TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
Peter000

Survivor Finale & Reunion show 12/16/12 SPOILERS

Can't believe I'm the first to post about the show? Does anyone care anymore?

I thought it was a decent finale. Not too exciting, but entertaining. I would have been content with any of the final 4 winning, but was rooting for Malcolm.

Looking forward to next season already.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
pendragn

This might be the first Iowan to win. Woo hoo!

Like you, I would have been happy with any of them but was rooting for Malcolm. I got the vibe he was dating someone from the show when he clarified his "best relationship" comment, but I guess not.

Tk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I think Abi in that dress should have won the million dollars.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I was rooting for Lisa, so I'm glad she got the fan favorite award.

I question whether 'the kiss' was spontaneous. They tried to make it seem that way, but I'd bet it was discussed beforehand.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #5
WO312

I thought that all 3 did a decent job in front of the jury - no major gaffes. I lost some respect for Penner. Way too bitter for my taste, and no reason to out Lisa like that, other than to try to sway the rest of the jury.
WO312 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:13 AM   #6
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Penner turned out to be a bitter bore.

I do wish finalists would tell the sermonizers to shut up and sit down. It would likely win as many votes as it lost.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #7
Cragmyre

And I think only Russel got barely any air time
Cragmyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #8
Azlen

The cast list for next season is out there and

Spoiler:
Malcom is one of the returning favorites. Which means when Probst asked him if he would play again, he already had.

Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #9
jradosh
Newlywed

What was up with Malcolm's "Stop! Don't nod your head!" thing to Denise?

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:51 AM   #10
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Dalton's recap - http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...finale-winner/

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #11
VegasVic
Craps Player

Not looking forward to next season with that cast. Yawn.

Abi is my favorite (with the sound turned down).

I'm used to bitter and resentful and the final tribal but Penner was a total ******.

Also didn't like having just one elim in 2 hours. But we did get the "Fallen Comrades" walk. Wow that's always fun.

Last edited by VegasVic : 12-17-2012 at 07:19 AM.
VegasVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #12
TriBruin

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
Also didn't like having just one elim in 2 hours. But we did get the "Fallen Comrades" walk. Wow that's always fun.
At least Denise and/or Malcom were actually able to say something about each person, some seasons the Final 3 have no clue about some of the early castoffs.

I was fine with the outcome, although I was hoping for Lisa to win (but wasn't expecting it. Glad she got both a vote and the Favorite Survivor.)

I lost a lot of respect for Penner. For a man who prides himself in playing Survivor, revealing Lisa's secret at the final TC was just a d-bag move. It would have been one thing to reveal it while he was still in the game, but it was done ONLY to sway the jury against her. He didn't even allow her to reveal it, he HAD to do it himself. At least she, somewhat, was able to make a save by asking if he talk all about his childhood.

I wonder if Abi really did learn anything about herself or was she just saying that?

Regarding the spoiler about next season
Spoiler:
How can Malcom be on a Fans vs. Favorites so soon? No one will know who he is, since next season was probably filmed just as this season was getting started.

TriBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:37 AM   #13
drjlb

I cannot for the life of me figure out why Malcolm did not take Denise up on her offer of an alliance to the final three. If he had and convinced Denise to vote for Lisa, he would have won the game. If Lisa and Skupin split their vote, it would have been Malcolm, Denise, and Skupin. If Lisa and Skupin voted for Malcolm as they did last night, there would have been a tie, and I'm pretty sure Malcolm could have beaten Lisa. As it was, Malcolm screwed himself out of a million dollars. If he'd have made it to the final three, he would have won hands down. For such a seemingly smart player, he made a big mistake at the end.
drjlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #14
newsposter
Poster of News

i FF thru some of this this morning to prevent spoilers and i'm glad i wasnt realllly into the show. midway thru the marble contest, which i was watching in its entirety, some kind of weird signal glitch sent me to waaay beyond that...very weird

when you are shinier than a bald guys head, you have some serious facial issues..did she shine that much even during the show itself? abi just has what i call angry face..her natural state is looking fiercely angry and it's a big turn off

also noticed RC had quite the superiority complex during the final tribal...her demeanor and body language was just so telling.

the congrats to denise on the way out of being voted off was right on the money though!

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #15
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I am glad that Denise won. I think she played a great game - better than Malcolm.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #16
laria
Librocubicularist

I was surprised with Penner's reaction and him voting for Denise. I know he was probably mad that Lisa voted him out, but she should have pointed out that she asked him to be in the Final 4 and he didn't want to commit!

I was bummed about Malcolm's appearance at the reunion show. He looked way hawter all island scruffy.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #17
Amnesia
The Question

I didn't watch much of the reunion show---did Jeff ask the jury how they would have voted if it were Lisa, Skoopin and Abi in the final 3?
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #18
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
I was surprised with Penner's reaction and him voting for Denise. I know he was probably mad that Lisa voted him out, but she should have pointed out that she asked him to be in the Final 4 and he didn't want to commit!
Oh my god, I just watched the Malcolm Ponderosa videos and Penner does an on camera interview about the final tribal where he says he's interested to find out how the alliance of Lisa and Skupin decided to work with Malcolm and Denise, and how/when he and Carter were cut out.

Dude! She asked you right on the beach to commit to a final 4 and you said no! How can you not know when they decided to cut you out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
I didn't watch much of the reunion show---did Jeff ask the jury how they would have voted if it were Lisa, Skoopin and Abi in the final 3?
No, but he did ask how they would have voted if Malcolm was there with and without Denise, and it was a little confusing. The second question, who wins between Denise and Malcolm if they're both there was a little clearer and Denise still won, but the original question was worded a little confusingly and I think was supposed to be "does Malcolm win if he's in the final with Lisa and Skupin" and only 2 people raised their hands, one of which was Lisa. So, it sounds like either Lisa or Skupin (probably Lisa) would have been richer if they'd made a better final 3 choice!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #19
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

I always feel the jury lies when asked the "who would you have voted for if" scenarios to further stick it to the people they're angry at or to justify their actual votes.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #20
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I was really surprised when Penner outed Lisa, but chuckled when she asked what he did 20 years ago....I was waiting for her to out him as an actor also. I don't know if she ever knew - can't recall if he told her. That would have been amusing.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #21
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I would've been happy with any of the final 4. First time in Survivor history I could say that.

I wish Jeff would've asked them if Penners angry rant at Lisa swayed any of their votes.

Looking at the different lists online of who is playing next year doesn't seem to match up with the teaser video they played last night. In the video I saw

Spoiler:
Russell Hantz, Coach and Rupert

but they are not on the list that I've seen.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #22
Tivortex
Cherished Member

My favorite line was Artis: "Even I was starting to think I was an angry black man".
Old 12-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #23
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
I would've been happy with any of the final 4. First time in Survivor history I could say that.

I wish Jeff would've asked them if Penners angry rant at Lisa swayed any of their votes.

Looking at the different lists online of who is playing next year doesn't seem to match up with the teaser video they played last night. In the video I saw

Spoiler:
Russell Hantz, Coach and Rupert

Of that list -

Spoiler:
please not coach again!

Old 12-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #24
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I was surprised Denise won, I was rooting for Lisa. Then I realized I had Denise in our pool.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #25
VegasVic
Craps Player

If I recall the teaser videos in the past also had some "red herrings"
Old 12-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #26
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I was really surprised when Penner outed Lisa, but chuckled when she asked what he did 20 years ago....I was waiting for her to out him as an actor also. I don't know if she ever knew - can't recall if he told her. That would have been amusing.
What did Penner do 20 years ago? They alluded to it, but I have no idea. I like the show, but I'm not a reader of all the fan blogs. Watching the show and discussing it here is enough for me.

As for the finale. I was ok with Denise winning. I thought she might early on because she seemed like kind of a smart wild card. I didn't think Lisa did herself any justice at the tribal. She seemed like she was telling everyone she had no idea how to play until her brother came into the game. Well that's no way to win by admitting you really had no plan until near the end. I thought Skupin might win, but I wonder if him playing again had something to do with it.

I found it interesting that Denise during the reunion looked EXACTLY the same as she did on the island. I guess she's not one of those who "cleans up" well. RC came off very ditzy, during the reunion and during her tribal speech. She never seemed like that during her island interviews. I also found it curious that they filmed Abi from behind while she was questioning the finalists. Her best side?

As for next year:

Spoiler:
I've totally had enough of the "favorites" If they bring back the same players again...Rupert, Coach, Hantz, etc. I'm out for next season. And it will be the first season of Survivor that I would miss.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #27
VegasVic
Craps Player

Penner was an actor (I guess he isn't anymore?). I remember he had one line on Seinfeld as "Zach", a co-worker of Elaine's. Maybe he's bitter his career never took off.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #28
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Penner was a huge disappointment for me. I really liked him in the first two games, and I get that he's frustrated but come on, guy. Almost as distressing as calling Denise a "b" on national television and being petty about Lisa's career was the odd way he styled himself for the reunion. He looked better with his salt and pepper hair and a natural tan. Just the epitome of a man who is uncomfortable in his own skin, and that's sad because I don't think it was always the case. I wonder if he'll look back on the end of this season with pride or have the good grace to be embarrassed.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #29
VegasVic
Craps Player

You rarely, if ever, get to the finals without flipping/blindsiding at least once. If you do it too much you'll likely also not make it. I get really tired of the "at least I played with integrity" b.s. from some jury members. I get there being some anger and resentment after being voted out. But get over it, if you've ever watched this show you know how it works.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #30
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
You rarely, if ever, get to the finals without flipping/blindsiding at least once. If you do it too much you'll likely also not make it. I get really tired of the "at least I played with integrity" b.s. from some jury members. I get there being some anger and resentment after being voted out. But get over it, if you've ever watched this show you know how it works.
Whatever you think of Richard Hatch, I always think about when he got blindsided during one of the seasons and he said with a smile "I got bamboozled"!! I loved that. I think he realized it was a game. That's the attitude you should play with. Realize that no matter what you do to create your best game, there's someone else thinking the same thing. So, trust no one, and if you get voted out, realize that in most cases it wasn't personal, it was game play. There's a reason why someone like Abi stuck around, despite being annoying, and it was because the game play dictated that. You'd think someone like Penner, as many times as he's played, would have realized this. His game just got in the way of someone's better game.