TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
MPSAN

Does TIVO always have a Fathers Day PROMO?

Well, I guess I blew it by not taking advantage of the Premiere 4 + lifetime deal of $549.99. It seems, now, that it was not a bad deal.

I know that they have had good deals for Fathers Day in the past and wonder if anyone knows if we can expect the same or better in the future?

I have 3 THD's w/Lifetime but did not know that the Premiere STREAMS which would resolve all of my FiOS Copy bit issues! It makes MRV useless here.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Yes. They usually have deals for Mother's day too, which is sooner. Although it may not be as good as that one. You never really know sometimes they have great deals and other times they don't even discount them enough to compete with Amazon.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Yes. They usually have deals for Mother's day too, which is sooner. Although it may not be as good as that one. You never really know sometimes they have great deals and other times they don't even discount them enough to compete with Amazon.

Dan
Great. They say on our last Promo it was $200 off. However, we can get Lifetime for $399 and the Premiere 4 for $250 ($199 now) so I did not see that it was $200 off as it was $650 anytime, but $550 then.. so I figured it was only $100 off.

They should give us a Priemere 4 Bundle with the Mini when it comes out!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSAN View Post
They should give us a Premiere 4 Bundle with the Mini when it comes out!
I am betting you will see a Premiere 4/XL4 Bundle Promotion when the Mini comes out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:18 AM   #5
NotNowChief
Addicted to TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
I am betting you will see a Premiere 4/XL4 Bundle Promotion when the Mini comes out.
Let me know how you make out with that. Any day now we are going to get the "pushed back to Summer 2013" notification.
TiVo HDXL
TiVo HD
Retired: TiVo Series 2 ST, Philips Series 1 HDR212
NotNowChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNowChief View Post
Let me know how you make out with that. Any day now we are going to get the "pushed back to Summer 2013" notification.
OK we get it! You're upset about the Mini being delayed and the rumored pricing. No need to spam every thread that mentions it with you negative comments. Sheesh

Dan
Old 01-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
MPSAN

One other thing... I notice that they now have the XL4 for $150 more than the Premiere 4. This includes the Glo Remote. Not sure that matters. However, with 2TB drives now costing a little less than $109, it may be worth it to get the 2TB Tivo and be done with it. Still I could save the $150 and add a 2TB if I ever need it. I was planning on 2 Premiere 4 boxes.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #8
Dan203
Super Moderator

The Glo Remote is nicer. Plus you get a special THX video and a pair of blue filter glasses so you can calibrate your TV with the XL4.

Dan
Old 01-31-2013, 05:27 PM   #9
MPSAN

Quote:
The Glo Remote is nicer. Plus you get a special THX video and a pair of blue filter glasses so you can calibrate your TV with the XL4.

Dan
That will be good to know when the next deal comes up! I "could" get a 4 and an XL4 now, but I believe $600 for P4+$750 for XL4 with lifetime, now, should be better for Mothers and/or Fathers day at least! Having 3 THD's with Lifetime will qualify for $399 Lifetime on the 4 tuner Premiere 4's and who knows about the MINI?

Last edited by MPSAN : 01-31-2013 at 05:37 PM.
MPSAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:14 PM   #10
Davisadm
TiVo is Back!!!!!!!!

Quote:
OK we get it! You're upset about the Mini being delayed and the rumored pricing. No need to spam every thread that mentions it with you negative comments. Sheesh

Dan
Thank you, Dan! Glad I'm not the only one tired of the constant negative comments.
Davisadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #11
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSAN View Post
One other thing... I notice that they now have the XL4 for $150 more than the Premiere 4. This includes the Glo Remote. Not sure that matters. However, with 2TB drives now costing a little less than $109, it may be worth it to get the 2TB Tivo and be done with it. Still I could save the $150 and add a 2TB if I ever need it. I was planning on 2 Premiere 4 boxes.
I want software backup for any TiVo I own, so having a backup on the TP-4XL would still require another 2Tb drive, and the drive I purchased must have the same or more sectors then the TiVo original drive, know way to know in advance about that. I just went with the TP-4 and put the 500Gb on the shelf if I should ever need it again.
Somebody trying to make up a file for any TP software, too complicated for me at this point.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #12
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
I want software backup for any TiVo I own, so having a backup on the TP-4XL would still require another 2Tb drive, and the drive I purchased must have the same or more sectors then the TiVo original drive, know way to know in advance about that. I just went with the TP-4 and put the 500Gb on the shelf if I should ever need it again.
Somebody trying to make up a file for any TP software, too complicated for me at this point.
Well, that is a good point. I do have backups for all 3 of my THD's. I guess there is no compressed BU for a Premiere yet.

P.S. Where in CT are you? I am from Hartford.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #13
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:

Dan
This...what a jerk.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #14
palover

I missed the 'BigGame' $50 off special yesterday thanks to the site's insistence that I log in before completing the purchase (had an account but had never purchased anything) and the lack of a box for the coupon code. I guess I can also blame my procrastination for waiting until the last day.

I may buy a Premiere on Amazon or eBay to get a better price, but do they ever discount the lifetime subscription for a sale?
palover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #15
jrtroo
User

No. At least not in the way you are asking about.

There have been specials for re-upping a unit no longer in service, or putting lifetime on an older tivo with the purchase of a new box. But, there is never a "sale" on traditional lifetime service, those are on the boxes themselves (service subsidizes the cost of the box).
Old 02-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #16
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
No. At least not in the way you are asking about.

There have been specials for re-upping a unit no longer in service, or putting lifetime on an older tivo with the purchase of a new box. But, there is never a "sale" on traditional lifetime service, those are on the boxes themselves (service subsidizes the cost of the box).
Not exactly correct. There have been times in the past where they had $100 off discount codes that reduces the full price of lifetime ($499) down to $399 without having to qualify for Multi Service Discount (MRS). You can try the code PLSR and see if it still works.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio

Last edited by atmuscarella : 02-06-2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Fix code typo
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #17
palover

Quote:
You can try the code PSLR and see if it still works.
Thanks. I'll try that. Can't hurt.
palover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #18
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmuscarella View Post
Not exactly correct. There have been times in the past where they had $100 off discount codes that reduces the full price of lifetime ($499) down to $399 without having to qualify for Multi Service Discount (MRS). You can try the code PSLR and see if it still works.
A TiVo that had Lifetime, that was purchased using MSD, was moved to a new TiVo account, than the person wanted to add another TiVo some months later and was given the MSD price without using any codes.
Other can confirm if the MSD price is now available to anybody that has an active TiVo in their account.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #19
Loach

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmuscarella View Post
Not exactly correct. There have been times in the past where they had $100 off discount codes that reduces the full price of lifetime ($499) down to $399 without having to qualify for Multi Service Discount (MRS). You can try the code PSLR and see if it still works.
It worked for me last month. However:

1. the code is PLSR, not PSLR
2. It only worked for me because I bought the Tivo from a source other than tivo.com. As I recall, if you buy from tivo.com there's a "preactivation" screen where there is nowhere to enter the coupon code. But because I bought from another source (ebay seller yogicomp in my case) the activation process was different and the field to enter the coupon code was available.

Much of this is documented in the comments about this code at retailmenot.com
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #20
MPSAN

I did not do the $50 off as I had seen $100 off before. Also, some here seem to think the next round of discounts will be Mothers day and/or Fathers day. I have 3 THD's with Lifetime and Tivo said any Premiere I get can get $399 Lifetime. The $100 off the UNIT, however, was NOT for the XL4 but I am starting to see the value of upgrading myself to a 2TB drive. In that way, I will always have the spare. I believe that if I get an XL4 and the HDD in that goes, we can not then buy a 2TB drive as we will no longer have a drive to image from.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #21
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I'm still holding out for an offer to transfer lifetime from a Series 2 to Premiere, for a modest fee of course.

If it never happens, oh well. No skin off my teeth.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote