TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #61
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Yeah, it's a soap, but at the same time, it doesn't seem as sappy and melodramatic as most soaps. Plus, there are a lot of things about this that still seem very realistic. I'm still enjoying it.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #62
DouglasPHill

Yes this is one of my favorites.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #63
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Julie Barnes and her addict mom are, thus far, the most compelling story.

Second most interesting might be whatshisface who ditched his band for a record deal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #64
nyny523
Oy

Love this show!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #65
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Plus, there are a lot of things about this that still seem very realistic. I'm still enjoying it.
One thing I thought unrealistic is Avery burning is master tapes. I am not involved in the recording industry, but I was under the impression that everything was being recorded digitally these days so that even if he deleted the master recordings there would have been digital backups. I guess having him be a computer hacker would be even more unrealistic.

Also, the whole thing with Lamar's heart attack didn't seem right. In the hospital, gets out of bed to yell at Watty, sedated, and then in for bypass? I will let those with a medical background opine if they care to.
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #66
Jon J
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosofy View Post
My god, this is a soap opera.
And you expected what?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #67
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosofy View Post
My god, this is a soap opera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon J View Post
And you expected what?
More singing?

Maybe we should say it is a soap operetta.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #68
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
One thing I thought unrealistic is Avery burning is master tapes. I am not involved in the recording industry, but I was under the impression that everything was being recorded digitally these days so that even if he deleted the master recordings there would have been digital backups. I guess having him be a computer hacker would be even more unrealistic.
You're right on this one. I said right away that they would have the ProTools files on the computer (and backed up to an offsite storage). The whole idea of having a single storage containing the masters was ridiculous.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #69
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Still watching and enjoying it.

I must say that I enjoy the portrayal of a sober companion on "Elementary" a LOT more than I do the one on this show!
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #70
bengalfreak

Evidently, the ratings for Nashville have taken somewhat of a plunge recently and while renewal is still predicted, it is no longer a shoe in. I would be bummed if it were cancelled.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #71
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfreak View Post
Evidently, the ratings for Nashville have taken somewhat of a plunge recently and while renewal is still predicted, it is no longer a shoe in. I would be bummed if it were cancelled.
TVByTheNumbers still shows it as "likely to be renewed," and a "renewal predicted" on their Bubble Watch chart.

Ratings for new episodes are still OK if not outstanding for ABC. The last new episode was April 11, and it got a 1.8/5 share, and the week before (April 4) was a 1.7/5 share.

The show doesn't repeat very well, which is somewhat to be expected.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #72
Langree
The Gimp

Ijust caught up with the episodes via Hulu, I hope it gets renewed. Enjoy it a lot.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #73
mwhip
All better

I still enjoy it and I still like Scarlett.

Now that they have brought in Luke from the OC will they turn him and Gunar into a "Brooks and Dunn"?

Of course like any soap this suffers from the inevitable "if people would just talk to each other" syndrome. But they did solve the Scarlett/Gunar problem with the contract, at least he realized he screwed up.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #74
mwhip
All better

Oh and Clare Bowen (Scarlett) posed for Allure "naked" recently. I will spoilerize in case you don't wanna look

Spoiler:

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #75
mooseAndSquirrel

I just wish there was more singing. "Fade Into You" is one of my favorite songs. And I guess Avery's solo at the Bluebird was ok, but it's mostly been snippets of pop country songs.
mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #76
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseAndSquirrel View Post
I just wish there was more singing. "Fade Into You" is one of my favorite songs. And I guess Avery's solo at the Bluebird was ok, but it's mostly been snippets of pop country songs.
I'm *glad* there's not more singing. The last thing I want is this show to turn into Glee or Smash, where songs are seemingly wedged in just to sell music tracks and/or albums. So far, this show has shown a remarkable amount of restraint, featuring singing more or less when it would occur naturally.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #77
brianric

Quote:
I'm *glad* there's not more singing. The last thing I want is this show to turn into Glee or Smash, where songs are seemingly wedged in just to sell music tracks and/or albums. So far, this show has shown a remarkable amount of restraint, featuring singing more or less when it would occur naturally.
I agree with you on that one. I'm not a fan of country music, but I can tolerate it on this show.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #78
janry

The producers have began warning residents in a Nashville neigborhood to expect some excitement next week in filming of the season finale.

The article might be considered a spoiler so be warned.

Spoiler:
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130426/NEWS01/304260102

Guess links don't work in spoilers so just copy and paste.
janry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:06 AM   #79
bengalfreak

At first I thought the musical numbers were amazing. But, it seems, they exhausted all of the good songs early on. The newest episodes have featured much less enjoyable music.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:36 AM   #80
mooseAndSquirrel

Quote:
How about something in the middle? Like 1 song in its (modern, 2 minute) entirity?

I think bengalfreak is right. They had a bank of 4 decent songs, and writing new ones is hard and expensive. They even had her kids sing a Lumineers song.

I've never seen Smash and gave up on Glee, but isn't Glee all somebody else's songs? Is there anything written for Glee that's original?
mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #81
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseAndSquirrel View Post
I've never seen Smash and gave up on Glee, but isn't Glee all somebody else's songs? Is there anything written for Glee that's original?
Occasionally. I think they've done like 5 or 6 originals over the entire run.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #82
TriBruin

Quote:
Occasionally. I think they've done like 5 or 6 originals over the entire run.
A couple of weeks ago they did two original songs (I heard they were songs submitted to the It Gets Better Project, but can't confirm that.) I wasn't impressed by either.

A few years they did 4 or 5 full new songs (two each at Regionals and two at Nationals, plus Mercedes did "Hell to the no.") plus some partial new songs.

For Nashville, no song, to me, has been as good as "Wrong Song" from earlier in the season.
TriBruin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #83
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBruin View Post
For Nashville, no song, to me, has been as good as "Wrong Song" from earlier in the season.
For me, my favorites have been Gunnar and Scarlet's songs, particularly "If I Didn't Know Better" (a Civil Wars song) and "When The Right One Comes Along" (a Striking Matches song). Yeah, neither were originals, but both were really good.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #84
Jon J
Curmudgeon

As janry pointed out earlier, a busy intersection in south Nashville will be closed from 5PM today until 5AM tomorrow for what the neighbors have been told will be a large explosion. Looks like the season will end with a bang.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #85
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon J View Post
As janry pointed out earlier, a busy intersection in south Nashville will be closed from 5PM today until 5AM tomorrow for what the neighbors have been told will be a large explosion. Looks like the season will end with a bang.

Some sort of plane crash, I presume?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #86
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Oh, yeah! One thing I meant to comment on that I forgot. The rendering that was being presented to Teddy in his office of "Subway Field," the new baseball stadium he wants to build? It was clearly a photoshopped picture/rendering of Miller Park in Milwaukee.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #87
Jon J
Curmudgeon

The Nashville Sounds are a Triple-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers. Probably easy to get permission to use the picture.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:21 AM   #88
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Do they really need to go THIS overboard in making Juliette this unlikable/un-redeemable?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #89
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Do they really need to go THIS overboard in making Juliette this unlikable/un-redeemable?
Don't you feel some compassion for her? (Getting screwed over by Dante. Rough growing up with an addicted parent.) Yes, at times she is pretty horrible also.

BTW - I am finally comfortable watching Hayden Panettiere as Juliette. For a bunch of the season I kept doing a double take and thought "What is Claire Bennet doing on the show."
Old 05-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #90
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

OK, the previews said that someone in the finale is "willing to kill". Are we taking bets?

I'm on Gay Cowboy (can't remember his name), or possibly Juliette's mom. My wife has her money on Peggy killing Rayna' dad. Basically, none of the main characters.