TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #151
stellie93

I think we mentioned in S1 that there seemed to be dead people in traffic jams that hadn't turned. I wondered about that here too. Does a walker have a life span and then they rot?

Also I have a vague memory of the idea that some walkers are hyper and keep moving while others sit or lie still until something edible comes along.
stellie93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #152
Vendikarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I think we mentioned in S1 that there seemed to be dead people in traffic jams that hadn't turned. I wondered about that here too. Does a walker have a life span and then they rot?

Also I have a vague memory of the idea that some walkers are hyper and keep moving while others sit or lie still until something edible comes along.
The comic had two names for the zombies. Walkers and lurkers. the walker was always in motion, the lurker would sit or stand and not move unless something attracted its attention. The series doesn't use the name lurker, but they do seem to use the concept.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #153
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
On a semi-related note, why were there walkers in the cafe? Was there some event that made people just die immediately right where they were sitting, and then they turned into walkers? Or did someone lead them into that building and then shut the door and they couldn't get out? Seems odd to me that a bunch of people would just die mid-meal at a diner like that. And all the bodies in the cars they find seems odd, too. Most of the wrecks don't look serious enough to have killed all the passengers immediately, but yet the cars seem to all have dead, decaying bodies in them as if the passengers died before they had a chance to get out.
We saw the same thing previously with walkers in wedding attire inside a church.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #154
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

Quote:
On a semi-related note, why were there walkers in the cafe? Was there some event that made people just die immediately right where they were sitting, and then they turned into walkers? Or did someone lead them into that building and then shut the door and they couldn't get out? Seems odd to me that a bunch of people would just die mid-meal at a diner like that. And all the bodies in the cars they find seems odd, too. Most of the wrecks don't look serious enough to have killed all the passengers immediately, but yet the cars seem to all have dead, decaying bodies in them as if the passengers died before they had a chance to get out.
In other zombie lore, zombies had some kind of residual memory of places they frequented. It would make sense that some may be in a diner, church, etc.
As for the corpses in the cars, I don't have a clue.
MK code 1762-3068-7645/ Carlos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
trnsfrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #155
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsfrguy View Post
In other zombie lore, zombies had some kind of residual memory of places they frequented.
They made a point of that at the beginning of WD, with Morgan's wife.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #156
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
They made a point of that at the beginning of WD, with Morgan's wife.
True...
MK code 1762-3068-7645/ Carlos

trnsfrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #157
Test

Something about the door knob was written on Morgan's wall too
Old 03-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #158
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
That notion occurred to me, also. That type of bracelet is the type of bracelet they put on newborns in the hospital back when I was born. Then the mother usually kept it as a keepsake (probably not mine, as she didn't like me..but that's another Jerry Springer show). I don't get around much anymore, but I've never seen that type of bracelet in any other scenario than with the newborn thing.
Are you sure they put that kind of bracelet on a newborn? Seems like a choking hazard to me. Infants suck on their hands and anything else they can get their mouth on. And they suck strongly.

I didn't have any doubt that the person wearing the bracelet was named Erin. Like someone else said "open and shut story telling".
Why would a woman wear a bracelet with a name other than her own on it?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #159
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
They used to put them on newborns. I have the one for me. It has my last name, not my first and some pink beads (since I am a girl) and was given in 1961.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #160
pmyers

Quote:
...On a semi-related note, why were there walkers in the cafe? Was there some event that made people just die immediately right where they were sitting, and then they turned into walkers? Or did someone lead them into that building and then shut the door and they couldn't get out? Seems odd to me that a bunch of people would just die mid-meal at a diner like that. And all the bodies in the cars they find seems odd, too. Most of the wrecks don't look serious enough to have killed all the passengers immediately, but yet the cars seem to all have dead, decaying bodies in them as if the passengers died before they had a chance to get out.
I hope we get some back story on that. It sure seems like some people actually died (instantly?), while others were turned. I'd love to know why/how.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #161
Mr. Merkin

Why is it that none of the recent victims of human on human violence have turned into walkers once they passed? Have the writers just forgotten about that plot development from season 2? I thought they were all infected and would turn into walkers once they died a non-zombie death (i.e., Shane). What the hell??
Mr. Merkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #162
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Merkin View Post
Why is it that none of the recent victims of human on human violence have turned into walkers once they passed? Have the writers just forgotten about that plot development from season 2? I thought they were all infected and would turn into walkers once they died a non-zombie death (i.e., Shane). What the hell??
Is there anyone who has recently died, not by head trauma, who hasn't been the recipient of post mortem head trauma? Lori was shot by Carl to prevent her from turning. The prisoner was shot in the head.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #163
malayphred
Underpowered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
They used to put them on newborns. I have the one for me. It has my last name, not my first and some pink beads (since I am a girl) and was given in 1961.
When I was born, beads hadn't been invented yet
malayphred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #164
Mr. Merkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Is there anyone who has recently died, not by head trauma, who hasn't been the recipient of post mortem head trauma? Lori was shot by Carl to prevent her from turning. The prisoner was shot in the head.
Didn't the governor say that they had lost X amount of people in the raid? What about the prisoner from the prison who came with them on the raid? Didn't he get shot in the back or something?
Mr. Merkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #165
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Merkin View Post
Didn't the governor say that they had lost X amount of people in the raid? What about the prisoner from the prison who came with them on the raid? Didn't he get shot in the back or something?
Why do you assume that they neither turned nor were shot/stabbed in the head to prevent them from turning?

I think they've shown them doing the postmortem head-shots often enough to assume that they're taking care of business even if we don't see it in a particular case.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #166
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
We saw the same thing previously with walkers in wedding attire inside a church.
Yes, that's another example of what I'm talking about, which leads to the assumption that while Rick was in his coma, there was some event that spread quickly throughout the world and killed people almost instantly and usually simultaneously with other people in their same vicinity.

Did the explanation from the guy at the CDC discuss this, or was he just talking about the virus that makes people turn after they die?
Old 03-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #167
MacThor
Not Pictured

I guarantee the Governor made sure any casualties of the raid were brained.

The "lounging Walkers" don't bother me much. We've seen them since the pilot. Once the human population got scarce the Walkers have a pretty boring un-life. Can't blame them for sitting around.

The ones in the cafe might have been regulars who decided to drink cyanide cocktails and check out together. Remember, most of the survivors thought you only turned when you were bit. Suicide is pretty common in Zombie Apocalypse lore. They all fall asleep, and when they "wake" they're all zombies so they just sit and rot.

The non-walker dead bodies in cars still don't have a good enough explanation, IMO. Kirkman or Mazzara tried to explain it as "head trauma from car accident" but that's a cop out. That was a big traffic jam in the S2 premiere; not all of those corpses could have died from head trauma in a fender bender.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #168
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
I guarantee the Governor made sure any casualties of the raid were brained.

The "lounging Walkers" don't bother me much. We've seen them since the pilot. Once the human population got scarce the Walkers have a pretty boring un-life. Can't blame them for sitting around.

The ones in the cafe might have been regulars who decided to drink cyanide cocktails and check out together. Remember, most of the survivors thought you only turned when you were bit. Suicide is pretty common in Zombie Apocalypse lore. They all fall asleep, and when they "wake" they're all zombies so they just sit and rot.

The non-walker dead bodies in cars still don't have a good enough explanation, IMO. Kirkman or Mazzara tried to explain it as "head trauma from car accident" but that's a cop out. That was a big traffic jam in the S2 premiere; not all of those corpses could have died from head trauma in a fender bender.
Instead of coming up with tortured logic, it would be so refreshing if an occasionally a show runner would just say "Yeah, we got that wrong. We thought it would look cool, and we didn't really think it through. Please just let it go."
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #169
rimler

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Instead of coming up with tortured logic, it would be so refreshing if an occasionally a show runner would just say "Yeah, we got that wrong. We thought it would look cool, and we didn't really think it through. Please just let it go."
That's ok, I think you just did it.
rimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #170
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
King County Cafe.

If you like Lennie James (Morgan), I would thoroughly recommend you check out Line of Duty. Not available for streaming, but there are ways.
Jericho. I always think of him as the guy from Jericho. I loved that show.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #171
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by malayphred View Post
When I was born, beads hadn't been invented yet
When I was born, letters hadn't been invented yet...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #172
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
When I was born, letters hadn't been invented yet...
Beads came before letters, kiddo.

Ah, I remember when those %@^$ newfangled beads came along...world's been downhill ever since. Beads, letters, internet, in retrospect it was a slippery slope.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #173
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
Jericho. I always think of him as the guy from Jericho. I loved that show.
He's also a pimp in Hung on HBO. (or was)
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #174
mchasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
It's also the type of bracelet a kid might make for their Mom or Dad.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #175
MikeMar
Go Pats

In a car, couldn't everyone SIMPLY have their seatbelts on, and then "starved"

MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #176
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
So seatbelt laws could save us from the zombie apocalypse!

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #177
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
But why would someone sit in a car and starve to death rather than get out and look for food?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #178
pmyers

I'd gladly take a break from the prison and Woodbury to get some backstory on what happend during the outbreak!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #179
robbhimself

Quote:
But why would someone sit in a car and starve to death rather than get out and look for food?
i'm guessing people were trapped in their cars surrounded by walkers, and just eventually starved to death
robbhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #180
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I'd gladly take a break from the prison and Woodbury to get some backstory on what happend during the outbreak!
General spoiler:

Spoiler:
I read somewhere, maybe TV guide, that they are doing a flashback episode this season. Maybe?

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote