TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
plazman30

New Tivo offer

Just got an email with a new TiVo offer. I can get a Roamio for $175 and transfer my existing service plan, which is $12.99/month.

Might be a good time to pull the trigger.
plazman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by plazman30 View Post
Just got an email with a new TiVo offer. I can get a Roamio for $175 and transfer my existing service plan, which is $12.99/month.

Might be a good time to pull the trigger.
Which Roamio model?

You could also buy one of the discount codes on eBay and get a Roamio (Base model) for $149.99 and $9.99/month service. (Or $449.99 for the Roamio with lifetime service). The code might cost you up to $49, though.

But assuming you can't justify the money for lifetime service, the extra $25 you'd spend that way (including the coupon code) would save you $3/month -- a pretty quick payback period for that extra $25 up front. And the same coupon code would get you discounts on other equipment too.

Just a thought.

Now if that $175 is for a Plus or Pro model, the economics change a bit and payback would be longer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:48 PM   #3
mchabura

I received this offer as well. I have received these before, but really considering pulling the trigger on it and purchasing the Roamio Plus (upgrading from TivoHD). Has anyone had any success in transferring their $6.95 MSD plan during one of these offer periods?

Thanks.
mchabura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #4
csell

What's the best deal that has been offered by Tivo for the Roamio. I too got the email about an upgrade offer which includes transferring my $12.99 plan (so I save $24 a year). The Tivo Plus is being offered for $324 and the Pro for $474. Looking at all of my old Tivo emails, this seems like the best deal so far.

I'm just wondering if I should jump on this or wait for another one. I do like the idea of keeping the current service plan. That'll save an extra $100 over the life of the device (over 4 years).
csell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:42 PM   #5
trip1eX

Well Tivo offered the Plus to anyone for $600 with lifetime a few months back.

IF you buy one today for $324 and pay $13/mo over the next 2 years you will have paid $636 after 2 years and would continue to be on the hook for the $13/mo.
trip1eX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #6
dforemsky

Does anybody know if lifetime service can be added to Roamios purchased under this program? I currently have three Tivo HD units that I would like to replace with a Roamio and two minis. I have month-to-month service on the three HD units.

If I purchase a Roamio, and put lifetime service on it with the MSD, what will happen if I then cancel service on all of the HD units?
dforemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #7
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by dforemsky View Post
Does anybody know if lifetime service can be added to Roamios purchased under this program? I currently have three Tivo HD units that I would like to replace with a Roamio and two minis. I have month-to-month service on the three HD units. If I purchase a Roamio, and put lifetime service on it with the MSD, what will happen if I then cancel service on all of the HD units?
Once it has lifetime you're safe. They won't take that away or charge you more. I would use the PLSR code to save the $100 though. This will also preserve and be used as the base for your MSD should you get more units in the future.
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote