TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
Cainebj

The Walking Dead - 2/17/13 - "Home"

The beginning of this episode was so slowly paced I was daydreaming when that first attack moment on Axel happened - it jolted me and it took me seconds to figure out what was going on.

I especially couldn't figure out if the guy in the tower was friendly or not.

What an amazing scene.

Oh you Walking Dead writers actors producers. I say this every week - this show works my every last nerve.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

[pages through script] "Damn, I have a lot of lines this week. THAT can't be good."

I guess now the Governor can expect another surprise, unprovoked attack by Rick & Co.

Interesting how the moment the gunfire started, Rick jumped off the crazy train.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Just when I started to really like Axel. I didn't even know that was his name!
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
purwater
I make tasty water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
[pages through script] "Damn, I have a lot of lines this week. THAT can't be good."

I guess now the Governor can expect another surprise, unprovoked attack by Rick & Co.

Interesting how the moment the gunfire started, Rick jumped off the crazy train.
My wife said they sure are giving him some extra screen time this week. I said yeah he must be Yeoman Johnson the red shirt. Little did we know that in just minutes his time would be up.
purwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
sharkster

Somehow I had managed to forget what a vile puke Merle is - up to the last couple of weeks, that is. I'd love to see him die.

Anyway, as to Axel (Re: Talking Dead)
Spoiler:
The actor who plays Axel was on Talking Dead last night. I guess he and Chris Hardwick are friends. Seemed like a cool guy
Axel's death had to be one of the cooler deaths of a live person. Mid-sentence KAPOW. I thought it took Carol out, too, at first. Poor Carol. At first, when she had the abusive husband and kid and then for eons after the loss of the kid, I couldn't stand her. I've grown to like her.

Andrea used to be smart. Then she got stoopid regarding the Governator. It looks like maybe she's smartening up again (?). I hope so. Would love to see him die, too. But then that's how I roll.

I think Rick is on his way back to realityland. I really don't like crazy Rick at all.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

That was a pretty instense battle with Carol using the body as cover.

I hope this jolts Rick back into reality and that they bring the fight to the Governor. The governer just does not care anymore as once again he never bothered to take cover.

With both Michonne and Merle helping out it could a way to keep them at the Prison. Michonne was making it look so damn easy I had the feeling she could have easily taken out all of the walkers.

I did notice a continuity error. The tatoo on Daryls back switched sides. When Merle tore the shirt it was on his right shoulder blade, but when Daryl was walking away it was on his left.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
Andrea used to be smart.
I have to keep reminding myself that we know a lot more than Andrea does
- although she is a bit slow (the thunderdome fight comes to mind) -
I am patiently waiting for the moment when she actually finds out what's going on.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
I hope this jolts Rick back into reality and that they bring the fight to the Governor.
I'm sure he will, but clearly that's exactly what the Guv wants. As far as his town is concerned, Rick & Co. have already launched one unprovoked, fatal attack. Now they'll launch another (since only the Guv and his Evil Cronies were in on the prison raid). That will give the Guv all the excuse he needs to go full scorched-Earth on the prison.

And this right after Rick has chased off a group of able-bodied people.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #9
sharkster

Quote:
That was a pretty instense battle with Carol using the body as cover.

I hope this jolts Rick back into reality and that they bring the fight to the Governor. The governer just does not care anymore as once again he never bothered to take cover.

With both Michonne and Merle helping out it could a way to keep them at the Prison. Michonne was making it look so damn easy I had the feeling she could have easily taken out all of the walkers.

I did notice a continuity error. The tatoo on Daryls back switched sides. When Merle tore the shirt it was on his right shoulder blade, but when Daryl was walking away it was on his left.
Speaking of continuity breaks - (NOT a spoiler but from sneak peek into next week's episode so I'll spoilerize for the purists of the pure)
Spoiler:
There was a short scene showing the Gov and he had the eye patch off, but the boo boo eye seemed to be the wrong one. oops!

Old 02-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #10
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I have to keep reminding myself that we know a lot more than Andrea does
- although she is a bit slow (the thunderdome fight comes to mind) -
I am patiently waiting for the moment when she actually finds out what's going on.
The way I see it, the sex must be pretty damn good because there have been lots of hints into his whackatude.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
cherry ghost

What happened to the driver of the zombie-filled truck? Did we see him/her die/escape?
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #12
zalusky

I have a question of foggy memory outside of this episode. In Atlanta we saw a helicopter and subsequently after the farm escape we saw a flashback showing the helicopter again which seem to start the zombie heard. I presumed that helipcopter is what they used to rescue Merle with. I suppose that might have been wrong but have we ever seen/resolved the helicopter since?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #13
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
What happened to the driver of the zombie-filled truck? Did we see him/her die/escape?
He was the guy in the body armor who ran away from the truck. Presumably, he's back safe in Woodbury now.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #14
pmyers

Quote:
He was the guy in the body armor who ran away from the truck. Presumably, he's back safe in Woodbury now.
That looked like a female to me.

I did wonder how they got a bad guy up into that tower. Isn't that inside the grounds that they have control over?

That zombie-bomb was awesome! Props to the Gov!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #15
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I did wonder how they got a bad guy up into that tower. Isn't that inside the grounds that they have control over?
We (and the Prison Folk) know that there is already a way into the prison that even a zombie can find. It's not surprising the Guv could find it.

(I suppose it SHOULD be surprising the Prison Folk can't find it, but they can be real idiots some times... )
Old 02-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #16
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
This is only a coincidence but my mailing address is Woodbury, NJ.

Has Rick spent more than 2 minutes total with Lil' Asskicker yet?

I was thinking how Axel and Carol made a nice couple now that Darrell was gone and BLAM!, a bullet upside his head. Then 43 more bullets into his corpse and none of them hit Carol.

What was in the back of Glenn's truck? If you're going to be the leader, you should be there when the bad guys attack.

Did my man Carl shoot anybody?

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #17
pmyers

Quote:
We (and the Prison Folk) know that there is already a way into the prison that even a zombie can find. It's not surprising the Guv could find it.

(I suppose it SHOULD be surprising the Prison Folk can't find it, but they can be real idiots some times... )
My point is that wasn't that the same tower that Glen and Maggie got busy in, that is right out front but behind the 2 gates/fences? I was just really surprised to see somebody up there.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #18
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
...What was in the back of Glenn's truck?...
I had the same thought. Why would you keep supplies in the truck? Unless maybe they are "bug out" supplies.

Did anybody else get the feeling that even Daryl was sick of Merle?
Old 02-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #19
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

Quote:
Quote:
That looked like a female to me.
I agree that it looked like a female and she also had blonde hair sticking out of the back of her helmet. Hmmm.....
MK code 1762-3068-7645/ Carlos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
trnsfrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #20
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Did anybody else get the feeling that even Daryl was sick of Merle?
You mean other than his anger that Merle was not listening to his ideas, or his pointing the crossbow at Merles head or his deciding to go back to the prison and leave Merle behind if need be?
Old 02-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #21
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsfrguy View Post
I agree that it looked like a female and she also had blonde hair sticking out of the back of her helmet. Hmmm.....
Definitely a smallish person, although not especially feminine (hard to tell with the body armor, though). But if you're implying it could be Andrea, no way in hell! The Guv wouldn't let her go within a mile of the prison attack when he's trying so hard to convince her that Rick is the aggressor in their conflict. And of course she would never particiapte in such an attack.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #22
stellie93

I thought Daryl and Merle split up in the woods, but then they both showed up for the fight.

If they could just assassinate the Governor, I bet they wouldn't have to get rid of more than 1 or 2 others. The smart guy seems like he's decent. Then they could either all live there, or help each other out. If they could get the prison cleared out, it would be a good place for crops and livestock and they could mainly live in the town, which is nicer. Shouldn't be hard to kill the Governor--he always stands right out in the open.

I thought they threw Michonne out?

After all the stuff Maggie's been through, I'd expect her to get it together quicker. And the same for crazy Rick. Hope that's over. He thinks Laurie is trying to tell him something? She was worthless alive--why listen to her now.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #23
pmyers

I was kind of hoping to see the other group show back up but I guess Rick really scared the bejesus out of them!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #24
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
I was kind of hoping to see the other group show back up but I guess Rick really scared the bejesus out of them!
I'm not entirely clear...did they leave altogether, or are they just sticking to their wing of the prison?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #25
Vendikarr

Quote:
I'm not entirely clear...did they leave altogether, or are they just sticking to their wing of the prison?
I thought Michonne was hiding them in that bus, but I would have expected them to come out when all the shooting started.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #26
robojerk

Thoughts on the gun fight.

The Governor obviously wants Rick around for something, or the writers are lazy. The Guv's crew would have wiped out the majority of Rick's group if they had stayed only a couple of minutes longer. They had them pinned down, some unarmed or with little to no ammo left facing walkers zeroing in on their position.

Carl handled himself pretty well.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Speaking of continuity breaks - (NOT a spoiler but from sneak peek into next week's episode so I'll spoilerize for the purists of the pure)
Spoiler:
There was a short scene showing the Gov and he had the eye patch off, but the boo boo eye seemed to be the wrong one. oops!
He was looking in a mirror.
9300170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #28
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I believe we may be looking at a shot from the governor looking in the mirror so we are seeing an inverted image.

Quote:
I knew the Governor was going to attack, but didn't know he be lobbing in a zombie grenade/bomb. During this attack I expected Tyrese and his team to still be around in the area and take out a few guys earning the trust of Rick's group with them assisting in the counter-counter attack of Woodbury.

S2 526 HR - Lifetime
Premiere XL4 300 HR - Lifetime

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #29
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:

I noticed that too, but I think he has the same tattoo on both shoulder areas (mirror images).

No way the make-up people would screw that up, in scenes they likely shot the same day or two.

Or it was a camera inversion for some strange reason (I've seen this on that Nerd reality show -- the tattoos of some of the people frequently change sides in different shots).
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #30
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9300170 View Post
He was looking in a mirror.
I need to look again. D'oh! I could have sworn that he was not.