TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
tlc3

Telus Tv and TiVo - not changing channels

We have Telus TV and have set up our TiVo. The outstanding issue is not having the TiVO be able to change the channels. I've tried guided set up about 6 times and still no luck.
Any last ditch efforts I should make?
tlc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
RonDawg

What specific issue are you having? Are you unable to find the proper channel changing code? If so, what brand and model number of cable box are you using? Someone here might know the specific code.

Or, is the issue that Telus is not coming up as a recognized TV provider? From their website, it sounds like Telus (being a telephone company) is sending TV programming via high speed telephone lines, along the lines of Verizon FiOS or AT&T U-verse.
RonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

To change the channels, you need to glug the IR emitter into the back of the TiVo where it says "IR" and position the other end in front of the IR receiver on the set top box.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
tlc3

We have the IR Emitter set up.
We have gone thru the guided setup and the problem is when the Tivo gets to the changing channels "test." It seems like it can't recognize how our cable box changes channels.
We have a Scientific Atlanta IPN330HD.
tlc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:30 PM   #5
WKS

We have also tried the guided set up several times and get stuck at the "test" part. No code seems to work! My husband is about to lose his mind and no one at Tivo seems to be able to help us. We are using the Scientific Atlanta box listed above.
Help!!!!!!
WKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:50 AM   #6
LADYBUGBLUE2002

I had a similar problem with my Shaw box...you need to look really closely to the box and find where the ir bulb on the box is and I had to tape down the wires so it wouldn't move.

I had a box in the U.S. Directv that wasn't nearly so sensitive, but the shaw box was. Once I got the wires in place and didn't move them it was okay. So look carefully and tape them on during the set up as this might help.
LADYBUGBLUE2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
pogostickcowboy

No IR

Telus tells me the Cis330 (SA330) and Cis430 (SA430) do not have standard IR readers..so the IR blasters won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKS View Post
We have also tried the guided set up several times and get stuck at the "test" part. No code seems to work! My husband is about to lose his mind and no one at Tivo seems to be able to help us. We are using the Scientific Atlanta box listed above.
Help!!!!!!

pogostickcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
Arcady
Stargate Fan

You have just responded to a four year old post.
Slingbox M1

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote