TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
duncan7

On demand for Charter

So, even though the Charter/Tivo deal has been scuttled, or postponed, or whatever, can the rest of us get the software that allowed access to charter OnDemand content? Is there any technical reason (i.e., hardware required on Charter's end) that would be impossible to implement for existing Premieres?

[Let's ignore Charter's pervasive institutional cluelessness about TiVo, for the moment. They sent me a tech last week who had never seen a Tuning Adapter and didn't know what SDV is.]
duncan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
jrtroo
User

Ask Charter.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan7 View Post
So, even though the Charter/Tivo deal has been scuttled, or postponed, or whatever, can the rest of us get the software that allowed access to charter OnDemand content? Is there any technical reason (i.e., hardware required on Charter's end) that would be impossible to implement for existing Premieres?

[Let's ignore Charter's pervasive institutional cluelessness about TiVo, for the moment. They sent me a tech last week who had never seen a Tuning Adapter and didn't know what SDV is.]
if have to bug Charter just like I have to bug Cox to launch ondemand via tivo.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
duncan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Ask Charter.
Charter's rolled back their social media presence almost entirely. Is this not information that someone at TiVo would know? (I.e., did Charter develop the OnDemand functionality along the lines of the Netflix module and just send it to TiVo as a binary?)
duncan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan7 View Post
Charter's rolled back their social media presence almost entirely. Is this not information that someone at TiVo would know? (I.e., did Charter develop the OnDemand functionality along the lines of the Netflix module and just send it to TiVo as a binary?)
Tivo would have no idea what Charter's plans are. IT would have to come from Charter to get the codes right on the cable account.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote