TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
tomhorsley

Channel add/subtract from favorites

Comcast keeps adding random new channels from time to time. Mostly they are not valid for my account, but the TiVo always adds them to the channel list because they are new.

When I channel surf, I hit these new not available channels, and I'd like to remove them from the channel list.

There are a bunch of controls available from the popup menu you get when you hit "Info", but the only control I really want there is the one that says "remove this channel from my list", and that one isn't there :-(.

Instead I have to remember the channel number and go on a quest over the river and through the woods to get to the channel list and goto that channel number (if I can still remember what it was) to remove it from the list.

I can't think of any of the irritating features of the ToiVo UI that irritates me more than this one.
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
Arcady
Stargate Fan

If you are in the HD guide on a Premiere, scroll to the left until the channel number is highlighted. Hit info and you can delete the channel right there.

If you are still using the SDUI, or if you have a Series 3 or older, then a trip to settings is required.
Slingbox M1

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
jrtroo
User

I love this new feature. I use it all the time.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
tomhorsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
If you are in the HD guide on a Premiere, scroll to the left until the channel number is highlighted. Hit info and you can delete the channel right there.

If you are still using the SDUI, or if you have a Series 3 or older, then a trip to settings is required.
Never saw that (mostly because I hardly ever use the guide). It does sound faster than going through settings, but it would be even faster if I could get to it directly from just hitting "Info" rather than going through the guide first.
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Press Guide button, then Enter, scroll up 1 line and press the right arrow to FAVORITES.

Next, navigate to your the Channels list, and give each channels you want a .

Now, new channels being added will not show up unless you go to the channels list and give a .
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote