Old 03-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #61
morac
Cat God

Ack spoiler!
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #62
Big Deficit
Happy now?

The all too typical cheezy hacker stuff really turns me off. When will we get beyond the hacking is mashing keys as fast as possible, code is nothing more that screens full of random numbers that are instantly recognizable and contain incredible detail to those "who know" and that somehow, just wearing VR glasses makes the impossible possible?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #63
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deficit View Post
The all too typical cheezy hacker stuff really turns me off. When will we get beyond the hacking is mashing keys as fast as possible, code is nothing more that screens full of random numbers that are instantly recognizable and contain incredible detail to those "who know" and that somehow, just wearing VR glasses makes the impossible possible?
That will NEVER happen
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #64
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyh1026 View Post
Ok, I have a question for anyone that has the answer. I just watched "Playtime" and Alec was trying to figure out a password to reboot Kiera's CMR. When he's starting to guess the password he says something like "I should know what it is. I built it."

Question is...when did he find out that he designed her CMR in the future? Or, was that some sort of mess up by the writers? I missed something somehow...
That was established on the very first episode. As soon as she appeared in the present, she was on-line with his experimental system, so he knew that what he was working on was compatable with her suit. When he told her his name, she made sme kind of comment about his company having manufactured the tech she was using.

In the beginning of the first epside, just as they all are slipped backward in time, the kid, an old man now (the Smoking Man from the X-Files, Wm. Davis), has a funny smile on his face, like he expectd it to happen because he remembered her from when he was younger. That's merely speculation. He DID have a smile though...

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #65
Craigbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyh1026 View Post
Ok, I have a question for anyone that has the answer. I just watched "Playtime" and Alec was trying to figure out a password to reboot Kiera's CMR. When he's starting to guess the password he says something like "I should know what it is. I built it."

Question is...when did he find out that he designed her CMR in the future? Or, was that some sort of mess up by the writers? I missed something somehow...
You did miss something. Kira told him to put himself in the place of the guy who would have created it. When he was working on the suit he said "If I were a password where would I hide" then he thought and said "I should know I built it"

Typed in a password and the suit's file system opened up.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #66
philw1776

Monday I'll be 3 episodes behind. Is the show getting any better? I did love watching our feisty heroine in her suit but the plot line had lost my interest 3 episodes ago. At least I watched enough to learn that Canadians absolutely cannot hit anything with a handgun.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #67
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I thinks it's beginning to hit its stride (although Carlos is a bit draining). The last ep I thought was better.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #68
robojerk

I started this show thinking I would lose interest. Some episodes are better than others, but I think it's better than NBC's Revolution.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #69
mrmega

I have watched all the episodes so far and I do think it's getting better at making me glad I am a viewer. It isn't the greatest sci-fi show ever or anything but I still enjoy it. Sure, some of it is not that plausible but the show is entertaining IMO.

It is taking on a different tone and a different story direction in some ways than in the beginning. I was a little hesitant at first and I am glad I stuck with it. The flashbacks of Kira's past are helping to define her character and make more sense of some her motivations.

Bottom line? I do look forward to each episode. I would give it about a 7 out of 10
mrmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:10 AM   #70
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmega View Post
...It isn't the greatest sci-fi show ever or anything but I still enjoy it. Sure, some of it is not that plausible but the show is entertaining IMO...
Nail on the head...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #71
pteronaut
Registered Snoozer

Playtime: How in the @#$% are the CPS officers not being hacked in 2077, if Alex had to write a stronger firewall after Kiera was hacked using relatively primitive tech? I know that they had to get some specific data via the VR system, but this is (or was) 2012 tech, I'm sure that 2077 tech could have been able to access the implants much easier.

Family Time: For a moment, I thought that the propane tank blast was going to be a ruse to remove the advantage of the suit again. I got a Sixth Season Buffy & Spike vibe from Kiera & Kellog.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #72
Hcour

Watched the first ep. Thought it was terrible. And it looked like it was shot on a budget of about $4.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #73
Craigbob

Watched the latest episode and I have come to a conclusion I've actually been thinking this since the episode with the Riot.

I have not read anything about the show nor do I know any spoilers. But my thought is:

Spoiler:
Julian is Edward Kagame.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #74
MikeCC
TiVotee

So it's your thought, 65 years later, it is
Spoiler:
step brother against step brother...? Interesting. But I don't know if Kagame is old enough to be Julian 65 years later. Julian has to be in his twenties. Kagame doesn't look to be in his eighties.

MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #75
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

It ran on Space channel last summer in Canada. Seen it already
Tivo (S2-retired, 500gb HD, 2 units)
TivoHD (2tb HD, chip mod, 2 units)
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Tivo Premiere4 (2tb (JMFS) HD)
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #76
pteronaut
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigbob View Post
Watched the latest episode and I have come to a conclusion I've actually been thinking this since the episode with the Riot.

I have not read anything about the show nor do I know any spoilers. But my thought is:

Spoiler:
Julian is Edward Kagame.
I originally thought so, but didn't Kellog hold one of Kagame's previous of kin hostage in an earlier episode?
Old 03-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #77
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

Yes. Pregnant lady in the "kill the CPS's Grandma" was pregnant with Kagame, and called out as such at the end of the episode.

--Carlos V.
Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #78
BlueMerle
Domo Arigato

Like many others I was left with a 'meh' after the pilot ep. Far too many procedural errors by the VPD to make it even close to believable.

But, SyFy recently ran a marathon of season 1 and I watched the whole thing. There's some really interesting story lines here and the tech is cool. Still, you have to be willing to believe that the VPD is the most poorly trained and stupidest PD in N. America to buy their actions - or lack thereof.

Spoiler:
I won't even begin to discuss how a few armed people managed to assault a frickin' police station and free one prisoner. Oy!

I also like the flashback scenes to the future and how they tie into what's happening in the current timeline.

Overall I give it a C+, primarily due to the glaring police procedural errors that are hard to get past. Were it not for that I'd give it a solid B+... maybe even an A.

Short-cutting by looking for hot-button org names? Ho-hum....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BlueMerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #79
philw1776

I deal with it by rationalizing that Canadians don't know how to use guns
Old 03-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #80
MikeCC
TiVotee

Regarding yesterday's finale, I gotta admit I was wondering if the actor Ian Tracy would ever pop in and make an appearance in this series: Ian has to be one of the hardest working actors in Canada. Or at least he appears so to me, because I see him in most of the Canadian series I watch.

I assume, however, that this season finale is likely the last we will see of him. Looks like Kira decided he was pretty much a nut.... with a tinfoil hat, too!
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #81
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

I feel like I'm still waiting for the hook...and did they say that next week is the season finale? Hubby seems to like it though.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #82
trainman
Nice to see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee 2.0 View Post
I feel like I'm still waiting for the hook...and did they say that next week is the season finale? Hubby seems to like it though.
No, "End Times," the episode that aired Monday night (March 18), was the season finale.

The second season begins airing in Canada next month (April 21), and presumably on Syfy in January 2014 (although I don't think they've officially announced that they're picking it up).
Old 03-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #83
BlueMerle
Domo Arigato

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
I deal with it by rationalizing that Canadians don't know how to use guns
If it were set in Canada's version of Mayberry RFD, I could do the same. But it's Vancouver for goodness sake.

Short-cutting by looking for hot-button org names? Ho-hum....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BlueMerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #84
pteronaut
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
No, "End Times," the episode that aired Monday night (March 18), was the season finale.

The second season begins airing in Canada next month (April 21), and presumably on Syfy in January 2014 (although I don't think they've officially announced that they're picking it up).
With Syfy airing a Rachel Nichols as Kiera station ident at the end of the finale, I'm guessing that they have picked it up and will be running the second season sooner than January, probably in the fall.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #85
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteronaut View Post
With Syfy airing a Rachel Nichols as Kiera station ident at the end of the finale, I'm guessing that they have picked it up and will be running the second season sooner than January, probably in the fall.
There was an announcement during the credits that said new episodes are "coming soon", whatever "soon" means.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #86
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
There was an announcement during the credits that said new episodes are "coming soon", whatever "soon" means.
Word up is sometime soon before 2076 or so
Old 03-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #87
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
Word up is sometime soon before 2076 or so
Guess I'll need my tinfoil hat
Spoiler:
time machine
then.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #88
garys67
Lawn Darts Champion

Very odd. My 16 yr-old uber-geek daughter didn't like it at all. My 9 yr-old ballerina daughter with absolutely no interest in anything Sci-Fi (or Syfy), loved it and hasn't missed an episode.

And I dig me some Rachel Nichols, and we all know that it's not easy bein' green...

garys67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #89
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Here's a very brief review (in the form of a Season 2 announcement) of Continuum, with which I largely agree. "Continuum, on paper, either shouldn’t work or be disposable popcorn...Instead, it consistently unpacks and plays with its premise in ways few, if any, other genre shows have been brave enough to do."
Old 03-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #90
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
Is it really too much to hope that "soon" might mean, roughly in sync with the Canadian airing?

I love this show, and I'm eager for it to continue.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote