TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
The Walking Dead 2/10/13 The Suicide King

Interesting episode.

Sad that Daryl went with his brother and that Rick didn't find a way to kill him before that decision had to be made. I am hoping/thinking that Daryl will come back but who knows with this show.

Glen is awesome!!!!

Sad that Rick went crazy at the very end. I guess it's a stress thing.

I am betting those two guys in the new group do something to mess up the relationship maybe even causing Carl to shoot them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"

Last edited by betts4 : 02-11-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: change date on main thread title to get correct.
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
mwhip
All better

Yeah Rick going crazy at the end I think made the new guys want to get the hell out. Never follow a crazy man.

I really don't understand this whole concept of not wanting to band together. Shouldn't the goal be to make larger groups?

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
NatasNJ
Bone marrow lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
Yeah Rick going crazy at the end I think made the new guys want to get the hell out. Never follow a crazy man.

I really don't understand this whole concept of not wanting to band together. Shouldn't the goal be to make larger groups?
Rick sees any new people as a threat. He is thinking SHORT term and not thinking beyond what is right in front of his face. He is also going crazy.

I personally am not digging this Rick development. I want him to be the sane good guy who is smart. Right now he is going crazy and making stupid decisions. Not liking his arc right now. I hope he snaps out of it SOON! I think you bring in Merle & Daryl vs letting Daryl go. Just make Daryl control Merle. At least until the Governor is dealt with.
NatasNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I hope Andrea shoots the Governor in his other eye soon. Or maybe just thru the forehead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #5
BlueMerle
Domo Arigato

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
Rick sees any new people as a threat. He is thinking SHORT term and not thinking beyond what is right in front of his face. He is also going crazy.

I personally am not digging this Rick development. I want him to be the sane good guy who is smart. Right now he is going crazy and making stupid decisions. Not liking his arc right now. I hope he snaps out of it SOON! I think you bring in Merle & Daryl vs letting Daryl go. Just make Daryl control Merle. At least until the Governor is dealt with.
Pretty much all of this. I'm not really buying Ricks crazy bit... from a character pov that is. I think he'd be one of the last to crack.

And you definitely don't let Merle go even if it means bringing Daryl in. I just wonder how many episodes it will take before they're back in?

Short-cutting by looking for hot-button org names? Ho-hum....
BlueMerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMerle View Post
And you definitely don't let Merle go even if it means bringing Daryl in. I just wonder how many episodes it will take before they're back in?
You mean, don't let Daryl go even if it means bringing Merle in?

Bring Merle in, let him try something with Carol and Daryl will toss him out or shoot him.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
BlueMerle
Domo Arigato

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
You mean, don't let Daryl go even if it means bringing Merle in?

Bring Merle in, let him try something with Carol and Daryl will toss him out or shoot him.
Yeah... I got it backwards. Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out though.

Short-cutting by looking for hot-button org names? Ho-hum....
BlueMerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #8
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I hope Andrea shoots the Governor in his other eye soon. Or maybe just thru the forehead.
The Governor essentially told Andrea that she was just a "booty-call". She, Maggie and Michonne should gang-whoop the Gov to death like the ladies did to Kurt Russell in "Death Proof". Then, Andrea can run the town.

The writers for Michonne need to be replaced. I'm tired of just scowls.

Rick looked at his azz-kicker like "Am I really the Baby-Daddy?"
Old 02-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #9
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
...I personally am not digging this Rick development. I want him to be the sane good guy who is smart. Right now he is going crazy and making stupid decisions. Not liking his arc right now. I hope he snaps out of it SOON!....
This....a hundred times. If they maintain this arc, I'll seriously considering stockpiling this show rather than it being on my first-to-watch list after recording. I HATE crazy Rick....here we thought we got rid of Lori and now she's re-appearing in his hallucinations. Are they TOYING WITH US?!?!?!?!
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #10
robojerk

I think Rick's going crazy arc is temporary, and will allow or force someone else to step up and play the leader. Then when Rick gets his **** together, he'll realize he doesn't need to put everything on his shoulders and there are others he can trust to keep the group alive.

Darryl would have been the obvious choice stepping in Rick's shoes, but him leaving with Merle puts him out of contention. Glen, or the new guy Tyreese will step up. I would throw Herschel's name in there but he's like the new and improved Dale, and not a fighter but tries to keep the groups morale compass pointing north (with a lot less complaining than Dale).

Darryl will probably realize that he and Merle are incompatible as survivors. His time with Rick + gang has made him sympathetic to others while Merle is the polar opposite.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #11
Vendikarr

I would have liked to see Alan and Ben try and take away Carl's gun. Do they forget that this kid kept his head and rescued them from a walker infested prison?

Tyreese would have been digging three graves.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #12
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendikarr View Post
I would have liked to see Alan and Ben try and take away Carl's gun. Do they forget that this kid kept his head and rescued them from a walker infested prison?
Yeah, I was thinking it would have been fun watching the "kid and the old lady" dismantle them.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #13
stellie93

I don't remember what Michonne did that was so bad that they're getting rid of her. She's a pretty good fighter too--better hang onto her until the war is over.

The governor may have a town full of people, but it seems like a lot of them are stupid wusses. How many actual fighters does he have? We've seen probably a dozen?
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I don't remember what Michonne did that was so bad that they're getting rid of her.
She disappeared when they were on the mission and reappeared after they were out but had lost two people from their team. It was clear she had another agenda, not just helping them rescue Maggie and Glenn, so Rick was pissed at being misled and believes they can't trust her.

I have mixed feelings about this episode. There were some good moments (the rescue, Glenn and Rick fighting) but there were a lot of meh to bad moments, like Andrea acting like a wounded puppy telling the Gov not to shut her out and Andrea staying in Woodbury and Rick having hallucinations. I hope both of those (Andrea's love for the Gov/Woodbury & Rick's mental breakdown) end soon.

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #15
robojerk

As a person, Michonne is practically a mute, and she couldn't even tell Andrea why the Gov is such a bad person when she had the chance. She brings nothing to Rick's group other than her staying alive abilities, however she bailed on them after promising to help them so she is useless to them. Rick's group had two deaths in that rescue, and Michonne proved to Rick she is not trustworthy.

Andrea is a fool to think her future in Woodbury is safe. The gov proved to be a liar to her, and the security (gun men) of the town are completely under his thumb. She's proven to be an idiot time and time again.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #16
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMerle View Post
Pretty much all of this. I'm not really buying Ricks crazy bit... from a character pov that is. I think he'd be one of the last to crack.
That's interesting. I commented earlier in the year that it was clear that Rick was now going crazy, and I was a bit disappointed that they'd basically transplanted the story idea of "the leader goes crazy" from Shane to Rick.

They made it obvious as all get out in this episode but all the clues to Ricks loss of sanity have been coming since season 2.

It may have been more obvious to someone like myself who had never seen the show before, though, and thus sat down and watched Season 1 and Season 2 in back to back episodes running up to Season 3. The changes in Rick were quite apparent when you watch them all at once like that.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #17
pmyers

I haven't read the comics and was excited over all the hoopla of the amazing badass Michone character coming....and this is what we get? yawn!

I disagree about letting Merle in. Look at the trouble he caused just while they were escaping in the woods. Besides...that would be a hug betrayel to Glen and Maggie being that Merle was directly involved.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #18
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
That's interesting. I commented earlier in the year that it was clear that Rick was now going crazy, and I was a bit disappointed that they'd basically transplanted the story idea of "the leader goes crazy" from Shane to Rick.
I don't think Shane ever went crazy. He was just not a good person, in not a good situation, and it allowed his bad qualities to emerge.

But yes, Rick's fall off Mount Sanity has been a long time coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I haven't read the comics and was excited over all the hoopla of the amazing badass Michone character coming....and this is what we get? yawn!
I have read the comics, and I agree on both counts. Huge anticipation, huge yawn.

Doubly disappointed because the actor is/was local, and was interviewed on local TV before she appeared on the show. She was very bright and articulate.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #19
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Rick is definitely suffering a form of post traumatic stress syndrome. Who wouldn't? Killing countless of walkers. Even his best friend/partner. Not surprised.

Also liked Andrea's First Lady speech. She with the Gov for the long haul it seems.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #20
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

couple problems with this episode.

1. give merlin his own cell block as a stop gap.

2. the gov behaving so comfortably after being STABBED IN THE EYE. I don't know about you - but I scratched my cornea once and I could barely function for like a week.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #21
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
2. the gov behaving so comfortably after being STABBED IN THE EYE. I don't know about you - but I scratched my cornea once and I could barely function for like a week.
That's why he's THE GOVERNOR and you're only you.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #22
Beryl

http://www.hulu.com/watch/454248?utm..._term=10947797
Old 02-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #23
Billyh1026
Randal Graves

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Completely agree. Add that she's a bad actor. It's probably just me, but she just looks so stupid when she does that whole "I'm a badass" scowl. I hope she falls off a cliff into a 100 fenced in walkers and suffers a slow flesh eating demise.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #24
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I don't think Shane ever went crazy. He was just not a good person, in not a good situation, and it allowed his bad qualities to emerge.
Shane's descent takes a different arc, admittedly, but I don't think he was rational for at least half of last year. His "bad qualities" were there all along, but he changed after killing Otis, and while he didn't get to hallucination insane, I think he was certifiable in a completely different way. When killing your best friend makes sense to you as the best possible plan, you've lost reality.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:55 AM   #25
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyh1026 View Post
Completely agree. Add that she's a bad actor. It's probably just me, but she just looks so stupid when she does that whole "I'm a badass" scowl. I hope she falls off a cliff into a 100 fenced in walkers and suffers a slow flesh eating demise.
Yeah, it is just you, IMO.

She has bad (too few) lines and working with a poor script. She needs the quality of lines as in the comic book, As a screenwriter, maybe she should write her own lines.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #26
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
When killing your best friend makes sense to you as the best possible plan, you've lost reality.
Of course, that's the decision he made at the zombie outbreak. He's always been that guy.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #27
fmowry

Time for Carl to kill Rick.

And I'm bothered by the ease at which Herschel gets up and down and moves around in general. He stands up like a two legged guy.

Some good zombie killing this episode. But zombie Hines Ward had too small of a part.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #28
NJChris
Moogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
Time for Carl to kill Rick.

And I'm bothered by the ease at which Herschel gets up and down and moves around in general. He stands up like a two legged guy.

Some good zombie killing this episode. But zombie Hines Ward had too small of a part.
Then Penny was drunk the whole episode.....

NJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #29
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
...I'm bothered by the ease at which Herschel gets up and down and moves around in general. He stands up like a two legged guy.....
That's because he IS a two-legged guy getting around and only looks like a 1-1/2 legged guy because of teevee magic...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #30
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
That's because he IS a two-legged guy getting around and only looks like a 1-1/2 legged guy because of teevee magic...
He is also an actor. Act like you have one leg!
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote