TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
dnorth12

Tivo desktop mac - accessing server issue

Just installed tivo desktop for mac. Have allowed connections for tivo desktop. Server is running. Get an error that I can't access the server. Mac OS 10.7.x
Any ideas?
dnorth12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:42 AM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnorth12 View Post
Just installed tivo desktop for mac. Have allowed connections for tivo desktop. Server is running. Get an error that I can't access the server. Mac OS 10.7.x
Any ideas?
Search this site for curl.conf to learn about the cookie problem.

Don't know if the solution morac came up with helps with a Mac or not.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnorth12 View Post
Get an error that I can't access the server.
We need more info. Where are you seeing this error? What were you trying to do at the time?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
dnorth12

I am seeing this error on the tivo music and videos via my s3 tivo when I select the tivo desktop server that is running on my imac 10.7.5.

The placeholders are displayed for forthcoming images, but then the "can't access the server" message is displayed.
dnorth12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
tivosupport_gen
TiVo Representative

On February 16th 2013, the TiVoToGo feature of the TiVo Desktop application for Windows PCs no longer allowed transfers from the DVR to the PC. A patch has been developed which will restore the TiVoToGo transfer feature. For more information and instructions on how to apply the patch, please visit our support page http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/196.

If you were having trouble prior to February 16th or having trouble with a different feature of TiVo Desktop, this patch is unrelated and may not be applicable.

This patch only applies to TiVo Desktop 2.8.3 for Windows PCs and older versions of TiVo Desktop and other 3rd party applications and devices such as ReadyDLNA devices, Windows Home Server devices, Roxio Toast/Popcorn for Mac may still be incompatible. Until a software update is made available for TiVo DVRs, these 3rd party devices and software may not allow transfers. The availability date for these software updates is still to be determined.

Thank you,
TiVo
tivosupport_gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Thanks tivosupport_gen, but that's not the issue here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote