TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
NickTheo

3 Different TiVo Premiere XLs Rebooting Repeatedly. Please Help.

Hello, I've been fighting this problem now for a very, very long time now and have had every tech that Time Warner can offer over my house multiple times with zero resolution to the problem. At this point they won't even come over my house without charging me for a support call.

Usually the issue goes away after a month or two but i just can't take this anymore.

My problem is this:

I have three Tivo Premiere XL boxes. All of them are using Cable Card M. Here is how my problem manifests itself:

The cable signal begins to pixelate and then overall the Tivo stops being responsive to all commands (or the commands get very delayed). The video will then become stuttery - indicating drop outs - but the audio will be fine. Then the box will invariably reboot and when it comes back to life the signal will be fine with no issues for between five minutes to an hour before it comes back again, forcing the TiVo to reboot once again.

This happens on ALL THREE TIVOS. They are each in different rooms with different lines run to them. I have had Time Warner here who claims that the signal level is perfect. They went to the pole and even replaced the line from the pole to my house.

Last time this occurred (today) I recorded the issue on my cell phone where I was able to get into the DVR diagnostics screen before my remote commands stopped being recognized. SNR was around 37db and signal strength was about 72 during the stuttering but it normally hovers around 92. Can anyone give me any insight?

I've run all the kickstarts and the smart tests and everything seems to be fine. Last time I had a Time Warner supervisor tech here he claimed I had three bad tivos, which i think is ridiculous since the three tivos are perfect but all seem to break at the same time, then the problem goes away on all three of them at the same time too.

I'm at my wits end. I want to keep my Tivos and hate time warner but i'm afraid i might have to get rid of all three of these (since AT&T - the only other cable provider in my area isn't TiVo compatible).

Please help!

And Thank you!!!
NickTheo is offline   Reply With Quote