TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #391
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
SyFy is showing Buffy all day today. I have never been able to get into Buffy, though I loved Angel and Firefly. I am recording these - though it's just one or two from each season - to try again. I know Hush is in there and also the singing one. I think my favorites were a couple of Halloween episodes. Especially one where they became their costumes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #392
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Yeah, fortunately they appear to be going in order, although as you note they're only doing select episodes from each season.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #393
alansh

The only episode of "Buffy" that was shot 16:9 was "Once More, With Feeling". Every other episode was framed for 4:3. Some episodes have been released using the full width of the 35mm film, but that messes up the original framing (off-center, studio equipment visible, framing wider than director intended).
alansh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #394
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Yeah, fortunately they appear to be going in order, although as you note they're only doing select episodes from each season.
I am hoping they picked the best of each season but don't know for sure....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #395
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansh View Post
The only episode of "Buffy" that was shot 16:9 was "Once More, With Feeling". Every other episode was framed for 4:3. Some episodes have been released using the full width of the 35mm film, but that messes up the original framing (off-center, studio equipment visible, framing wider than director intended).
I was googling yesterday about this. Found a site that showed the same scene 4:3 and 16:9. Saw the one with studio equipment on the edges of the 16:9 frame. There was another one that in the scene, a person suddenly comes into frame to break the tension. In 16:9, you can see this person's arm, so you know somebody is there. So, the tension breaking doesn't work, because you already know someone is there.

I'm still watching the 16:9 version. The things this guy pointed out, I'd probably never notice.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #396
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Well, I just noticed a 16:9 thing all on my own. This is a screen print I took from an episode I'm watching. Buffy and her man were having sexy time in a room and it was causing a frat house to be haunted. There was all kinds of vegetation and vines growing around.

You can see someone's arm in the far left. In motion, it was pulling a vine around. Quite sure that wouldn't be in the 4:3 frame.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #397
cal_s7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
Yep, Aero's link says it is a disc swapping guide now that I read it.

I'll stick with the first guide linked.

That was me. Not that I created it. Only posted it and I'm using it as well. Im up to

Buffy ‘Triangle’ (S05E11)
Angel ‘Redefinition’ (S02E11)

and so far everything has been good when the two shows relate to each other.

Hush..... Ya one of my favorites. I watched that one and then started watching again with the dvd commentary just to see what they said. I normally never listen to the commentary. But I ended up watching the entire show over again.
cal_s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #398
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I'm up around episode 18-20 for Buffy season 4 and Angel season 1. I'm enjoying both shows quite a bit.

Charisma Carpenter continues to get incredibly hot. I was looking to see what she is up to now and I think she's on some ABC Family show. I enjoy her shallow character in L.A. on Angel.

Oh yeah, I also like that Anya character on Buffy. The former demon who just says whatever dumb thing is on her mind.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #399
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Finished off season 4 of Buffy and season 1 of Angel last night. Really didn't like the last ep of Buffy. The whole dream world of the first slayer thing.

Jumped right in and watched first episode of season 5 Buffy. I liked the Buffy vs Dracula thing. Xander eating bugs, and Giles having some fun with the 3 sisters.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #400
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Finished off season 4 of Buffy and season 1 of Angel last night. Really didn't like the last ep of Buffy. The whole dream world of the first slayer thing.

Jumped right in and watched first episode of season 5 Buffy. I liked the Buffy vs Dracula thing. Xander eating bugs, and Giles having some fun with the 3 sisters.
That last episode of season 4 is my husband's favorite.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #401
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
That last episode of season 4 is my husband's favorite.
After Season 5, go back and rewatch the finale of season 4. The episode basically lays out most of what will happen to the characters in the future.