TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
MPSAN

I guess TIVO does not listen to its own Phone ads!

I was on hold yesterday as I wanted to ask Sales if I could get any deal on TWO Premiere 4 TIVO's with Lifetime. While on hold the constant promo's said to ask sales for an upgrade offer for current customers. When I talked to sales they wanted the usual $250 for each TIVO and $100 off each Lifetime sub. I said that that was no special offer and she agreed. I asked about the offer that was on when I was on hold and she said she knew nothing about it!

I did not take advantage of the $200 off offer that I was sent a while ago as it was just $100 off considering that I get $100 off Lifetime anyway. I had assumed that Mothers/Fathers day would be better. I hope I did not mess up!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

They don't do big discounts like that very often. That extra $100 off lifetime was actually a pretty good deal. I don't know what, if anything, they have planned for Mother's Day but you may end up regretting not taking them up on that offer when you had the chance.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
They don't do big discounts like that very often. That extra $100 off lifetime was actually a pretty good deal. I don't know what, if anything, they have planned for Mother's Day but you may end up regretting not taking them up on that offer when you had the chance.
Dan, the $100 off lifetime is not anything special as I have 3 THD's now with Lifetime and always get a $100 discount on lifetime. They did offer $550 for a Premiere 4 and Lifetime and said it was a $200 discount. It actually was NOT a $200 discount as Lifetime, for me, is discounted by $100 anyway. So, I guess I am hoping that a deal for a P4 with Lifetime will come up again for $550 or even less!

I guess I did not take advantage of the deal as I was not aware of the fact that P4 units STREAM! That will solve my copy issue I have now as Frontier FIOS puts Copy bits on almost every station. That makes the MRV useless! Am I correct that a pair or 3 P4's will solve this issue by streaming shows...like my old ReplayTV's did?
Old 02-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

Yes. You can stream between multiple Premiere units even if the shows are copy protected. Actually if you don't need that many tuners you might want to hold out for the TiVo Mini. It's a streaming only device that should be cheaper then a full blown TiVo.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
MPSAN

Quote:
Yes. You can stream between multiple Premiere units even if the shows are copy protected. Actually if you don't need that many tuners you might want to hold out for the TiVo Mini. It's a streaming only device that should be cheaper then a full blown TiVo.
Yes, I wanted 2 P4's and to replace my 3rd THD I can get the Mini. It will save me the M-Card fee as well! Perhaps there will be a P4/Mini Bundle when it comes out?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:20 AM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

It's almost guaranteed that there will be some sort of Premiere 4 and Mini bundle when the Mini is finally released. Especially if it's released with the requirement of being paired to a 4 tuner host.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
MPSAN

Quote:
It's almost guaranteed that there will be some sort of Premiere 4 and Mini bundle when the Mini is finally released. Especially if it's released with the requirement of being paired to a 4 tuner host.
My only concern would be how smart it is to get the first of anything...like version 1.0 of software?

Perhaps the combo deal will be the Mothers day deal if the Mini is even out by then!