TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #121
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
In fact, that's where they'd be most likely to be. The ones who wander free-range in a zombie-rich environment don't pass on their free-range genes.

Rats in a building, even outside the safe zone, would be pretty much zombie-proof, since they live out of sight, only come out to forage, and would have no problem slipping into a wall, drain, etc. at the first sign of trouble.

Whereas Morgan can set traps.
Exactly.

Believe me, living in Baltimore I know rats. There are ways to trap a rat, but you need to have a brain to do it. Zombies wouldn't, Morgan would. In fact, like the squirrels, they could also be a food source for him if they were plentiful. Maybe not tasty, but better than starving.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #122
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Exactly.

In fact, like the squirrels, they could also be a food source for him if they were plentiful. Maybe not tasty, but better than starving.
John Spartan reported that rat - burgers are tasty. (Demolition Man).
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #123
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface View Post
Spoiler:
You haven't seen the last of Morgan.
I've seen it now but surely a spoiler hint would have been useful ?
Old 03-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #124
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
There was a walker that had a bracelet that said "Erin" I think I remember - is that the girl you're referring to? Am I forgetting her from somewhere?

Old 03-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #125
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post

Just because the walker is wearing a bracelet with the name on it doesn't necessarily mean that is the person....there are lots of people who wear bracelets with other person's names on them (grandchildren, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, etc.)....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #126
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post

Just because the walker is wearing a bracelet with the name on it doesn't necessarily mean that is the person....there are lots of people who wear bracelets with other person's names on them (grandchildren, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, etc.)....
That's very true. But if you are proposing that this particular show meant to leave an open question as to whether this is the same Erin, I disagree. For my money, it was a bit of clever open-and-shut storytelling. There's not meant to be any confusion here...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #127
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
That's very true. But if you are proposing that this particular show meant to leave an open question as to whether this is the same Erin, I disagree. For my money, it was a bit of clever open-and-shut storytelling. There's not meant to be any confusion here...
True and we'll probably get a back story in some kind of webisode
Old 03-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #128
Zevida
witless and unarmed

I remembered seeing the bracelet. I also saw the sign, but I don't think I saw the part that said "Erin", so I didn't put the two together.

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #129
Cainebj

Quote:
Just because the walker is wearing a bracelet with the name on it doesn't necessarily mean that is the person....
seriously?

great gifs!!!

Last edited by Cainebj : 03-06-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: more
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #130
MacThor
Not Pictured

I liked how calm and matter-of-fact the trio were. I thought Walkers were strong enough to break through car window glass, but they didn't seem the least bit concerned. Rick just casually rolls down his window and says "cover your ears."
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #131
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
True and we'll probably get a back story in some kind of webisode
If you see one, let me know. I'm curious... but I rarely ever check on-line for such things.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #132
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
I remembered seeing the bracelet. I also saw the sign, but I don't think I saw the part that said "Erin", so I didn't put the two together.
That was me as well. I saw the sign but didn't see the Erin part. I assumed it marking a spot where a group, on their way to Stone Mountain, got stuck and overrun by walkers. Kind of like a group headstone.

Then later I saw the bracelet and thought it was odd they zoomed in it enough to read it when we didn't know anyone named Erin.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #133
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
If you see one, let me know. I'm curious... but I rarely ever check on-line for such things.
You haven't seen any of the webisodes ?
MK code 1762-3068-7645/ Carlos

trnsfrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #134
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I have two.
I have a Scottish two-handed claymore. You could easily behead someone with it, but it would be a workout (it weighs about 8 lbs, which is actually a lot to swing around)
kaszeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #135
MonsterJoe
waxing cynical

That's why a katana is perfect. Light, well balanced, fast, and long enough that you don't have to get too close like for a knife.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #136
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsfrguy View Post
I have not. Are they all collected somewhere for easy viewing?

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #137
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
That's why a katana is perfect. Light, well balanced, fast, and long enough that you don't have to get too close like for a knife.
The Zombie Survival Guide agrees, FWIW.

Quote:
The sword is the ideal edged weapon, but not every kind will suffice. Foils, rapiers, and similar fencing weapons are not suited for slicing. Their only possible use would be a direct stab through the eye socket followed by a quick swirling action through the brain. This motion, however, has been accomplished only once, by a trained swordsman, and is therefore not recommended.

Single-handed long swords allow you a free hand for other tasks such as opening a door or defending your body with a shield. Their only drawback is the lack of swinging power. One arm may not have the strength to slice through the thick cartilage between bones. Another drawback is its user's notorious lack of accuracy. Scoring a flesh wound anywhere on the body of a living opponent is one thing. Making an exact, clean chop through the neck is something else altogether.

Double-handed swords could be considered the best in their class, providing the strength and accuracy for perfect decapitation. Of this type, the Japanese Samurai Katana ranks first. Its weight (three to five pounds) is perfect for long-term conflicts, and its blade can sever the toughest organic fiber.

In tight quarters, shorter blades hold the advantage. The Roman Gladius is one choice, although combat-ready replicas are hard to find. The Japanese Ninjite boats a two-handed grip and, in genuine models, renowned tempered steel. Both factors make it a superior weapon. The common machete, because of its size, weight, and availability, is probably your best choice. If possible, find the military type usually sold at Army surplus stores. Its steel tends to be of a higher quality, and its blackened blade helps concealment at night.

| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #138
Test

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walki...&post_id=32666

Sort by season then choose webisodes in the drop down
Old 03-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #139
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsfrguy View Post
I saw one of the Season One webisodes about the origin of the crawling zombie. That's it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I have not. Are they all collected somewhere for easy viewing?
Good question!
Quote:
http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walki...&post_id=32666

Sort by season then choose webisodes in the drop down
Good answer

Check out
Old 03-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #140
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
I liked how calm and matter-of-fact the trio were. I thought Walkers were strong enough to break through car window glass, but they didn't seem the least bit concerned. Rick just casually rolls down his window and says "cover your ears."
I wasn't concerned with the car windows but I was concerned with that old glass door that Carl was casually standing up against with the horde right on the other side.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #141
sharkster

Quote:
That notion occurred to me, also. That type of bracelet is the type of bracelet they put on newborns in the hospital back when I was born. Then the mother usually kept it as a keepsake (probably not mine, as she didn't like me..but that's another Jerry Springer show). I don't get around much anymore, but I've never seen that type of bracelet in any other scenario than with the newborn thing.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #142
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I wasn't concerned with the car windows but I was concerned with that old glass door that Carl was casually standing up against with the horde right on the other side.
But he did appear to be holding the swam back behind the crickety door with his foot and muscular 80 lb frame.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #143
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
But he did appear to be holding the swam back behind the crickety door with his foot and muscular 80 lb frame.
Hah, I was thinking the same thing.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #144
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
That notion occurred to me, also. That type of bracelet is the type of bracelet they put on newborns in the hospital back when I was born. Then the mother usually kept it as a keepsake (probably not mine, as she didn't like me..but that's another Jerry Springer show). I don't get around much anymore, but I've never seen that type of bracelet in any other scenario than with the newborn thing.
Exactly. Not at ALL the type of bracelet one wears with one's own name on it...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #145
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
I don't get around much anymore, but I've never seen that type of bracelet in any other scenario than with the newborn thing.
Quote:
Exactly. Not at ALL the type of bracelet one wears with one's own name on it...
I've seen those bracelets before with the person's name on them (necklaces too) even though I don't get around too much either. I immediately thought "that must be Erin... the one mentioned in the sign". I couldn't imagine the directors of the show wanting us to make any other assumption.

Check out
Old 03-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #146
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post

I think they want you to believe that since walkers can't turn a doorknob (or open cages), they will remain in that cafe until someone lets them out. The cafe door is apparently the strongest door of the ZA.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #147
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
I think they want you to believe that since walkers can't turn a doorknob (or open cages), they will remain in that cafe until someone lets them out. The cafe door is apparently the strongest door of the ZA.
I think the walkers in this world are attracted by what they can see, hear, or maybe smell. With the door closed and Carl being quiet, it stands to reason that the walkers on the other side of the door would quickly lose interest and stop pushing on the door since they couldn't see or hear anything on the other side of the door.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #148
MacThor
Not Pictured

Didn't Walkers overrun military bases at some point?
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #149
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
Didn't Walkers overrun military bases at some point?
That's what we were told, but most military bases have chain link fences. Get a big enough herd of walkers pushing on that fencing and the chain link is not going to hold. I predict that will eventually happen at the prison as well.

On a semi-related note, why were there walkers in the cafe? Was there some event that made people just die immediately right where they were sitting, and then they turned into walkers? Or did someone lead them into that building and then shut the door and they couldn't get out? Seems odd to me that a bunch of people would just die mid-meal at a diner like that. And all the bodies in the cars they find seems odd, too. Most of the wrecks don't look serious enough to have killed all the passengers immediately, but yet the cars seem to all have dead, decaying bodies in them as if the passengers died before they had a chance to get out.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #150
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

No reason they couldn't overrun military bases from the inside.