TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
Langree
The Gimp

Nashville - Annnyone still watching?

Getting caught up via Hulu this weekend. Really enjoying it, parts of the plot are quite contrived but still ok.

For me, the part I appreciate most is the use of good, well written music that draws on story telling, the way country music should. Sure it has some "poppy" modern country, but that's part of the story, the "old versus new" thing.

and I have a crush on Connie.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
jay_man2
jay_man-also

I'm watching and enjoy it a lot. Rayna's husband reminds me of another show, though. Wasn't he an investigator on Cold Case?

EDIT: Googled it - has was on Without a Trace.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
super dave
Upgrade Willy

He was on Without A Trace and a lot of other shows.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
hummingbird_206

I'm still watching and enjoy the show for the most part. I wish they'd drop Scarlett and Avery, can't stand either of the characters.

Not sure if this is meant to be a season discussion thread, so will hide this so as not to be spoilers in case this thread isn't meant to discuss such...

Spoiler:
So is Rayna's oldest daughter going to end up being Deacon's? Seems like they've implied so, but don't remember it actually being said.

Was glad to see Juliette being nice to her mom. Hope that doesn't backfire on her.

hummingbird_206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I I wish they'd drop Scarlett and Avery, can't stand either of the characters.
That storyline is disconnected from the main story lines. Just not feeling it either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
jeepair

No way, Scarlett is one of the reasons I'm still watching.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
WO312

Quote:
I'm still watching and enjoy the show for the most part. I wish they'd drop Scarlett and Avery, can't stand either of the characters.

Not sure if this is meant to be a season discussion thread, so will hide this so as not to be spoilers in case this thread isn't meant to discuss such...

Spoiler:
So is Rayna's oldest daughter going to end up being Deacon's? Seems like they've implied so, but don't remember it actually being said.

Was glad to see Juliette being nice to her mom. Hope that doesn't backfire on her.
Regarding the spoiler, although they haven't said it, it seems that is what they are implying.

And I don't see why that needs to be spoilered. It is just speculation on your part. Speculation happens all the time in these threads.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #8
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

We started watching over Christmas, and its at the top of our season pass list.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #9
Jonathan_S

Quote:

Spoiler:

First, I enjoy Scarlett, so I she doesn't get dropped (even if her bit is pretty disconnected from the main storylines).

Two
Spoiler:
I though it was pretty clear; Daddy threatened to tell Teddy, then did but Teddy already knew she was Reyna and Deacon's (and didn't care)

Old 01-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #10
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
First, I enjoy Scarlett, so I she doesn't get dropped (even if her bit is pretty disconnected from the main storylines).

Two
Spoiler:
I though it was pretty clear; Daddy threatened to tell Teddy, then did but Teddy already knew she was Reyna and Deacon's (and didn't care)
Spoiler - that is your assumption (and mine). They did not make it clear.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #11
warrenn

Still watching, but I hope they move away from the political plot. It feels like two different shows in one. I like the country music show, but I'm not so hot on the backstabbing political one. I was hoping Teddy would lose the election and that whole part of the show would just go away.
warrenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:01 AM   #12
bengalfreak

Good news, it seems the show is certain to be renewed if it hasn't been already.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #13
DouglasPHill

Watch it every week, its one of my favorites.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #14
Jon J
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasPHill View Post
Watch it every week, its one of my favorites.
Thank you. Now, why don't you come visit...and bring lots of money? We love having guests.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #15
mooseAndSquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepair View Post
No way, Scarlett is one of the reasons I'm still watching.
Best voice on the show.
mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #16
andyw715

Meh. To each their own. I find Scarlett's voice grating
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #17
nyny523
Oy

Quote:

Spoiler:

As for your spoiler, they made it crystal clear.

And I love this show!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #18
Doh

I'm not really watching anymore, but for a while I was watching but just FF'ing through the political stuff and the starlet-mom stuff (although the father-daughter stuff was ok, and I like hearing Scarlett sing). Basically the music is the best thing about the show.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #19
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Aside from Parenthood, it's my wife & I's favorite show to watch together (sadly, we don't have too many of those anymore - it's basically those two, Mad Men, and Smash).
Old 01-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #20
Sadara
huh?

Scarlett and Avery may be a little disconnected from the rest of the story lines...BUT... they are a very important part of what Nashville is all about. Nashville is a great city and there are a lot of people there trying to make it in country music, and a lot of those folks spend a lot of time playing the many bars and venues around the city trying their best to get noticed. For me, being a country music fan and loving the city of Nashville, I completely understand this aspect of the story line and enjoy it quite a bit. Whether one likes her voice or not.
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #21
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenn View Post
Still watching, but I hope they move away from the political plot. It feels like two different shows in one. I like the country music show, but I'm not so hot on the backstabbing political one. I was hoping Teddy would lose the election and that whole part of the show would just go away.
I don't think they will, daddy is going to keep trying to be the puppet master. This will continue to cause friction.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #22
DouglasPHill

Not related to anything here, just my prediction, Reyna is pushing hubby into arms of brunette and then Reyna gets to do Deacon. You saw it here first.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #23
Sadara
huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasPHill View Post
Not related to anything here, just my prediction, Reyna is pushing hubby into arms of brunette and then Reyna gets to do Deacon. You saw it here first.
I hope Deacon is over Reyna!
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #24
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadara View Post
I hope Deacon is over Reyna!
I don't think he is, after is big speech he takes the job to be around her 24/7. He's in a bad spot, I see him possibly belly flopping off the wagon while on tour.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #25
nyny523
Oy

Deacon is HAWT!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #26
jeepair

We never did follow up with who is the father of one of Reyna's children did we? Hope they don't forget about that story and I'm assuming we will eventually find out the father is Deacon and he doesn't know.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #27
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepair View Post
We never did follow up with who is the father of one of Reyna's children did we? Hope they don't forget about that story and I'm assuming we will eventually find out the father is Deacon and he doesn't know.
Spoiler:
We already know the father is Deacon. Deacon knows he is the father. Rayna and her husband both know. Rayna's father and sister both know. It is not a secret, it is not a surprise. The only one in the family that does NOT know are the kids, and they want to keep it that way.

Am I the only one paying attention???...

Old 01-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #28
jennifer

It's one of my must see shows. I love seeing the Nashville scenery. Then there's Deacon... adorbs He's been at the Grand Ole Opry a time or two since the show began.

A little fun fact, for me anyway - I was at a concert at the Ryman a few months ago and they stopped the show to film audience footage for the Nashville show. I was up front in the pit area so my arms and hands made it into the televised scene.
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #29
Jon J
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
...my arms and hands made it into the televised scene.
No full body shots, huh? Pity.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #30
jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon J View Post
No full body shots, huh? Pity.
I was the old woman at that concert. The cameras shy away lol
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote