TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Doit2it

Can't delete groups

Just upgraded to the XL4 this Christmas and this is my only issue.

If I try to delete a group in My Shows with the clear key I will get the confirmation prompt. Once I select Delete Now I'll get the X next to group name. If I do nothing the X will stay there indefinitely. If I exit My Shows when I return the folder icon is next to the group I tried to delete and all the shows are still there. I can open the group and delete the shows individually with the clear key, but I want my group delete back!

I did a reboot and it fixed it temporarily, but by the next morning, the problem has reemerged. Suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tivo XL4 w/LT :: TiVo HD w/LT & 2TB :: LG 47" & 42" HDTVs
Tivo HD w/LT - Mom :: Series 2 80 - Boxed :: Series 2 40 - Boxed
Doit2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Do you have multiple TiVos? Any chance one of those shows is being streamed to another TiVo and is paused on it? There is a weird issue where where if a show is being streamed to another TiVo, or to an iPad via Stream, it tried to delete it but can't. It's not obvious to the user of the local TiVo why it wont delete, it just outs an X next to it and then it never actually gets deleted.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
Doit2it

No, nothing being streamed. I did transfer many of my shows from my old TivoHD, but it has since been disconnected from my network and unplugged. Also, I am not streaming shows to any other device (iPad, etc).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
Ben_Jamin75

Just curious, are you using the SD or the HD menus?
Ben_Jamin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
Goober96

Does this occur after you've watched the shows in the group all at once? If so, in my experience, it will keep the last one paused in the preview window and not allow deleting. I always go to Live TV and then come back to My Shows and delete the group.
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
Doit2it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Jamin75 View Post
Just curious, are you using the SD or the HD menus?
HD Menus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober96 View Post
Does this occur after you've watched the shows in the group all at once? If so, in my experience, it will keep the last one paused in the preview window and not allow deleting. I always go to Live TV and then come back to My Shows and delete the group.
I believe that is what's happening. It must be an issue related to the preview window because I just disabled it and left keyed back to My Shows and the group I was watching deleted with no problem. Strange because I can delete a single show while watching it with the clear key. Is Tivo aware of the issue?

Old 01-10-2013, 05:37 AM   #7
Doit2it

I did realize today you can hit the Slow button to disable the preview window, delete the group with clear, then hit the slow button again to bring the preview window back.