TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
shamilian

Premiere remote "My Shows" screen is SDUI screen (Solved)

I have multiple premieres since the fall update the remote screens accessing other premieres were a new HDUI screen. A couple of days ago one of the premieres are displaying all remotes Tivos as an SDUI screen. And when the other Tivos access it they also get an SDUI screen. Streaming, transfers and deleting shows seems to work fine and I get 80mb transfer rate.

I tried one chat with customer support ( for a few hours ) and they have no idea why this is happening...

I have recently installed tivo togo on one of my PCs, but I don't think this is an issue. I have used wireshark to see the broadcast packets and they all seem the same. And the Tivo in question can get to the internet without a problem...

I have forced manual connections and rebooted many times.
I think there was a thread where someone else ran into this problem, but I can not find the thread....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RemoteMyShows1.jpg (59.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg RemoteMyShows2.jpg (33.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg RemoteMyShows3.jpg (31.1 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by shamilian : 01-10-2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: add images
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
tatergator1

This is a known issue, although the cause or reason has never been elaborated on to my knowledge. See: here.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamilian View Post
I have multiple premieres since the fall update the remote screens accessing other premieres were a new HDUI screen. A couple of days ago one of the premieres are displaying all remotes Tivos as an SDUI screen. And when the other Tivos access it they also get an SDUI screen. Streaming, transfers and deleting shows seems to work fine and I get 80mb transfer rate.

I tried one chat with customer support ( for a few hours ) and they have no idea why this is happening...

I have recently installed tivo togo on one of my PCs, but I don't think this is an issue. I have used wireshark to see the broadcast packets and they all seem the same. And the Tivo in question can get to the internet without a problem...

I have forced manual connections and rebooted many times.
I think there was a thread where someone else ran into this problem, but I can not find the thread....
Do you have RCN?
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
Do you have RCN?
No.

I still can't find others with this issue.
I have had the latest software release for more than a month and then suddenly this menu system has changed on its own.

The Tivo support said that they have nothing under their control that could cause this...
Old 01-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamilian View Post
No.

I still can't find others with this issue.

I have had the latest software release for more than a month and then suddenly this menu system has changed on its own.

The Tivo support said that they have nothing under their control that could cause this...

I found this post with the first fall update. user names test, aero 1
seem to have the same problem. And no solution.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...98#post9364298

The thing that bothers me is that all was working for more than a
month...
Old 01-10-2013, 03:18 AM   #6
shamilian

Solved

It turns out that the problem is caused by Verizon FIOS actiontec router bridging function. While the router allows bridging it handles igmp/multicasting in a special way.

The router bridges ethernet/moca/wifi but uses an igmp proxy and limits the use of multicast on on theses segments. Depending on the version of the router you have you will be able to turn of igmp proxy and allow multicast to your tivo hosts.

It also affects itunes sharing which also uses multicast.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-In...ht/true/page/2

I previously had a TivoHD on the moca link, so i did not notice any problem. When I moved a premiere on to the moca link, the premiere which worked fine before, started showing the SDUI interface for the remote My Shows screens. And the other premieres which tried to access that unit also started showing the SDUI interface for the remote My Shows to that unit.

It appears the new interface requires the use of multicast, I am not sure why they made this requirement as it is just 2 peer Tivos exchanging information.

Last edited by shamilian : 01-10-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #7
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

I am having the same problem every week or so, one of the Premieres will start showing the Remote "My Shows" screen in SDUI only. and at the same time the Android app will stop showing the DVR Name and only show DVR-6789.

A reboot of both Premieres will solve the issue until next week, or so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 01-10-2013 at 07:34 AM.
CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
I am having the same problem every week or so, one of the Premieres will start showing the Remote "My Shows" screen in SDUI only. and at the same time the Android app will stop showing the DVR Name and only show DVR-6789.

A reboot of both Premieres will solve the issue until next week, or so.
It sounds as if something is blocking or not forwarding these multicast packets after a while.

Are your devices on the same LAN or do you have some on wifi/moca/ethernet/powerline ?

you need to find out if there is any multicast filtering or routing between the segments.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #9
sharkster

Glad the issue is known. I've just lately been seeing this. I use MRS all the time with my two Premieres and lately, since the latest updates, I've been having some wonky stuff going on, including this problem.

Hopefully, they straighten it out soon.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote