TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #1
bearbig

It's doing it again!

Up early this am and was finishing up a DVD burn from my RCA 80 when the Tivo re booted.
Seems to be in a reboot loop. It's just starting #3. The second one got to 97% complete then anather boot.

Anyone else having this issue?
bearbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #2
bearbig

3 rd time is a charm. Seems to be working now.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
satpro

What time was the reboot, very troubling to think this is starting again,

This morning I had 2 timers set from 6-7am eastern, the first 3 minutes is missing from both recordings and I just checked my uptime and sure enough shows reboot around 5:57 am, before that I did not have a single reboot since they resolved the nationwide issue right before Thanksgiving.

We shall have to see if it happens again, before we start reporting it as a nationwide problem.

Last edited by satpro : 01-19-2013 at 09:33 PM.
satpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #4
NAJensen

Angry It's Doing it again and again and again!

My samsung 4080 has been rebooting occasionally since the november screwup. But over the last few days it has dramatically increased and is also just locking up as well. It seems sometimes about every 15 to 30 minutes today particularly. It has been primarily doing it just in the mornings but not today. They must be at it again!
NAJensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
bjbiffle

I am having a similar problem on 3 DTV Tivo's. After the problem was fixed a few weeks ago, I have continued to experience occasional reboots and freezing. Yesterday all 3 were frozen - 2 at the same time and one earlier in the day. I called DTV nd she was unaware of any problem going on now. She suggested might be the connections and that I try hooking up with red, yellow, white composite cables to see if that might be the problem and offered me a maintenance plan for a monthly fee or a reduced rate on a service call. I declined since I do not believe the problem could be with THREE machines and/or connections at the same time and must be something on there end.

I came away from the call feeling like there was no real solution other than to just put up with it, switch providers, or pay for a pointless service call/maintenance plan.

I hope if others are experiencing the problem that you will call. I fear that unless enough customers report the problem, they won't resolve it.
bjbiffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #6
bearbig

Mine was going on when I first posted yesterday. Booted 3X and has been fine since then. Knock on wood!
Old 01-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
nmiller855

Mine was working well after the fix & at some point I even got back the 2 missing local channels. I've been in & out a lot lately but noticed that every time I turn my TV on that the time us missing from the bottom right corner meaning there has been a reboot.
Last night I was trying to schedule a recording that was missed due to rain, as soon as I chose record this showing, my unit would reboot. It happened 3 times then I gave up. Just tried it again & the same thing happened.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
NAJensen

It started about 7am and continued rebooting about every 15 to 30 min till I left it unplugged about noon. Plugged it back in and the reboots stopped but it kept freezing instead. It started rebooting again about 7pm and continued until I finally gave up trying to watch a recorded show and just deleted it about 11pm. Put it in to stand by. It came up fine this morning and so far has behaved. Hope I haven't jinxed it.
NAJensen is offline   Reply With Quote