TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM   #1
HuskerMike

HD signals streaming live TV

I have a situation similar to another recent post, but it's a different enough problem I thought I'd ask..

Here's my issue. I have an office with 5 HDTVs all on a video wall together. They're all going to air live news on different channels. I have the main TV hooked up to Tivo Roamio Plus, and I thought I would just split the cable to the other 4 TVs - but I've discovered that those TVs only show SD programming, not HD without a cable box for each one. So, I thought maybe I'd get Tivo minis for the other 4 TVs so I could stream beautiful HD to them (different news channels on each). But I just learned that the minis "time out" after 4 hours of live TV, so perhaps that isn't a great solution either.

So basically, I want HD on 5 TVs all next to each other all on different live TV channels.
Any thoughts on how to do what I want?
If I set up all the minis to record a show every four hours, would that be a good work-around?

Thanks to all.

Last edited by HuskerMike : Yesterday at 10:02 AM.
HuskerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Minis cannot record because there are not hard drives in them.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM   #3
tarheelblue32

All you have to do to keep the Minis from timing out is hit a button on the remote at least every 4 hours.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:05 AM   #4
waynomo
My One Time

What about using KMTTG to remotely hit a button?

I've never tried this with a Mini, but KMTTG has TiVo remote functionality built into it. You can control your boxes, etc. with this functionality. So remotely just use it to hit a button on the Mini. I don't know if a script can be written or not, but a macro that automatically presses the correct keys every few hours could be created.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:23 AM   #5
HuskerMike

I know the minis can't record. I was asking if I set up a recording every four hours on four of the tuners on the Roamio. I'm not going to manually push any buttons every four hours - if this is going to work, I need to find a workaround. Like the recording thing. It's funny Tivo would intentionally cripple the minis to be so antagonistic toward professional applications like this.
HuskerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:11 PM   #6
waynomo
My One Time

My post suggested a way to automate.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote