TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
cathyy

Changing wireless router

I bought a new wireless router (Apple Time Capsule) to replace the Cisco one. I knew the dual band would help with our iPads' connections. But I am wholly unable to tell our Premiere XL4 that it needs to connect to a different network, never mind telling it the new password. We have gone through repeating the setup, but it never asks which network to join. I am sure this must be hidden someplace in the Tivo menu, I just can not find it. Until then I have the Cisco connected to the Time Capsule and everything functions, but does a 2 person household need 2 wireless networks?
cathyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
tivosupport_gen
TiVo Representative

cathyy, It sounds like you might be using a TiVo N adapter to connect to your Wireless Network.
If so please see these instructions:
You will need process a factory reset to the adapter. You can do this by pressing a paper clip into the hole in the bottom of the adapter until the power light turns from green to amber (orange). Then allow the power light to change back to green before tryint to launch the N adapter wizard, instructions to follw.

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...n%20adapter#A4

Thank you,
Gen

Last edited by tivosupport_gen : 02-07-2013 at 03:47 PM.
tivosupport_gen is offline   Reply With Quote