TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-12-2012, 04:22 AM   #1
replaytv
deadbeat doofus

breaking bad season 4

Just finished watching the fourth season after waiting 5 months for it from the public library. My significant other and I are crazy about it, and am sad to learn that season 5 is being broke up. So I guess we have to wait till the end of next summer for the DVDs?

I had to wait 4 months for the season 1 DVDs from the library. Now I want to watch it again and need to find a quicker but still free source of the Season 1.
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

Netflix streaming. $8.99 a month. Well worth it.
BlackBetty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
Hank
AC•FTW

Just be aware that the Season 1 episodes on Netflix are overly censored for language and nudity. I haven't re-watched other seasons on Netflix, but it's possible it extends past Season 1.
Hank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Just be aware that the Season 1 episodes on Netflix are overly censored for language and nudity. I haven't re-watched other seasons on Netflix, but it's possible it extends past Season 1.
Other than that one brief scene in the pilot with the girl in the window that Jesse jumped out of, has there ever been any other nudity on BB? I certainly don't remember any.

And the only reason I know about the aforementioned scene is because it's been brought up multiple times in discussions about the alleged censorship of the episodes. But I watched the original airing of the pilot on AMC and I don't remember any nudity, and they've always bleeped out some of the language on the AMC airings.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
Hank
AC•FTW

There are a couple of scenes inside a strip club, which when we watched on Netflix originally had no censorship at all, and there were plenty of things to censor in those scenes. What's odd is that those scenes, and the one you mention from Episode 1 aired on cable tv uncensored. Nobody really knows why they decided to censor the Netflix versions, but if you search for BB and netflix censorship, the internet is all up in arms over it (as they should be). The only way now to see the uncensored versions is to rent/buy the DVDs.

There's also one scene where Walter tells Gretchen "F*CK YOU" and that was bleeped out or dubbed. A lot of dialog was changed/censored in Season 1.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

For the OP, I would doubt that you'll have to wait until after the second half of S5 ends in order to get the DVDs of the first half of S5. If AMC follows the pattern they've followed in previous years, they'll likely release the DVD set of the first half of S5 shortly before the second half of S5 starts airing.

However, I have no idea when your local library will get them and when you'll be able to get them from the library.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Other than that one brief scene in the pilot with the girl in the window that Jesse jumped out of, has there ever been any other nudity on BB? I certainly don't remember any.
You don't remember Walt's butt? There was the supermarket but I think they showed it while he was in bed with Skylar a couple times.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #8
Hank
AC•FTW

Oh yeah, the Walts 50th birthday HJ/Skyler's Ebay auction scene was removed from Netflix.