I finally posted on hmedev . wikidot . com the latest complete set of "V49 Classes" that fix known problems with the SDK and make it easier to work with it.
They make it easy to set up an app in V49 TiVo environment using either the 1.4 or 1.4.1e SDK and Bananas classes.
All you have to do is use those three "V49"-prefixed classes in place of the three original classes: BApplication, BApplicationFactory, and IHmeProtocol.
They set up V49, fix known bugs, present missing constants (including keyboard constants), and make some things easier such as:
- presenting safe regions as Rectangle objects
- presenting regions that match the heading/logo/content areas of the standard loopset: backgrounds
- support a text-creation shortcut like the animation, color, image creation shortcuts in setResource (setResource("[0x000000]default-10.font:my text") )
- stores the DeviceInfo map and other useful data for later use.
- multipliers for the current resolution vs. SD.
If anybody out there wants to create Java Apps anymore... use this. Your life will be easier.
I'll keep adding to it as I learn other fixes.