TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Joules1111
Not Drawful

American Horror Story - Entire Season - SPOILERS

I couldn't find a thread yet. I also wasn't sure if this is Season 2 or Season 1 (since they are marketing them as miniseries).

Is anyone else watching this? I love it, it is my guilty pleasure.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

I ABSOLUTELY loved it, although I am wondering how they're going to tie what's going on between Adam Levine and the past. It's got to be the creatures out in the yard, whatever they may be.

Is it me, or does this season seem to have a lot more story possibilities? Flashbacks, flash forwards, the monsignor, the nun, all the patients, whatever's going on outside... good stuff. There were a lot of great surprises here, this is going to be a tough one to avoid spoilers for. Alien abduction?

I've never been a fan of ghost stories, but last season hooked me pretty good. I love the asylum.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Joules1111
Not Drawful

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
I ABSOLUTELY loved it, although I am wondering how they're going to tie what's going on between Adam Levine and the past. It's got to be the creatures out in the yard, whatever they may be.

Is it me, or does this season seem to have a lot more story possibilities? Flashbacks, flash forwards, the monsignor, the nun, all the patients, whatever's going on outside... good stuff. There were a lot of great surprises here, this is going to be a tough one to avoid spoilers for. Alien abduction?

I've never been a fan of ghost stories, but last season hooked me pretty good. I love the asylum.

Greg
Yay, I am not alone. Last night I was in heaven - Criminal Minds followed by the new season of American Horror Story (and, yes, my husband is a bit worried about me).

I found the alien abduction angle very interesting. It appears that the person being tagged as "bloody face" either isn't the killer or doesn't remember?

The first episode seemed different than the last season as they threw a TON of characters and situations at you. Last season seemed to ease you into it. This season they seem to have the attitude that viewers know what to expect (weird gory weirdness) and now they can just bring it on.

And Adam Levine is dreamy.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joules1111 View Post
Even without the arm?

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
Old 10-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
Joules1111
Not Drawful

Quote:
Even without the arm?

Greg
Still dreamy - like a nightmare.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
TheMerk
Always Bid First

How long until the Catholic Church shoots down the FX satellite?

Weird, crazy, great episode.

/
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #7
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joules1111 View Post
Quote:
Even without the arm?

Greg
He seems to be single-handedly turning on all the women I work with. That's all I have heard about today is how hot he is!

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
2004raptor

Never saw S1. My wife has been constantly asking me to find a scary movie/show. We made it about 15 minutes or so before she'd had enough. Of course we were both tired so maybe she'll try and continue. I thought it was decent enough to watch.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I was totally creeped out by Pepper, the girl out front of the asylum.

She was played by Naomi Grossman:

Old 10-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #10
danterner
Not it!

Great start to the season. What a cast they've got lined up, too! Adam Levine was billed as a "guest star" - I hope he has a larger role than what we saw, but things don't look good for him. Maybe in flashbacks?

So I wonder if his "horror tour" took them to last season's house?
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #11
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

What a great twisted show! Jessica Lange completely blows me away. I'm not sure I've ever seen such a talented cast all crammed into one show before.

I'm very pleased with the handling of the New England accents. One of my pet peeves is actors who mangle the accent. Everyone did a pretty decent job.

I'm not sure how to handle casting spoilers with this show. Since actors from previous seasons won't be playing their old characters I suppose it's not a spoiler at all but I will tag it anyway.

Spoiler:

Old 10-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #12
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Damn! I hate it when they change the name of the show. TiVo didn't pick it up on last season's SP and I didn't realize it was starting. Plus, they're not replaying the first episode until AFTER next week's episode. Argh.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #13
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

My wife and I watched it. It seemed to be a bit much for her, though she liked last season. It was very intense. Much more intense than I remember last season being. I really enjoyed it, however. Seemed quite well written. Way to go, Tim Minear
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #14
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
They were going for the look of the "pinhead" girl in Tod Browning's Freaks film.

Yes it was freaky, but it did make me wonder. Is Jessica Lange punishing Pepper in a similar fashion to the way she's punishing Chloe Sevigny, by shaving her head around the bunch at the top of her head? She didn't seem too upset at her predicament.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
Old 10-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #15
2004raptor

My wife and I finished watching it last night. She held in there but it might be a tad too freaky for her.

Did I miss the part where they "captured" the reporter? I know they did but I don't recall actually seeing it?
Old 10-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #16
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
My wife and I finished watching it last night. She held in there but it might be a tad too freaky for her.

Did I miss the part where they "captured" the reporter? I know they did but I don't recall actually seeing it?
She got assaulted in some fashion. That's why she had a huge bump on her face when she woke up.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #17
2004raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
She got assaulted in some fashion. That's why she had a huge bump on her face when she woke up.
So they didn't show it? I'm just curious because we both looked at each other like when we saw her laying in the bed.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #18
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
So they didn't show it? I'm just curious because we both looked at each other like when we saw her laying in the bed.
It was right before a commercial break. They showed it in some fashion.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #19
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

Who is this Adam Levine so many people are mentioning. What character did he play?
Old 10-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #20
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post

She was played by Naomi Grossman:
Judging by the photos you supplied that's an award winning makeup job.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #21
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbobo View Post
Who is this Adam Levine so many people are mentioning. What character did he play?
He is the lead singer of Maroon 5, and a judge on The Voice. He played the present-day horny honeymooner.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #22
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
She stuck her face up to the door where Adam Levine got his arm ripped off. A giant hand came out and slammed her head against the door and knocked her out. After the break, she was "captured".
Old 10-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #23
Dignan
_

Quote:
They were going for the look of the "pinhead" girl in Tod Browning's Freaks film.

Yes it was freaky, but it did make me wonder. Is Jessica Lange punishing Pepper in a similar fashion to the way she's punishing Chloe Sevigny, by shaving her head around the bunch at the top of her head? She didn't seem too upset at her predicament.

Greg
I got the Freaks reference too, really creeped me out. I feel kind of slimy and drained after I watch shows from this series. The new title sequence had some really bizarre scenes/characters.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #24
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Damn! I hate it when they change the name of the show. TiVo didn't pick it up on last season's SP and I didn't realize it was starting. Plus, they're not replaying the first episode until AFTER next week's episode. Argh.
There was a lot of talk in TCF about this....if you had only been paying attention...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #25
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
There were a lot of extremely blatant homages to other movies-- so blatant that they took me out of the story for a minute. There was A Clockwork Orange moment when they had Bloody Face strapped to the examination table, and a Silence of the Lambs moment when the inmate threw the bodily fluids through the window on his door. Anybody notice any others?
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #26
dbranco

My TiVo recording cut off just at the point where Jessica Lange's character found the doctor disinfecting the walls of a cell, she thinks something's been living in the cell, and says, "I'll ferret it out [what you are hiding]" and he says "A ferret; I used to keep one as a pet... until it bit me."

Did I miss anything important?
dbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #27
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
There were a lot of extremely blatant homages to other movies-- so blatant that they took me out of the story for a minute.
When they pulled up to 1964 Briarcliff the music was one of the themes to the Carrie film by Pino Donaggio.
At first I thought it was Bernard Hermann and something from a Hitchcock movie.

I am really happy that they have approached this by totally starting over with a new story with the same cast. Pretty brilliant move and this story seems to have a lot more promise than dead former house tenants.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #28
sharkster

Question: I didn't end up seeing season one, but have since received the DVD set so I plan to watch it. Since it sounds like these are kind of separate, would you recommend that I do make sure to watch season one before I start on season two?

I have an SP for season two and S02E01 already recorded (last season I had some kind of glitch and got behind so I just quit), but I don't want to collect up the whole season on my Tivo before I can get a chance to get through all of season one.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #29
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

You'll be fine. It's like a repertory company. Common cast members in different roles with a different story.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
Old 10-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #30
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
Question: I didn't end up seeing season one, but have since received the DVD set so I plan to watch it. Since it sounds like these are kind of separate, would you recommend that I do make sure to watch season one before I start on season two?

I have an SP for season two and S02E01 already recorded (last season I had some kind of glitch and got behind so I just quit), but I don't want to collect up the whole season on my Tivo before I can get a chance to get through all of season one.
Go ahead and watch the current season. You can watch season 1 later.