Shaunnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post

Poor Morgan.

And how did Michonne get the picture?

She had Carl stand right in the front door so all the walkers were focused on him. She just ran in and grabbed it off the floor. Real easy.

Thought this was a great ep, LOVED the setup Morgan had, great way to be safe, kill a lot of walkers, and not even use any ammo on them.

That and go all "The Shinning" kinds of crazy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeMar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #3
GTuck
ClownPrinceofCrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
She had Carl stand right in the front door so all the walkers were focused on him. She just ran in and grabbed it off the floor. Real easy.

Thought this was a great ep, LOVED the setup Morgan had, great way to be safe, kill a lot of walkers, and not even use any ammo on them.

That and go all "The Shinning" kinds of crazy
Really? I thought it was the worst one of the year, each episode in the second half of season 3 becomes the worst episode of season 3. It's getting worse and worse, I don't care about Morgan anymore. I don't care that he's super crazy. Michonne was the best part of the episode, which is sad.
GTuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
Family

AMC shows seem to have one episode each season that's a money saver. This was it.
Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
n548gxg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTuck View Post
Really? I thought it was the worst one of the year, each episode in the second half of season 3 becomes the worst episode of season 3. It's getting worse and worse, I don't care about Morgan anymore. I don't care that he's super crazy. Michonne was the best part of the episode, which is sad.
I agree, it was a terrible episode. It just seemed like a 'filler' episode.
It did not ad=vance the plot line.

One question, why did they not pick up the hitchhiker?
n548gxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #6
MikeMar
Go Pats

I thought it was great as in showing how another character completely on his own, who lost his wife and son is handling it. It plays off of Rick who was lucky in that he was with his wife for a while, and still has his son. And he wasn't the one who had to kill his wife either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #7
GTuck
ClownPrinceofCrime

The only place Rick knows where to find ammo and guns is at his police station back in Kentucky? How far of a drive was that? 5 hours or so, it's also ridiculous that they went all the way back there.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #8
Cainebj

um what?

i thought it was a great episode and it totally advanced the story in terms of Rick's crazy, the relationship with Michonne, the relationship with Carl and how far they have fallen in the way they responded to the hitchhiker

honestly i was super happy to have a Woodbury free episode

one of my favorites of the season
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #9
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post

Poor Morgan.

And how did Michonne get the picture?

I think they shot a scene where she got the picture and then cut it. That entire scene had some weird editing. She grabbed Carl's hand before he opened the door and then it jumped ahead like a minute and they were at least 50 yards from the building. Something was clearly cut.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #10
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
The only place Rick knows where to find ammo and guns is at his police station back in Kentucky? How far of a drive was that? 5 hours or so, it's also ridiculous that they went all the way back there.
Rick was a cop in Kentucky? I thought he was in Georgia?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #11
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

I also thought it was a good episode. I was happy to see Morgan again, although the previously clips kind of tipped it off.

Did it advance the plot with the governor? No, but I was okay with that since it appears to have just been a one episode diversion.

The not picking up the hitchhiker was pretty brutal, especially stopping and picking up his backpack at the end. Although I found myself wondering how that guy had survived that long if he could not avoid the walkers on that road, especially when you consider that Rick, Carl and Michonne probably killed them all in order to get the car unstuck.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #12
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by n548gxg View Post
I agree, it was a terrible episode. It just seemed like a 'filler' episode.
It did not ad=vance the plot line.

One question, why did they not pick up the hitchhiker?
I think this episode was a turning point for Rick. Morgan is the future of Rick if Rick doesn't snap out of his funk. I think he saw what he could become and will now be on the mend.

It furthered his relationship with Carl. He saw Carl in action by watching him save Rick from Morgan. Before this episode, he was pretty much ignoring Carl after Lori's death. Now they are closer.

It furthered Michonne's relationship with Rick and Carl. Carl & Michonne bonded, and Carl told Rick that "she is one of us". She told Rick that she nows he "sees" people and that it is ok. They all have their ghosts. Rick now knows that he is not going through this alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
um what?

i thought it was a great episode and it totally advanced the story in terms of Rick's crazy, the relationship with Michonne, the relationship with Carl and how far they have fallen in the way they responded to the hitchhiker

All of this!

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #13
GTuck
ClownPrinceofCrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
Rick was a cop in Kentucky? I thought he was in Georgia?
Maybe that was the comic, either way it had to be a long stupid drive to go all the way back there.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #14
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

Quote:
Maybe that was the comic, either way it had to be a long stupid drive to go all the way back there.
Yes, Rick was a Kentucky cop in the comic and a Georgia cop on the show.
MK code 1762-3068-7645/ Carlos

trnsfrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #15
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Presented without comment: The guy who wrote this episode is the new show-runner for next season.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #16
Barmat

One of the best if not the best episode of the season.

The actor that played Morgan was great. loved trying to read the walls, it reminded me of lost.

Poor hitchhiker, thought he would come running out of the woods with a roll of TP after they took his backpack.
Barmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #17
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmat View Post
Poor hitchhiker, thought he would come running out of the woods with a roll of TP after they took his backpack.
I expected that too with the way the camera stayed there watching the car drive off.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #18
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I really enjoyed the episode. Getting away from the prison and the Gov. and all that crap. I was happy. I really don't like the 'stuck in one place'

I got why they didn't stop for the lone guy but was sad it ended like it did for him. I thought maybe when they were stuck that he would help them and they would take him on. And wow, so desperate that they stopped to grab the dead guys pack at the end.

I loved the whole bit with Morgan. It did wake Rick up. Wish he would have gone with them, but maybe we will see him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
I thought it was great as in showing how another character completely on his own, who lost his wife and son is handling it. It plays off of Rick who was lucky in that he was with his wife for a while, and still has his son. And he wasn't the one who had to kill his wife either.
This. Said much better than I could.

I liked how Rick reacted when Carl shot the guy. He seemed to want Carl to know that it was different to shoot a normal person and not a walker and that he didn't want Carl to have to do it.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #19
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Except we already saw his remains on the road.

I was half-expecting that he'd be huffing and puffing his way into town just as the car left. And the last we'd see of him would be him staring back at the car in abject shock...as a zombie horde lurches up behind him.

But I'm glad they chose to emphasize the brutal dickishness of our heroes over the potential humor of the situation.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #20
zalusky

This was "Clear"ly and fan episode. They know what you guys and twitter and other places are saying. They know you have been asking about Morgan and decided to do a partial one off episode to celebrate that.

I believe it did wrap up Ricks funk, Rick and Michonne, and Morgan issues.

I think though we will have winers know matter what some people just hate one offs.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #21
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I thought it was interesting to stop and think about how:

Morgan's wife killed Morgan's son.

Rick's son killed Rick's wife.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #22
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I thought it was interesting to stop and think about how:

Morgan's wife killed Morgan's son.

Rick's son killed Rick's wife.
Would Rick been able to kill Lorie if she was turned and going after Carl?

Man that's gotta be a tough spot, holding on hope and letting your wife "live" for a stretch of time, but then you have to make a split second decision to pull the trigger right over your son.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #23
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
One of the best if not the best episode of the season.

The actor that played Morgan was great. loved trying to read the walls, it reminded me of lost.

I agree. I knew, after watching it, that fans would either love it or hate it -- no in-between. This was a FANTASTIC, character-developing ep for all three (Rick, Carl, Michonne). I was floored that it went by so quickly.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #24
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
...Poor hitchhiker, thought he would come running out of the woods with a roll of TP after they took his backpack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I expected that too with the way the camera stayed there watching the car drive off.
How would you expect that after seeing his bloody carcass along the side of the road? (SMEEK)
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #25
Shaunnick

I just wanted to add since I did no do it in the OP, I liked the episode, I was just saddened that Morgan became what he is.
Shaunnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #26
sharkster

Re: The picture - IIRC, Carl dropped the picture RIGHT inside the door there where the zombies were so it seemed odd that Michonne could go to some back entrance and get the picture while they accumulated at the front door, desirous of Carl's flesh.

Re: The episode in general - I was getting kind of bored at first but it turned out to be pretty good.

The whole Morgan/Rick thing was good. The Michonne/Carl and Michonne/Rick thing was nice character/ally development. Some good lines. Cracked up when they drove by the mess that was the hitchhiker, then the backpack, then backed up and snatched the backpack. I must be pretty bad, that it made me laugh and I loved the direction of the scene.

TD was awesome, too. Love the new one-hour show time. (not a show spoiler at all - just content from TD)
Spoiler:
Didn't know that the actor who played Morgan is British. Man, Brits are so amazing at doing American accents, yet 99% of the actors I've seen try to play a Brit just sound bad.

Cool how they had wanted to bring Morgan back, as so many fans have been curious about him, but the actor had been so busy it took this long to get him in there.

Also loving the Hardwich interviews with Andrew Lincoln. Wish they'd show that in larger bits.

Loved the fan question suggesting that now they need to find a picture of Shane, so Judith will know her dad too.

sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #27
supham
Slow Member

When I saw Morgan, I started feeling sad for the other black guy at town.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #28
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
[despoiled because it's not a spoiler]Didn't know that the actor who played Morgan is British. Man, Brits are so amazing at doing American accents, yet 99% of the actors I've seen try to play a Brit just sound bad.
I just saw a trailer for an Australian movie with Anthony LaPaglia and Toni Collette, two actors who I know full well are Australian despite all their American roles. And hearing them with Aussie accents still sounded...wrong.

(Especially LaPaglia, who seems like the quintessential Brooklynite.)
Old 03-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #29
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I just saw a trailer for an Australian movie with Anthony LaPaglia and Toni Collette, two actors who I know full well are Australian despite all their American roles. And hearing them with Aussie accents still sounded...wrong.

(Especially LaPaglia, who seems like the quintessential Brooklynite.)
Didn't Lapaglia have the Aussie accent when he was on Frasier?
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #30
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post

I loved it.
Just in terms of watching Carl and what is going on in his head- the tone, the mood- everything. Not every episode has to advance the 'plot' or serve up xx number of confrontations- silence and processing happens, too. What it left me with was just their sadness that the hitch hiker was just one more loss in an unfathomable number- so much so that it was unremarkable to them.

The lack of Woodbury was my favorite part.
IMO this show doesn't need to focus on a big bad guy. The situation alone is bad enough.