TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
Dr_Zoidberg

2/14 next round of upgrade offers?

It figures. I'm finally able to upgrade/replace my S2 with Lifetime with a Premiere, and there are no current upgrade specials. Any one have any idea when the next round of offers will come?

I do see that I'd get $100 off on Lifetime service, if I go that route. I'm just looking for more
Dr_Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Zoidberg View Post
It figures. I'm finally able to upgrade/replace my S2 with Lifetime with a Premiere, and there are no current upgrade specials. Any one have any idea when the next round of offers will come?

I do see that I'd get $100 off on Lifetime service, if I go that route. I'm just looking for more
I thought I recently saw something from Tivo where they were offering a refurb 2-channel Premeire 320GB for $0, so with your MSD lifetime that would be $399 for the upgrade. Check the website or call and ask.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
MPSAN

I was wondering about the deal TIVO sent me before the Super Bowl. It was $550 for a P4 with lifetime. I did not get it as they said it was $200 off. With my lifetime discount, it was a $100 discount.

Most say that there is always a deal on Mothers/Fathers Day...and most believe that there will be packages when the Mini is out! So, I am waiting.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
mattack

"there are no current upgrade specials" is pretty meaningless, because there really have only been like 2-3 specials EVER… e.g. transfer lifetime specials.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 PM   #5
Dr_Zoidberg

I was using TiVo's own choice of words. Until recently, I could log into tivo.com and when looking at my account, there used to be a link that said "view upgrade offers", which indicated a price savings on both the actual hardware, as well as the $100 discount on Lifetime for current customers (which still exists). I was hoping they'd at least extend that offer until Presidents' Day, but apparently not.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
Dr_Zoidberg

Today they're still doing the bundle with the MoCa and Tivo Stream for $699to existing members (Premiere 4 + lifetime) . I chose that option and then went into my cart and subtracted the Stream and MoCa adapter. The shopping cart showed a price of $574 on the Premiere 4 + Lifetime was down to $574, which was the discounted price if you bought all three components.

I was tempted to go through with the sale, but stopped myself. Is it ethical?
Old 03-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #7
Loach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Zoidberg View Post
Today they're still doing the bundle with the MoCa and Tivo Stream for $699to existing members (Premiere 4 + lifetime) . I chose that option and then went into my cart and subtracted the Stream and MoCa adapter. The shopping cart showed a price of $574 on the Premiere 4 + Lifetime was down to $574, which was the discounted price if you bought all three components.

I was tempted to go through with the sale, but stopped myself. Is it ethical?
I don't think this is unusual at all. I don't know how many times I've been at retail stores (like Kohl's for example) where they advertise bundled items like 2 for $20 and the regular price is $15. You go to the register with just one of those items and it usually rings up at $10 - meaning you really didn't need to purchase the "bundle" to get the discount.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think it's unethical to assume the seller knows how their sales system works. If they have a problem with it, they can always contact you and tell you their system is not operating as intended and cancel the order (I don't see this happening).
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #8
MPSAN

I agree that this deal is OK. When I subtract the Stream, etc. I, too, got $574. Still, it was $550 just before the SuperBowl. However, I would think that we should at least wait to see what happens when they can include the MINI. Some say that will be this week!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
Dan203
Super Moderator

The Mini is suppose to be released on Wednesday so you may want to hold off and see what kind of bundle deals they have then.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
Dr_Zoidberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
The Mini is suppose to be released on Wednesday so you may want to hold off and see what kind of bundle deals they have then.
Good point. I'll hold off, thanks!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #11
MPSAN

I got a notice from TIVO that the above bundle expires next Monday. I wonder if that means a new bundle with the Stream is due soon?