TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
Digital Man

Closed Captioning for Xfinity On Demand?

Does anyone know how to turn on closed captioning for Xfinity On Demand on a Tivo Premier? I have CC turned on in the Tivo setup and it works fine for live TV and recordings. It also works for Netflix because the Netflix app has a way to turn it on. I just can't find a place to turn it on for Xfinity On Demand. The shows I'm watching do say "CC" in the description so I'm assuming that means they have CC.

Thanks,
DM
Digital Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
mattack

You have to hit the Info button IIRC, and then you get a page SIMILAR to what you get when you hit right arrow when watching a regular recording.. Then you can go down in the sidebar and turn on CC..

Though IIRC, I never had to do this initially, I only found it when trying to TURN OFF CC in On Demand once.. (Just like some normal channels, some On Demand recordings seem to have just as garbled CC..)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #3
Digital Man

Thanks for the tip. Yep, the Info button does bring up a screen that allows me to turn on CC. It turns out that CC was enabled. The two shows I tried both were on Fox. It appears that even though the Fox shows say they have CC, that they really don't. I tried other networks and CC worked fine, but it didn't work for any of the Fox shows I tried.

DM
Digital Man is offline   Reply With Quote