TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
shaun-ohio
shaun

help

my problem is i cant get all of the channels to come in, i get no message just a blank screen, i have had twc here 3 times now i have called the twc cable card hotline and tivo support, they all say the cable card and the tuning adapter is both paired, i have went into settings and it shows 0 emms whatever that means some channels will come in fine and the other ones wont,, so what should i do to fix this problem> because i am paying for cable programming that i cannot get the channel to come in. i forgot to tell you i have the series 4 xl premier
shaun-ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
dlfl
Cranky old novice

I have TWC in southwest OH which, since it has a much greater population density than your area, I assume has a lot more experience with TiVo's. However their knowledge and support for TiVo's is terrible. Your problems are due to a combination of the account setup and signals being provided to you, and can only be solved by TWC -- all I can say is "good luck".

The TWC national help desk has varying capabilities for "looking into" the local TWC regions. I suspect in your case they can't see the info that would allow them to diagnose an incorrect account provisioning.

What is the light on your TA doing? Assuming you have a Cisco STA1520, the green light should be steady on. Try power-cycling it. The light should blink slowly for several minutes then go steady on. I have to do this every few weeks when I lose some or all of my SDV channels. Usually I have to restart the Tivo in conjunction with this in order to force it to reload the channel mapping from the TA.

Have you talked to the TWC self-install people at 866.606.5889, to verify proper pairing of your CableCARD?

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Re-run Guided Setup.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
shaun-ohio
shaun

the green light is steady i have rebooted the tivo so many times it still doesnt help i even unplugged the tuning adapter and rebooted the tivo then plugged the tuning adapter back in i keep getting the same thing black screen or either this channel is not available to push select or searching for signal yesterday i had 105 emms today it is 0 i have contacted twc hotline for cable cards but will try running the guided setup again see if that helps like i say some channels come in and others wont at all
Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
shaun-ohio
shaun

still didnt help re run the guided setup again, i dont know what to try now still alot of the channels wont come in it is funny some of the sd channels come in but when i go to the hd channel with the same number they wont come in but the sd channel will, i hate to go get a hd dvr from twc to be able to get all the channels i subscribe to because those dvr's suck