TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
hybucket

Season Pass on HDUI

Newbie to Premiere and HDUI here, with Season Pass query.
On the SDUI (well, on my TiVO HD, anyway), when you set up s season pass, there would be a screen to tell you if there were conflicts, and then tell you what wouldn't record and what would. On the HDUI on Premiere, it will tell you what conflicts there are that it will NOT record, but does NOT tell you when it record the program instead (assuming there are other showings). If you then go to the TO DO list, it will show when the program is being recorded, but am I missing something on why it doesn't show when without having to check the TO DO list? Is this a fluke in the operating system? Sorry if that sounds confusing, but it does make sense. And yes, I know if I don't like it, I can always use the SDUI.
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
tatergator1

I know what you're referencing. I guess when they re-did those menus for the HDUI, they removed that information. I see the reasoning for removing that info; it would be important to tell you when it WILL NOT record due to conflicts, but not so critical to tell you when it WILL record the show you requested. Telling you when it will record was just superfluous info on the conflicts screen in the SDUI.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
hybucket

I understand your point - however, if, for example, the program will not be recorded at a later time because of a conflict, you have no way of knowing without checking the TO DO list, as it only (seems) to be telling you when it won't record at the first time, not subsequent ones, if you follow me on that. Not a big issue, surely, I was just making sure that was the way it was supposed to be.
Also - the preview screen on TiVo Central is not...well, the only word I can think of is "smooth." When you click to go to the Now Playing or any other option, it cuts out for half-a-second or so. And some of the menus are slow to generate. Again, no biggie, but since they've been running the HDUI for awhile, you'd think they would have gotten out some of the bugs by now.
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
tatergator1

Yes, the HDUI is a bit sluggish at times and I know the hiccup with the preview window, it's just how it is I guess. Ideally, there would be a better processor to handle the HDUI better, but it's really not that bad, IMHO.

As for managing future conflicts, the SPM and To Do lists were just recently updated to HD and added some new features that should hopefully make conflict checks like you're talking about much quicker. See the following link here.

You can either sort the To Do list with the "c" button to get it to show conflicts only, or you can run through your SPM and look for (conflicts) towards the right side of the list.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote