TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

BD Player With Instant Replay?

Last Black Friday I bought a bargain Sony BD player (BDP-S185). I hate it. I'm in the market for a new one.

One thing I'd really like is a control similar to TiVo's 8-second Instant Replay button to play the last bit over again. One press of one button -- elegant.

Trying to back up just a few seconds on a DVD or BD player has never been easy, but maybe I'm just not using the right brand/model.

Does anyone know of a BD player whose remote has the equivalent of TiVo's Instant Replay button?

I found a couple of threads on this forum about it and learned that some older Sony models had this but newer ones do not. One person noted that the mobile phone app for controlling Panasonic players had such a feature. This seems less than instant to me if you have to wake up the phone when the feature is needed.

Anyway, I'm looking for a BD player, current model, with the Instant Replay-like feature.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:44 AM   #2
ADent

My Sony BluRay has an instant replay - 10sec. It is a couple of years old.

Looks at Sony's site only the S790 mentions Instant Replay of the current models.
ADent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:54 AM   #3
Worf

yeah, it's one of those features that one you experience it, you wonder why everyone else doesn't add it - always useful during the "what did he just say?" type moments...
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
HerronScott

Yep, love having it on my old Sony BD player (BDP-S350).

Scott
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #5
mattack

While I admit I'm not likely to buy another BluRay player, since I haven't used my PS3 for BluRay *movie* usage yet (though I have bought a few movies when they get REALLY cheap and hope to watch some someday)…. one other feature I REALLY like on my XS32 is playing faster than realtime. (I can do it both with DVDs and with things recorded on its hard drive.)

I did see other DVD Players mention faster than realtime play for a while. Not many, but a few. Are there any BluRay players that let you play faster than realtime? 1.25 or 1.5x at least.. (I use this for commentary and other 'bonus features', or even the movie if it's a documentary.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote