TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #361
Aero 1

dont forget to watch season 8. as much as it sucks, its canon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&redirect=true

the rest of the season is in comic books.

OTA | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | MLB.tv -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aero 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #362
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
Boy, I hit a wall last night. I watched a good episode with John Ritter. Then like the next 2 episodes were a 2 parter about Buffy and Angel's relationship. Such a bore. I would fast forward through Smallville during Clark and Lana stuff. I am not interested in that kind of stuff at all.
Yeah, Buffy & Angel were a yawner for me, too; plus, I felt a little like Angel was a pedophile for his interest in the waifish, very young looking Buffy. Kinda creepy.

Now Angel and Cordy, OTOH, well...
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #363
allan
I survived the Mayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
Yeah, Buffy & Angel were a yawner for me, too; plus, I felt a little like Angel was a pedophile for his interest in the waifish, very young looking Buffy. Kinda creepy.
Wasn't Angel about 200 years old? Talk about an age gap!

BEEP
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #364
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Boy, I hit a wall last night. I watched a good episode with John Ritter. Then like the next 2 episodes were a 2 parter about Buffy and Angel's relationship. Such a bore. I would fast forward through Smallville during Clark and Lana stuff. I am not interested in that kind of stuff at all.
"Surprise" and "Innocence"?

Wow. Never met anyone who didn't put those in their top ten.

Plus, they are the set-up for the rest of the season...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #365
Agatha Mystery

See, Ted with John Ritter just skeeved me out. I usually skip that one.
Agatha Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #366
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I might have liked the John Ritter one because it was John Ritter. Fond memories of him on Three's Company and him dying suddenly and all.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #367
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
"Surprise" and "Innocence"?

Wow. Never met anyone who didn't put those in their top ten.

Plus, they are the set-up for the rest of the season...
I made it halfway through Innocence from the looks of it. I just got bored with Angel and Buffy. I'll probably finish it tonight. Maybe by the end I'll be into it more.

I see the actual last episode before those 2 was "Bad Eggs". Where the kids got eggs to take care of like they were infants. Then the eggs turned out to be "bad". I liked that episode too.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #368
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
I think you should stop right now as I don't think this show is for you.

There is no possibly way you can equate Buffy/Angel with the insipidness of Clark/Lana.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #369
Zevida
witless and unarmed

If you liked Ted and Bad Eggs and were bored by Surprise and Innocence then you are the exact opposite of almost every Buffy fan. It's mind blowing! I don't know what you'll think of the rest of the series. Those two episode you liked were some of the lowest tier of quality for Buffy eps.

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #370
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
The stuntwoman will only bug you more as the show goes on. SMG gets thinner and thinner (Hollywood natch) but the stuntwoman stays the same.
I never noticed a stunt woman on my original watch and even after someone here commented I never noticed on my rewatch either.

- billypritchard
Old 07-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #371
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
I never noticed a stunt woman on my original watch and even after someone here commented I never noticed on my rewatch either.
I never paid it much attention on my original watch. After it was pointed out to me, it became more apparent, but still didn't merit enough attention to bother me at all.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #372
hummingbird_206

Quote:
I made it halfway through Innocence from the looks of it. I just got bored with Angel and Buffy. I'll probably finish it tonight. Maybe by the end I'll be into it more.

I see the actual last episode before those 2 was "Bad Eggs". Where the kids got eggs to take care of like they were infants. Then the eggs turned out to be "bad". I liked that episode too.
I'm a huge Buffy fan, but I hate the Buffy and Angel drama. Too much angst for me. I liked it when Angel went to his own show.
hummingbird_206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #373
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I guess I can handle some lovey dovey stuff. I haven't watched the most recent season of Vampire Diaries, but I never had an issue with that show. Smallville drove me nuts and Buffy/Angel's relationship makes my eyes roll.

I watched a couple more episodes last night and enjoyed them. I liked the one dealing with the werewolf in particular. Saw one where Buffy and Angel were fighting in catwalks of a burning building. So wanted Buffy to stake him, but obviously that isn't going to happen.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #374
john4200

Quote:
So wanted Buffy to stake him, but obviously that isn't going to happen.
So certain are you?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #375
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I just saw a cool Buffy/Angel interaction. I watched the episode where a student/teacher affair from 1955 and their ghosts were getting people killed. I thought the resolution with Buffy/Angel was pretty cool.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #376
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
I just saw a cool Buffy/Angel interaction. I watched the episode where a student/teacher affair from 1955 and their ghosts were getting people killed. I thought the resolution with Buffy/Angel was pretty cool.
If I recall the commentary from the DVD on that ep, that was when people began to realize Boreanaz had the acting chops to be the lead on his own show.
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:32 AM   #377
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I'm up around episode 10 in season 3 now. Show is definitely getting better during the 3rd season.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #378
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I've got just like 3 episodes left in season 3.

Saw a couple good episodes over the weekend. I really liked "Doppelgangland". The one where vampire Willow from another dimension shows up. I loved how they send her back and it just happens to be a split second before she gets staked.

Buffy and Angel's relationship doesn't bother me anymore. So, that is a good thing I guess.

Cordelia got really hot after the episode she fell through the stairs and stabbed in the gut by rebar.

The Mayor may be my favorite character in the show. He is like this dude with really evil ambitions, but he acts so nice.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #379
john4200

Quote:
The Mayor may be my favorite character in the show. He is like this dude with really evil ambitions, but he acts so nice.
Typical politician.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #380
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I'm now like 4 episodes into Buffy, The College Years. I'm enjoying the change so far. Loved probably the first ep of season 4 with Buffy's new college roommate. Their whole relationship was pretty great.

I have also been alternating in Angel season 1 episodes. There is not a ton of things that tie between the two, but I have noticed things. Like when Buffy gets a phone call where nobody speaks on the other end. Then you see an episode of Angel where he calls someone, you hear Buffy's voice and Angel hangs up.

I'm noticing that both Buffy and Angel are 16:9 on my HDTV starting this season. Apple TV still says it is standard def though. I'm curious if they started shooting the show in HD at this time or if this 16:9 image is achieved through cropping??
Old 07-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #381
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Are you watching via Netflix?

Buffy was framed for 4:3, but the cameras they use actually shoot a 16:9 image. Outside the US, the DVDs were released in 16:9 even though that's not the original aspect ratio. The versions that Netflix has are the 16:9 ones. This means on the right and left of the screen you are seeing more than what was in the original show. It was never shot in HD though.

There are a few times it causes things to be a little off, but unless someone had pointed it out to me and sent me a link to screenshots, I doubt I would have noticed.

I don't recall if Angel was 16:9 from the start but it was eventually.

- billypritchard
Old 07-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #382
Aero 1

Quote:

I have also been alternating in Angel season 1 episodes. There is not a ton of things that tie between the two, but I have noticed things. Like when Buffy gets a phone call where nobody speaks on the other end. Then you see an episode of Angel where he calls someone, you hear Buffy's voice and Angel hangs up.
since you just started seson 4, watch it in this order in order to get the crossovers timed correctly:

http://buffyfest.blogspot.com/2009/0...ing-guide.html

OTA | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | MLB.tv -
Aero 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #383
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
since you just started seson 4, watch it in this order in order to get the crossovers timed correctly:

http://buffyfest.blogspot.com/2009/0...ing-guide.html
That is weird. Someone else posted a different episode watching guide and it is way different than the one you linked to.

Here is the post from above.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...90#post9724890
Old 07-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #384
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
Are you watching via Netflix?
I am watching off Netflix streaming.

The first 3 seasons of Buffy were 4:3 aspect ratio. Season 4 started in 16:9. It was just weird to see it in 16:9, but still be listed as standard def. First season of Angel was 16:9 right off the bat.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #385
danterner
Not it!

Quote:

That is weird. Someone else posted a different episode watching guide and it is way different than the one you linked to.

Here is the post from above.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...90#post9724890
If I recall, some of the viewing order lists are optimized for continuity, while others are optimized to minimize DVD swapping.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #386
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post

If I recall, some of the viewing order lists are optimized for continuity, while others are optimized to minimize DVD swapping.
Yep, Aero's link says it is a disc swapping guide now that I read it.

I'll stick with the first guide linked.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #387
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I saw an episode today where everyone in town couldn't speak. These creepy guys would float around and cut out people's hearts. I thought this was a really great episode. Some of the most interesting bad guys I've ever seen.

Last edited by Hoffer : 07-20-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #388
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
I saw an episode today where everyone in town couldn't speak. These creepy guys would float around and cut out people's hearts. I thought this was a really great episode. Some of the most interest bad guys I've ever seen.
"Hush." The only episode of the series to be nominated for an Emmy award (for outstanding cinematography).
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #389
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
I saw an episode today where everyone in town couldn't speak. These creepy guys would float around and cut out people's hearts. I thought this was a really great episode. Some of the most interesting bad guys I've ever seen.
Probably my favorite of the series.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #390
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
That is an AMAZING episode. Legend has it that Joss was sick of all the talk about how the show had such great dialogue and wrote this episode to show it could be just as brilliant without the dialogue.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote