Forum Jump

Old 03-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #91
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatecable View Post
Three here. BTW Betts like the new avatar
Thanks, it's for the WereWolf game I am playing over in Funhouse. Tarantino themed. I didn't even connect it to swords till just now though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #92
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
Then your saying this forum is useless...
No.....the show is useless BECAUSE of this forum I already have a place to just talk about the show. I like (the few times) they have cast members or production people on the show and you get some inside information.

I agree that I used to think the 30 minute format was too short but now think the 1 hour format is too long.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #93
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
Ya - I asked SO this question about 40 times as soon as I saw what they were leaving with.

A duffle bag? The dude could have armed a small city with the stuff in that apartment and they left with a duffle bag?

Maybe they just didn't show all of it?
There were at least 3 bags that they loaded up into the car.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #94
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
...the show is useless BECAUSE of this forum I already have a place to just talk about the show....
Exactly. I couldn't stand TTD when it was 30 mins, and I dang sure couldn't stand it being an hour. I tried it several times last season, but it sucked so bad....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #95
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Exactly. I couldn't stand TTD when it was 30 mins, and I dang sure couldn't stand it being an hour. I tried it several times last season, but it sucked so bad....
It used to be good...
Old 03-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #96
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
TD was actually great this week. They went behind the scenes of Morgan's Zombie Obstacle Course, and it was way more detailed than we saw from the show.
Yes. I actually went back to re-watch just to read things on the walls and to look at the booby traps. I agree that. They need booby traps at the jail. They were brilliant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
RE: the guy on the road.

We don't know anything about him, he could be a wizard like someone suggested, or just some lucky guy. Perhaps he decided to not fight the zombies anymore because Rick and co. left him stranded. Living alone in a world like that would take it's toll. Maybe he figured he'd rather die then spend another day alone.

Rick from season 1 or 2 would have at least given him a fair shake. What they did to that him was only better than what someone like the governor would have done to that guy.
Rick was even willing to put a non-threatening walker out of her misery in S1E1.

I still think they could have tied him up and put him in the trunk or the back of the car until they finished their mission. It wouldn't have been that difficult. I understand why they did it but it was really sad (and funny).
Old 03-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #97
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
There were at least 3 bags that they loaded up into the car.
smeeker!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #98
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post

I have two.
Is one or both a Hattori Hanzo?

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #99
MacThor
Not Pictured

Quote:
No.....the show is useless BECAUSE of this forum I already have a place to just talk about the show. I like (the few times) they have cast members or production people on the show and you get some inside information.

I agree that I used to think the 30 minute format was too short but now think the 1 hour format is too long.
TD was really good this week (it helped that WD was such a strong fan episode). Aisha was a better guest than Kevin Smith, Steven Yeun or even Kirkman. In fact, Kirkman might be the worst guest of all. He doesn't add anything IMO.

The problem with the "insiders" at least this half-season is that they get asked good questions then bend themselves into a pretzel trying to avoid spoilers because they know what happens in subsequent episodes, and wind up wasting 2 minutes of an already too-long show with a non-answer.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #100
Mr.Scarface

Spoiler:
You haven't seen the last of Morgan.
Mr.Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #101
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
not to mention that the show is basically useless unless they have somebody from the show, actually on Talking Dead.
I just FF through the useless bits, such as live fan questions (actually all of the fan questions). I like to watch the In Memoriam segment, as well as the behind the scenes.

Plus Aisha Tyler is awesome.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:32 AM   #102
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface View Post
Spoiler:
You haven't seen the last of Morgan.
Spoiler:
happy happy happy about that...

Old 03-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #103
jradosh
Newlywed

I thought it was a strong episode, and I really liked the fact that they showed other "survivors" and how rare it is to actually survive. The hitchhiker was the obvious reference, but the "Erin" character was much more subtle and powerful in her own way. I'm surprised no one's mentioned her yet.

Agree that the bar door knob scene w/ Michione going back for the photo seemed a bit disjointed. Something got cut (for time maybe) and it was obvious.

What was "KCC" on the map? Was that the restaurant/bar?

Where are they getting all those rats? If the walkers eat them, seems to me they'd be extinct by now.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #104
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
...What was "KCC" on the map? Was that the restaurant/bar?....
Yes...the initials matched the name of the restaurant (tho I can't now remember offhand what it was)...
Old 03-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #105
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Where are they getting all those rats? If the walkers eat them, seems to me they'd be extinct by now.
I'd imagine it would be next to impossible for walkers to actually CATCH any small creatures.

I actually just read something that the Neanderthals could have gone extinct because they didn't change their hunting behavior from deer/large animals to small animals for food when the large animals died out.

Walkers gotta adapt!!

MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #106
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
And rats are both fast and tricky. THEY have adapted and survived thru many things humanity has thrown at them.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #107
jradosh
Newlywed

OK, but then how did he get all of the rats for his traps? Going out to hunt rats with walkers around... not my first choice.

Check out
Old 03-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #108
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
OK, but then how did he get all of the rats for his traps? Going out to hunt rats with walkers around... not my first choice.
I am sure that there are a lot of rats living in the buildings inside his protected zone. He catches them in safe trap and uses them to lure the walkers into the unsafe traps.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #109
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I am sure that there are a lot of rats living in the buildings inside his protected zone.
In fact, that's where they'd be most likely to be. The ones who wander free-range in a zombie-rich environment don't pass on their free-range genes.

Rats in a building, even outside the safe zone, would be pretty much zombie-proof, since they live out of sight, only come out to forage, and would have no problem slipping into a wall, drain, etc. at the first sign of trouble.

Whereas Morgan can set traps.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #110
jradosh
Newlywed

OK... I feel much better educated about the rat situation now. Thanks

No comment on the "Erin" character/story? I thought that was such a nice subtle little thing to throw in there. It really added to the whole "this is how other people are surviving (or not)" subtext to this episode. But no comments by anyone... :/

Check out
Old 03-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #111
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:

No comment on the "Erin" character/story? I thought that was such a nice subtle little thing to throw in there. It really added to the whole "this is how other people are surviving (or not)" subtext to this episode. But no comments by anyone... :/
There was a walker that had a bracelet that said "Erin" I think I remember - is that the girl you're referring to? Am I forgetting her from somewhere?
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #112
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
There was a walker that had a bracelet that said "Erin" I think I remember - is that the girl you're referring to? Am I forgetting her from somewhere?
Oh, OK, I remember that. I wasn't sure what he meant.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #113
tiams

Quote:

Yeah, I assumed "Erin" was killed in the car accident they came across and therefore died and turned just miles before she would have found the sign that was left for her. Sad.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #114
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

So there was a sign for Erin? I missed that originally or didn't connect them and forgot.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #115
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Yeah, I assumed "Erin" was killed in the car accident they came across and therefore died and turned just miles before she would have found the sign that was left for her. Sad.
This.

First they showed the car passing the sign that said (something like) "Erin, heading to Stone Mountain", and then later they're attacked by zombie Erin. If only her friends had waited for her... or if only she had found them... it's the untold story that fascinates me.

Check out
Old 03-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #116
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
This.

First they showed the car passing the sign that said (something like) "Erin, heading to Stone Mountain", and then later they're attacked by zombie Erin. If only her friends had waited for her... or if only she had found them... it's the untold story that fascinates me.
Oh - I wonder if her friends have a leader that is holding up the group because he's convinced she's alive and they will find her, when the reality is he's wasting half the season because he feels responsible for letting her alone in the woods and doesn't want to confront the uncomfortable reality.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #117
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Yes...the initials matched the name of the restaurant (tho I can't now remember offhand what it was)...
King County Cafe.

If you like Lennie James (Morgan), I would thoroughly recommend you check out Line of Duty. Not available for streaming, but there are ways.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #118
sharkster

Quote:
Oh - I wonder if her friends have a leader that is holding up the group because he's convinced she's alive and they will find her, when the reality is he's wasting half the season because he feels responsible for letting her alone in the woods and doesn't want to confront the uncomfortable reality.
LMAO
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #119
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Nobody would be dumb enough to do that! Oh wait...

Old 03-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #120
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Post of the day

Check out