TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-18-2012, 02:59 AM   #91
bleen
Protein from the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
Spoiler:

Cool to see Erik back...I like the idea that he was a fan in fan vs favorites 1, and now he gets to be a favorite in part 2. Lets just hope he's not so naive with his II this time.

Don't recall who Phillip is exactly, but I have this odd feeling I couldn't stand him the first time around. And didn't Penner throw out a reference to him at the final TC about how many votes he got? --- ok, just looked him up...he's the self proclaimed "federal agent" with the pink undies. Yep, not sure how he was anybody's "favorite".

Cochran - I sort of like him first time around. Everyone gave him crap for flipping on his tribe, but come on...he wasn't just at the bottom of the pecking order....they outright treated him like crap.

Brandon Hantz - seriously? He was anybody's favorite? ok.

Malcolm is cool to have back, though it's going to be another Russell Hantz situation, where nobody really knows quite what to expect.

As for the other 5, no clue who they are off the top of my head.

Spoiler:
Haha who could forget Phile ? (for that matter they should have brought back the guy who spelled it like that - sorry can't remember his name)

Agreed on not remembering the 5 women and even after using The Google only Dawn brings back specific memory, although I do vaguely remember Corinne being good comic relief

Sounds like it could be a good season and glad it's "first-time" returnees, not the same ol' re-treads

bleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #92
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Spoiler:

Cool to see Erik back...I like the idea that he was a fan in fan vs favorites 1, and now he gets to be a favorite in part 2. Lets just hope he's not so naive with his II this time.

Don't recall who Phillip is exactly, but I have this odd feeling I couldn't stand him the first time around. And didn't Penner throw out a reference to him at the final TC about how many votes he got? --- ok, just looked him up...he's the self proclaimed "federal agent" with the pink undies. Yep, not sure how he was anybody's "favorite".

Cochran - I sort of like him first time around. Everyone gave him crap for flipping on his tribe, but come on...he wasn't just at the bottom of the pecking order....they outright treated him like crap.

Malcolm is cool to have back, though it's going to be another Russell Hantz situation, where nobody really knows quite what to expect.

Spoiler:
I had this discussion with my son about "favorites" I don't it's actually favorites in the sense that we rooted for them as much as ones we liked to watch. That said, I could do without Brandon Hantz, but I think it might be fun watching Phillip blow up again and Cochran was an interesting survivor. Nice spoiler by Jeff asking Malcolm if he's play again when he already knew he did. Still, I'm totally tired of "All-Stars". I'd rather just newbies.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #93
newsposter
Poster of News

wow some people looked better back on the island..that penner hair was just too 80s. carter always looks and sounds like he's a scared kid that got woken up and he doesnt know what is going on. i thought maybe it was just his island demeanor but obviously it wasnt. pretty funny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #94
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
I think that's the kind of thing therapists do when you're analyzing someone - maybe some kind of reassuring or showing you're listening thing or something - and he just wasn't having any of it. And I cracked up a little when a few seconds later it looked like she caught herself about to do it again.

I would have thought Malcolm would have been more angry at Lisa and Skupin after they made that pact on the boat, but he sure seemed upset with Denise.
I think the head nodding is a Mars/Venus thing. In general, women nod their head to show that they hear what you're saying. Not that they agree, just that they hear. Men in general nod to show agreement.

Interesting to read some of the interviews. Malcolm was angry that he got out-played and he knew it. Even though he was angry that Denise was there and he wasn't, he still voted for her. I'm ok with that kind of angry in the jury. Go ahead and be angry, but pull up your big-boy pants and vote for the best player, even if that player is the reason you got voted out.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #95
2004raptor

My DVR cutoff right before they talked with Abi. Was there much more after that? I'm wondering if. Can find it online or if its even worth it.

Regarding the above spoilers

Spoiler:
im not sure how they record these seasons and how long it takes them to air but you all are saying Malcolm has already been on another season? If so, he's got several months before another final show. Or are you all saying he was only asked to be on the next season but it has been filmed?
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #96
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
My DVR cutoff right before they talked with Abi. Was there much more after that? I'm wondering if. Can find it online or if its even worth it.

Spoiler:
im not sure how they record these seasons and how long it takes them to air but you all are saying Malcolm has already been on another season? If so, he's got several months before another final show. Or are you all saying he was only asked to be on the next season but it has been filmed?
Read this only if you want to know a spoiler about the upcoming season (which may or may not be true):

Spoiler:
There are lists floating around that have been posted in this thread that say that Malcom is on the next season beginning in February. The would have been filmed and completed before the actual reunion show that was shown live this past Sunday.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #97
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
No, Malcolm is actually in the next season. Lately, they always film 2 seasons back to back (in the same location), and the 2nd season begins filming before the 1st season begins airing.

Russell Hantz did the same thing. He particpated in the 2 back-to-back seasons (heroes vs villians being the 2nd one), but because of the back-to-back nature, nobody he played with knew anything about him even though he was a returning player.

LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #98
2004raptor

Ok thanks.
Spoiler:
i haven't watched Survivor since maybe the third season other than this season. Wow, that must have been tough in him. Seems like your body/mind wouldn't hold up good under these type of conditions for that long of a time.

2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #99
lalouque
Quilter-Cat Slave

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I think for Brandon Hantz's own mental safety, he should NOT EVER go back on Survivor.

lalouque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #100
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

I'm not unhappy that Denise won, but I was rooting for Lisa.

I really liked Penner...until the final tribal. Whoa, dude.

I'm also tired of fans/favorites/blah blah blah. It was neat the first time or two. Or three. We need all new players. It would be great if somehow they could find people who had no clue what Survivor was...

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #101
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
It would be great if somehow they could find people who had no clue what Survivor was...
Then why would they sign up?

I like the idea someone had of getting relatives of past Survivor players...that could be an interesting season...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #102
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
I'm not unhappy that Denise won, but I was rooting for Lisa.

I really liked Penner...until the final tribal. Whoa, dude.

I'm also tired of fans/favorites/blah blah blah. It was neat the first time or two. Or three. We need all new players. It would be great if somehow they could find people who had no clue what Survivor was...
What would be even better is if they found people with absolutely NO connection to Hollywood. I'm tired of, in all these shows, them finding out of work actors, pretending that they are, students or waitresses or whatever and even pretending that they are from Powdunk, IA or something. Big Brother is the worst of them with this, but Survivor has had a few.

Give me 18 actual NORMAL people and let them have at it.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #103
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
Then why would they sign up?

I like the idea someone had of getting relatives of past Survivor players...that could be an interesting season...
Why did people sign up the first or second season? Because it could be an adventure? That said, I don't think anyone auditioning for Survivor these days is not going to know what it is.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #104
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Give me 18 actual NORMAL people and let them have at it.
It's probably hard to find normal people unless they are unemployed or retired.
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #105
kettledrum

Do we know how many of the contestants applied to be on the show vs who were recruited?
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #106
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
Looks like his last industry credit was 4 years ago. What has he been doing?
He's a writer.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #107
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
You rarely, if ever, get to the finals without flipping/blindsiding at least once. If you do it too much you'll likely also not make it. I get really tired of the "at least I played with integrity" b.s. from some jury members. I get there being some anger and resentment after being voted out. But get over it, if you've ever watched this show you know how it works.
IIRC Sandra won 2 seasons without ever getting a single vote cast against her.

Last edited by Lee 2.0 : 12-18-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #108
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
What would be even better is if they found people with absolutely NO connection to Hollywood. I'm tired of, in all these shows, them finding out of work actors, pretending that they are, students or waitresses or whatever and even pretending that they are from Powdunk, IA or something.
I think most of the time, they actually ARE from Powdunk, IA... at some point in their lives.

Like a couple seasons ago, they always showed Fabio as being from St. Louis, MO. He actually was from there, went to high school there, etc... but was definitely living in CA when he was cast.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #109
VegasVic
Craps Player

The way some of these knuckleheads play it sure seems as if they've never seen an episode in their life
Old 12-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #110
Kablemodem
Get the ketchup.

They should do a season where they bring back the players that made the stupidest moves. No one would be in a hurry to vote them out.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #111
terpfan1980
It's Just TV

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablemodem View Post
They should do a season where they bring back the players that made the stupidest moves. No one would be in a hurry to vote them out.
Now that right there would be darned funny and could be pretty interesting too.

Heck, even if they just went with the players that were voted out the fastest (like Zane from this season, as an example), it could be interesting since we'd hopefully get to see players that we only saw a little of in prior seasons.
Xbox Live gamertag/PSN id: terpfan1980
terpfan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #112
Magister
Fat, Dumb and Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpfan1980 View Post
Now that right there would be darned funny and could be pretty interesting too.

Heck, even if they just went with the players that were voted out the fastest (like Zane from this season, as an example), it could be interesting since we'd hopefully get to see players that we only saw a little of in prior seasons.
Lots of them were voted out first for a reason. Zane was about to quit on his own. Lots of the first out people, were very annoying or unstable. Put lots of them together, and it wouldn't be fun. I don't think we have had many personable first person outs.

JFRIDAY - Lets vote off Joe, then eat him.
XBOX - DemanoRock
Magister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #113
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Quote:
"Yeah, I have 2 immunity idols, but I'll leave it up to the vote."

/James
Old 12-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #114
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I'd like to see a season only of people voted out first or second.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #115
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

One of the people allegedly coming back next season was voted out first. I'm not sure how that qualifies this person as a "favorite."
Old 12-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #116
Peter000

Maybe they were a favorite of the producers.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #117
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
carter always looks and sounds like he's a scared kid that got woken up and he doesnt know what is going on. i thought maybe it was just his island demeanor but obviously it wasnt. pretty funny
Carter's look and mannerisms scream "stoner" to me.
Looking back, I think he must have gotten high before his appearance at the reunion show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
I'd like to see a season only of people voted out first or second.
+1

I'd watch.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #118
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Looking back, I think he must have gotten high before his appearance at the reunion show.
I am POSITIVE Probst does this.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #119
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Carter's look and mannerisms scream "stoner" to me.
He looked stoned on the final tribal.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #120
Boston Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
No, Malcolm is actually in the next season. Lately, they always film 2 seasons back to back (in the same location), and the 2nd season begins filming before the 1st season begins airing.

Russell Hantz did the same thing. He particpated in the 2 back-to-back seasons (heroes vs villians being the 2nd one), but because of the back-to-back nature, nobody he played with knew anything about him even though he was a returning player.
Spoiler:
I thought Heroes v. Villains was Hantz's third time on.

Boston Fan is offline   Reply With Quote