TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
MaxH42

Exclamation Premiere HD menus don't allow "chan. up/down" to move between episode details?

OK, I've tried searching, but the terms I've come up with are too generic, and none of the threads I've checked address this issue.

One of my TiVo HDs died, so I bit the bullet and bought a Premiere. I am getting used to the HD menus and enjoying the more accessible episode and season info, but one thing seems to be missing. I do not seem to be able to click "Select" on a specific episode, go to that episode's details, and then use Chan. Up/Down to page through the episodes in that folder. I do this all the time to flip through the episode details and see which ones might be repeats or look for the one that says "Resume play" instead of "Play" to see which one we had watched partway through.

Am I missing something, or did TiVo just somehow remove/forget to program this function in the HD menus?? I can do it on my Premiere if I switch to the old menus, and just because of this I'm considering switching back to the SD menus.
MaxH42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
stevewjackson
Steve W. Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxH42 View Post
OK, I've tried searching, but the terms I've come up with are too generic, and none of the threads I've checked address this issue.

One of my TiVo HDs died, so I bit the bullet and bought a Premiere. I am getting used to the HD menus and enjoying the more accessible episode and season info, but one thing seems to be missing. I do not seem to be able to click "Select" on a specific episode, go to that episode's details, and then use Chan. Up/Down to page through the episodes in that folder. I do this all the time to flip through the episode details and see which ones might be repeats or look for the one that says "Resume play" instead of "Play" to see which one we had watched partway through.

Am I missing something, or did TiVo just somehow remove/forget to program this function in the HD menus?? I can do it on my Premiere if I switch to the old menus, and just because of this I'm considering switching back to the SD menus.
Nope, you did not miss anything. Others have pointed out the same shortcoming. And for some -- myself included -- it's really badly missed.
stevewjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
MaxH42

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewjackson View Post
Nope, you did not miss anything. Others have pointed out the same shortcoming. And for some -- myself included -- it's really badly missed.
Thanks, Steve. It's almost enough to get me to go back to the SD menus, but we'll see. The Premiere is attached to the 60" Bravia LCD, so I do like the extra detail.

But at least now I know that I'm not crazy...at least, not about this.
MaxH42 is offline   Reply With Quote