TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-31-2014, 05:00 PM   #1
Romasurus

Not able to view the 3 BBC channels

Located in the Milwaukee WI area
Have new ROAMIO installed the cable card and the required card card tuning adapter. Inztallation appeared to go just fine. Last night I had Dr. WHO scheduled to record. Just happened to check on the show about 15 min into it and foud a black screen with a notice that the channel is not authorized by my provider ((V58) i assume this is an error code).. I checked the other 2 BBC channels and they have the same picture and error.
I also have a TIVO Premier on the same cable and the PREMIER is functioning properly the BBC channels are all available on the. Premier ( No Problem with the premier )
TW suggested that I exchange the tuning adapter. Which I did. More calls to support and mor testing and no different resuts. Still no BBC channels.
TW Tech support is at a loss. Matter has been escellated to the next level. Unfortunately, next level wont be around until Tuesday.
very strange.
Romasurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:16 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

It sounds like your cable card was not properly paired. What does the cable card screen say? for VAL? Auth?
Did you run Guided setup again after the card was installed/paired?
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
Romasurus

Problem Solved

I was getting frustrated with the lack of the channels. Sunday, the tech told me he would be escalating the problem and have the system reset, whatever that means.
Today, I called TIVO and asked if they had any idea what is going on or if this is an uncommon occurrence. No help from TIVO, they said it was a problem with T/W.

I had no idea if the reset from the escalation had taken place but the channels were still missing. So out of frustration I called T/W Cable Card support in hopes of finding out if the escalated rest had taken place.

Things didn’t go to well at first. I made contact in about 5 minutes and while the Tech was looking over the note, I was disconnected.

Somehow I managed to get my best PEOPLE PERSON attitude in place and I redialed.

Another short wait and I was connected. I explained the situation again and also that I had been disconnected. As always the Tech was very pleasant and sounded like he wanted to help. He said let me take a look at this for you. A moment of him humming some song and then he gives me a giggle and says, “Oh. I see what’s going on.” then he makes an adjustment and a few seconds later all of the channels are up and running. “ Some of the channels were turned off, this should have been resolved earlier.” I get a genuine apology and have a nice day.

Now I have to find out how to contact T/W to praise the Tech that helped me.

All is OK now.
Romasurus is offline   Reply With Quote