TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #61
replaytv
I <3 Wintergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcotter View Post
If I buy an S2 or S3 off Craigslist, do you think I could qualify for the offer? I'm thinking about the S2 offer in particular for $400. Is it for all S2 owners or is it targetted? Thanks.
They wouldn't do it for me. I have a basement full of TiVos and they wouldn't do it even for the Toshibas and Pioneers that have 3 day lifetime. You would think they would like to get $99 from me rather than nothing, as I don't ever plan on paying $399 for lifetime for them or paying the monthly fee.

The way I understand it, if you have a TiVo that you threaten to cancel service, that is when they usually offer lifetime for $99. And also sometimes they will send you a email if you have one registered on your account without lifetime and you are paying a monthly fee.
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #62
jmace57
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah30k View Post
As soon as I jump on this they will release the 6-tuner one
Please go ahead and jump then!
140 Hour TiVo SA Series 2
DirecTV HR24
jmace57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #63
HerronScott

I have 2 S3 OLED's with lifetime and have not seen the offer either.

Scott
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #64
alluu

Not to sidetrack the discussion but how does TiVo ship orders? Do they double box the TiVo? Hate to have it sit out on my porch for some time as I'm at out of town for the next couple of weeks but don't want to miss out on this upgrade offer.
alluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #65
antalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alluu View Post
Not to sidetrack the discussion but how does TiVo ship orders? Do they double box the TiVo? Hate to have it sit out on my porch for some time as I'm at out of town for the next couple of weeks but don't want to miss out on this upgrade offer.
You get tracking info, so you'll know what day it's going to get there and get somebody to pick it up from your house, or you can contact UPS and get a delayed delivery. No problemo Mr.
antalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #66
MsUnderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcotter View Post
If I buy an S2 or S3 off Craigslist, do you think I could qualify for the offer? I'm thinking about the S2 offer in particular for $400. Is it for all S2 owners or is it targetted? Thanks.
On my TIVO today was an ad to go to http://www.tivo.com/save200 to get the offer by entering in the TCN(?) number (15 digit serial code) for the tivo and you could get the offer.

This link goes to the $549 for permeire 4 with lifetime and includes keeping lifetime on the other machine. My theory is that you need to have an s3 with lifetime but cant be sure at this point
MsUnderstood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #67
alluu

Quote:
Originally Posted by antalo View Post
You get tracking info, so you'll know what day it's going to get there and get somebody to pick it up from your house, or you can contact UPS and get a delayed delivery. No problemo Mr.
Unfortunately UPS is just not very good in my neighborhood. Example a couple weeks ago, asked them to hold a package and they still delivered it. It was Onkyo receiver that left outside in the rain. It basically rained for 3 straight days here while I was out of town. Amazon took care of everything reshipping the receiver double boxed and by FedEx and FedEx delivered to one of their stores a couple blocks from my home.
alluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #68
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsUnderstood View Post
This link goes to the $549 for permeire 4 with lifetime and includes keeping lifetime on the other machine. My theory is that you need to have an s3 with lifetime but cant be sure at this point
Yeah, that's the offer I got and I have a TivoHD with lifetime.

I figure I would have received the other offer if I were on a monthly sub.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #69
ah30k

I have an S3 with lifetime and got the $549.99 for P4 with PLS.

No mention about giving up anything on my existing S3
ah30k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #70
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah30k View Post
I have an S3 with lifetime and got the $549.99 for P4 with PLS.

No mention about giving up anything on my existing S3
You don't give up anything on your Series 3, the offer, as I understand it, is people that have one or more active Series 3(s), and do not have a TP of any kind in their TiVo account.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #71
ah30k

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
... as I understand it, is people that have one or more active Series 3(s), and do not have a TP of any kind in their TiVo account.
Well, I fall exactly into this bucket and received the offer noted two above.
ah30k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #72
dave_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by tka View Post
I wonder why they differentiate their "special" offers this much. I have an S3 with lifetime and only got the Premier 4 with lifetime for 549.99 offer. Before I saw this thread, I called to see if they would let me pay up for the Premier XL4, but they wouldn't. Have multiple Tivo's in the house, starting in 1999. Seeing the much cheaper offers here, I am certainly just going to hold off and not do anything.
So wait, you got the $549.99 deal and tried to see if they'd give you $200 off a XL4 with life time? Just looking at that for me it'd be $400 + $400 -$200 or $600. Admittedly it's a little better than what I'm think of.(IE go for their deal, get a 2tb drive and just upgrade immediately. I guess I wouldn't get that slide remote. Then again I have no idea if that thing is any good) Choices choices
dave_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #73
tvmaster2

I had two Tivo HD's, lowest storage versions. Both had 'Lifetime', which was added to each unit in 2011.
Just before Xmas, Tivo swapped each for a 45-hour Premiere, and moved the Lifetime service over to each new unit as well.
Price: $49.95 per unit.
Two reasons: Cox is switching to h.264, and the HD's were losing channels, and they claimed since it had been just over a year since I added Lifetime, I was in-line for that to continue with the swapped units.
Overall, very happy with that deal
tvmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #74
rassi

I have a TiVoHD and never received the offer. I suspect it's because I don't have a lifetime unit. Do all of you who received the offer have a lifetimed unit?
rassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #75
Davelnlr_

I didnt receive the offer either. Have a HD and Premier on lifetime. I emailed Tivo to request to be considered for this offer. I really need to drop DirecTv. Its getting expensive having DirecTv and Xfinity. I need 4 tuners on my main TV though. Currently have the Genie with 5 tuners, and it works out great. Just cant afford to pony up $800 for an XL and lifetime.
Davelnlr_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #76
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
You don't give up anything on your Series 3, the offer, as I understand it, is people that have one or more active Series 3(s), and do not have a TP of any kind in their TiVo account.
So that Premier on my account that I got for my parents for Christmas is making me ineligible? No good deed goes unpunished I guess...

I do like the idea of a quad tuner box that could be used with an extender like the TiVo Mini, but I'll likely stick with my 5 year old TiVo HD and ancient DirecTiVos for a while unless TiVo, Comcast, or DirecTV do something (good or bad) to make me change my mind.
"You know, ground beef is a real winner nowadays" -- Faster Guy
sbourgeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #77
JPA2825

Head Swimming

Trying to figure out if any of these offers will help my 3 situations (isn't it great to praise TiVo for so many for so long that you are now the EXPERT?)

#1 - Brother
He has 1 TiVo HD they use with service at $99/yr. (Uses cable DVR on other TVs.) He got the $249 + free MoCa + xfer current sub + $99 to lifetime the box you are xferring from offer. He also has 2 S2s with lifetime that are not hooked up. He wants to xfer the lifetime from 1 of the S2s to the Premiere 4 and then cancel the HD. I don't think that will work b/c the E-mail specifically says it only applies to the S3 TSN.

#2 - Father-in-Law
He has 1 TiVo HD with lifetime and 1 S2 with $6.95/mo. MSD (I think.) He wants an HD TV where the S2 currently is. Not sure if he has rec'd any E-mails, but seems like he would be eligible for something. What is best?

#3 - Me
I have 3 TiVo HDs all w/ lifetime. 2 have WD expanders. 1 has an upgraded HDD. The only offer I have received (that I am aware of) is the $549 to get a Premiere 4 w/ lifetime. (Honestly, who would take the $19.95/mo. no-commitment rate rather than the lifetime for $30 more?) I would like to get into the Premiere family, but am not "itching" to do so. I am intrigued by TiVo Stream, but suspect it would be heavily crippled outside the house due to my cableco marking everything copy protected.

Thoughts?
JPA2825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #78
andyw715

I have a TiVo HD lifetime. No offer
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #79
ViDeOmAnCiNi

I have a Premiere, an HD and an S2 - all with lifetime. I have not gotten any email so far. I guess I won't see one due to my Premiere. With the Mini coming it's time to move that S2 LT sub to a Premiere 4. I will let you know how it works out.

-VM
ViDeOmAnCiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #80
dave_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassi View Post
I have a TiVoHD and never received the offer. I suspect it's because I don't have a lifetime unit. Do all of you who received the offer have a lifetimed unit?
FWIW I have a TivoHD and it does have lifetime.
dave_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #81
WO312

The offer is at tivo.com/lowpls. You have to enter your TSN. If your machine is eligible it should accept it, otherwise you don't qualify.

I received the email and the offer also appears on the bottom of the Tivo Central page on my HD where the ads normally appear. So it is definitely targeted. I have a Tivo HD with lifetime and no Premiere. I'm really leaning towards pulling the trigger. $550 beats the next best deal I can find by about $70 ($220 for the Premiere and $400 for discounted Lifetime).
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #82
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by WO312 View Post
The offer is at tivo.com/lowpls. You have to enter your TSN. If your machine is eligible it should accept it, otherwise you don't qualify.

I received the email and the offer also appears on the bottom of the Tivo Central page on my HD where the ads normally appear. So it is definitely targeted. I have a Tivo HD with lifetime and no Premiere. I'm really leaning towards pulling the trigger. $550 beats the next best deal I can find by about $70 ($220 for the Premiere and $400 for discounted Lifetime).
Would you like to buy that S4 second hand?

All I care about is the $99 on my S3 HD part.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #83
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassi View Post
I have a couple of lifetimed S1s, 3 lifetimed single tuner S2s, 2 MSD monthly sub S2 DTs, an MSD monthly sub S3 HD I added a little over a year ago, and zero S4s of any description.

They emailed me some version of the offer, good only on the S3 HD, $249 for the Premiere 4 and transfer the $9.95 per month sub to it, and I'd love to take them up on the $99 PLS for the S3 HD part of it, but I have no interest in an S4 that can't tune OTA and would bind me that much more to TWC.

Only if I had a guaranteed sale of the S4 to someone else for the same as I paid for it would this be attractive to me.

I think I'll call and waste their time asking if I could sell it and transfer the $9.95 per month rate to the new owner.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:14 AM   #84
unitron

Is the S2 upgrade one only for people who don't own an S3 of any description?

Does it matter if the S2 is already lifetimed or on a monthly?

Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #85
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looper View Post
Mine was a little different:

http://www3.tivo.com/promo/s3upgrade_2013a.html

No mention of $99 to keep the old lifetime, and it was my assumption that the old lifetime is unaffected...
The $99 seems to be to put lifetime on a non-lifetimed S3 HD after moving the S3 HD's monthly fee to the Premiere 4 for which in purchase price they want $249.

In other words, if you have an S3 HD that's on a monthly, and don't have any S4s, that's the offer you get.

At least it's the one I got.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #86
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Would you like to buy that S4 second hand?

All I care about is the $99 on my S3 HD part.
Not with a monthly sub.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #87
billbillw

I have two S3 (one is lifetime)and one premiere. No offers for me, probably because of owning one premiere. FYI, I was told by Tivo last summer that they will offer the $99 lifetime on S3 for anyone who purchases a Premiere. So, if you buy one of the 'winter blowout' deals, they will likely offer you the $99 deal on any S3 you have...Well, you may have to ask for it. I called in separately and asked for it.
billbillw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #88
Bruzer

I have a lifetime S2 (Toshiba RS-TX20) and I received the upgrade offer (refurb Premiere + lifetime for $400). I have Comcast as my cable provider. I have a couple questions:

1. The Premiere requires an M-Card from Comcast, correct? We have two of the DTA boxes from Comcast, and one of their "digital" boxes (capable of getting their ON DEMAND). Is it possible to take out the M-Card from that digital box and put it in the Premiere? That would save us $10/month (you get one digital box or M-Card free; additional ones are $10), although we would lose the ON DEMAND feature on that TV.

2. Our S2 will get moved to a different TV. What's the best method to view recorded shows from the S2 on the Premiere? Does it require a dual transfer (S2 to PC, PC to Premiere), or is it direct (S2 to Premiere)?

Thanks.
Bruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #89
jrtroo
User

1- Yes, you need a cablecard. No, you cannot take a card from a Comcast box and put in a Peremiere, you would need a fresh card from Comcast. Those digital boxes will eventually have a rental fee. After two years in my area they are no longer free. You may get ondemand on your tivo, check out the tivo site for applicability.

2- you can pull the show directly from the S2 to the Premiere.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #90
Bruzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
1- Yes, you need a cablecard. No, you cannot take a card from a Comcast box and put in a Peremiere, you would need a fresh card from Comcast. Those digital boxes will eventually have a rental fee. After two years in my area they are no longer free. You may get ondemand on your tivo, check out the tivo site for applicability.

2- you can pull the show directly from the S2 to the Premiere.
Awesome, thanks for the reply jrtroo
Bruzer is offline   Reply With Quote