TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #1
Wpsiii

Question Buffering while watching SD programs on Mini

I have a Roamio and two Minis. When I watch a Live TV SD program on a Mini, there is considerable buffering. I get around this by rewinding the program for about 30 seconds, then it plays just fine.

The problem does not occur when watching a recorded program (SD or HD), a Live TV HD program, or anything on the Roamio.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to correct it?

Wpsiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #2
fcfc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpsiii View Post
I have a Roamio and two Minis. When I watch a Live TV SD program on a Mini, there is considerable buffering. I get around this by rewinding the program for about 30 seconds, then it plays just fine.

The problem does not occur when watching a recorded program (SD or HD), a Live TV HD program, or anything on the Roamio.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to correct it?
That's a strange symptom, are you connecting to the Roamio with Ethernet or MoCA? Does this happen with both minis?

fcfc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:37 PM   #3
Wpsiii

Ethernet.

Happens on both, but more often on one than the other. The "good" one is connected directly to the router via a 3 foot patch cable. The "bad" one is in another room connected via a switch. Total cable length is < 50', and a lot closer than the Roamio.

I suppose it could be time related since the one with the problem is only used late at night.

I suspected the Video Output Format setting, but both are the same - 1080i, set by Auto Detect.

I guess the next step is to swap the two and see if the problem follows.

Wpsiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:12 PM   #4
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpsiii View Post
Ethernet.

Happens on both, but more often on one than the other. The "good" one is connected directly to the router via a 3 foot patch cable. The "bad" one is in another room connected via a switch. Total cable length is < 50', and a lot closer than the Roamio.

I suppose it could be time related since the one with the problem is only used late at night.

I suspected the Video Output Format setting, but both are the same - 1080i, set by Auto Detect.

I guess the next step is to swap the two and see if the problem follows.
This is sort of off the wall, but if the problem doesn't follow the box, you might try to set the Mini to 480i only. Perhaps the upscale ability is not working right. Obviously this means your TV will upscale the content, and it may or may not look as good. But since your problem is weird already, what's to lose?

JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote