TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
dhoward

MRV Help

I have just setup my new P4. I have 3 other Tivos on my network. A HD, S2DT, and a 2-tuner Premiere. Those 3 see each other in the now playing menu and can transfer videos between them. The P4 shows in each of their now playing list and they show in the P4's also. However, when I try to access any of them from the P4 to transfer from them I get an error message that there is a network problem and it cannot display any shows. When I access the P4 from any of the others the message says there are no shows. There is one in reality. It is the Tivo welcome video but the others do not see it. I have tried both wired and wireless. Hard and soft resets, multiple downloads from tivo all to no effect. I checked on My Account and they are all enabled for MRV. Can anyone help?
dhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
compnurd

When did you set it up? it usually takes a good 24 hours before everything is up and running on a new box
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
jmbach

Also, just to make sure, check to make sure the needed ports are open on your network.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
takeagabu

I would suggest doing the following (though I see you already have done some):

Rebooting the boxes
Rebooting router
Verifying media access key is the same on all devices
Disabling then enabling sharing on the devices (through tivo.com, then force connection on all)
Enabling network applications on the devices (then force connection on all)
Trying both wireless and wired connections

I had a problem where my XL4 showed up on my Tivo HD and I could transfer shows, but not the other way around. Turned out to be a problem with the router. Verizon replaced it, and now all is fine with me.
takeagabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
dhoward

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
When did you set it up? it usually takes a good 24 hours before everything is up and running on a new box
I activated the Tivo last night. So it has not been 24 hours yet.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
dhoward

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeagabu View Post
I would suggest doing the following (though I see you already have done some):

Rebooting the boxes
Rebooting router
Verifying media access key is the same on all devices
Disabling then enabling sharing on the devices (through tivo.com, then force connection on all)
Enabling network applications on the devices (then force connection on all)
Trying both wireless and wired connections

I had a problem where my XL4 showed up on my Tivo HD and I could transfer shows, but not the other way around. Turned out to be a problem with the router. Verizon replaced it, and now all is fine with me.
What do you mean by enabling network applications. If I can call Tivo home for downloads and access you tube, etc doesn't that mean they are active. I have already tried the other things.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #7
dhoward

One more thing I just noticed. The P2, on my network, is giving me an error SH06 that the P4 is not on the same account. When I log into my account it is showing as if it is on the same account. How can I verify this? The HD ans S2dt do not give this message.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
SugarBowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoward View Post
One more thing I just noticed. The P2, on my network, is giving me an error SH06 that the P4 is not on the same account. When I log into my account it is showing as if it is on the same account. How can I verify this? The HD ans S2dt do not give this message.
Do you personally own all of these TiVo's? Or are they rented from your cable company?
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #9
dhoward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBowl View Post
Do you personally own all of these TiVo's? Or are they rented from your cable company?
I own them. I am selling the HD if I ever get this to work.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
dhoward

Well, I think I may have got it working. I went back to my account, on Tivo, and changed the name of the DVR from media room to Premiere 4. Then I had the P4 make a connection again. I then went to both the P2 and HD and had them make a connection to Tivo Home. When they were both done I looked in their Now Playing List again. Media Room was still there but now they can both MRV with the P4 and visa versa with the P4. So, even though the name has not taken effect making a change must have done something to the account so they can all see each other. What a relief. I do not have a CC yet as I first wanted to be sure the P4 worked and I wanted to transfer my recorded shows from the HD to the P4 before the new owner comes for it. When that is done I am going to move the HD CC into the P4 and then have Comcast pair it.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #11
takeagabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoward View Post
What do you mean by enabling network applications. If I can call Tivo home for downloads and access you tube, etc doesn't that mean they are active. I have already tried the other things.
You have to go to the apps menu (not youtube and netflix, but the useless one like the games) and all the way at the bottom it says either enable network apps or disable network apps. I would definately go into the settings and verify that your MAKs are the same.
takeagabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #12
dhoward

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeagabu View Post
You have to go to the apps menu (not youtube and netflix, but the useless one like the games) and all the way at the bottom it says either enable network apps or disable network apps. I would definately go into the settings and verify that your MAKs are the same.
I had already verified the MAK's were the same. Like I said it is working now. I do not know if changing the name activated something or if it was coincidental. But it worked out thankfully. I am in the process of transferring my recorded shows and then I will swap the cable card and call Comcast.