TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > Developers Corner
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-22-2014, 10:16 PM   #1
jgametest

Lightbulb OperaTV Store Backdoor

When Tivo announced we were getting Opera TV Store, there was an SDK floating around that would allow you to test internal code if you knew were to find the DEVICE ID. Guess what? Now we do!

http://dev.opera.com/tv/testing-your...pera-tv-store/

Today I found a new app above the opera tv store that says "My Opera TV Store Apps" I opened it and sure enough those apps I bookmarked preloaded so what. But what I found caught my attention when you click Menu, About you are given the DEVICE ID

This is a very long lengthy ID that is bound to the TiVo for app testing.
For opera this is controlled by Dragonfly part of the Opera Browser.

Happy Hunting!

Last edited by jgametest : 07-22-2014 at 11:09 PM.
jgametest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #2
jgametest

Screenshot from Pairing my Tivo to Opera

Now I will admit this was a challenge, I did not want to write out all those numbers on my screen so I took my phone and captured my device ID.

As soon as the pair was done Tivo had a message a request to PAIR from user jhilla2014 is requesting Permission Yes or NO. Naturally I said HELL YEA! or yes and then a blue square appeared at the bottom of my screen representing an app that does not exist yet. By the way to make the pair happen, there is a little box for developers to click on the bottom right of your Tivo screen that presents a smaller number. After you registered on the page you enter this little magic number and then magically the long lengthy number appears in your browser to PAIR together.

Last edited by jgametest : 07-22-2014 at 11:12 PM.
jgametest is offline   Reply With Quote