TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
banjomaniac

kickstart not working tivo restarting

OK, I installed a new drive that I installed a new image on, all seemed good, it was working and I was watching tv but the recorder has rebooted randomly several times so I thought I would try checking with kickstart, I hold pause when light turns amber and when second light turns amber I enter a code, tried several like 54, 57, and the screen flases like it is going to the kickstart page but then just reboots? Any ideas? It is a philips series 1 with lifetime service. HDR112

Thanks banjomaniac
banjomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomaniac View Post
OK, I installed a new drive that I installed a new image on, all seemed good, it was working and I was watching tv but the recorder has rebooted randomly several times so I thought I would try checking with kickstart, I hold pause when light turns amber and when second light turns amber I enter a code, tried several like 54, 57, and the screen flases like it is going to the kickstart page but then just reboots? Any ideas? It is a philips series 1 with lifetime service. HDR112

Thanks banjomaniac
What kind of drive? If it is a SATA drive there is the possibility that the Tivo doesn't like the particular SATA to IDE adpater you are using. Had a similar issue with that on a box where it would work for awhile and then randomly reboot. Also, I think there is a known issue with S1 boxes not liking Western Digital Blue drives. I think Unitron knows about that so maybe he will chime in.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
banjomaniac

It is a western digital blue BUT the drive I replaced was too and ran strong for four years. Maybe its time to bite the bullet and get a newer unit, after all it is a series 1. I'll see how it goes for a couple days, I split the signal so I can change tv input and watch direct on tv if it gets to annoying.

Thanks, banjomaniac
Old 02-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
banjomaniac

Tivo series 1, gonna miss you Time of Death - 9:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomaniac View Post
It is a western digital blue BUT the drive I replaced was too and ran strong for four years. Maybe its time to bite the bullet and get a newer unit, after all it is a series 1. I'll see how it goes for a couple days, I split the signal so I can change tv input and watch direct on tv if it gets to annoying.

Thanks, banjomaniac
I'm calling it, the drive lasted a whole 5 hours and now I'm getting the green screen severe error restart loop. I might snag another drive but more than likely I'm looking for a replacement with the lifetime.

banjomaniac