TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
stev379

TiVo not recording FXX shows

How can I record the FXX shows?

As we know, shows like the League and It's always Sunny in Philidelphia have moved to FXX.

I adjusted my season pass and it did not record. I confirmed there were no conflicts and delete and reset that pass, but it didn't record again. I'm about 6 weeks in and nothing we've done, including power cycling everything has helped.

FXX is shown on my guide as channel 725 so I set it to record, but when I view the pass, it defaults that record to channel 5 and never records anything.

At this point, we planning on getting rid of the TiVo and going with something like Hulu. The channel change isn't TiVo's fault, but my friends and neighbors with regular Comcast DVR's have no trouble recording these same shows.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
stev379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
WhiskeyTango

Are you sure FXX is part of the package you have? It was a former sports channel and some providers left it in a higher tier.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
jjd_87

Yeah no problems here make sure you can actually watch this channel.
jjd_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

FXX was converted from Fox Sports, so in a lot of areas FXX is still part of the sports tier. If you don't subscribe to the sports tier then you may not have access to FXX.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #5
stev379

Can watch, catch record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
Are you sure FXX is part of the package you have? It was a former sports channel and some providers left it in a higher tier.
Yep. I can watch it. In my area, 725 is the FXX HD channel and if I watch it at anytime, it's available. I'm able to see any of the shows in question when they play as New or reruns.

Even when I set the TiVo for 725 in the season pass, then go back a moment later, it's reverted to channel 5, but shows the show names still. Then they don't record. I've moved these shows up to the top of the priority list in the Season Pass Mgr, but no luck. Every other channel records as expected.

If FXnetworks.com would post the full episodes, I'd be fine with going that route, but they only seem to post clips even of the current season.

Does anyone have a link to where the current season eps can be watched?
stev379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #6
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by stev379 View Post
Yep. I can watch it. In my area, 725 is the FXX HD channel and if I watch it at anytime, it's available. I'm able to see any of the shows in question when they play as New or reruns.

Even when I set the TiVo for 725 in the season pass, then go back a moment later, it's reverted to channel 5, but shows the show names still. Then they don't record. I've moved these shows up to the top of the priority list in the Season Pass Mgr, but no luck. Every other channel records as expected.

If FXnetworks.com would post the full episodes, I'd be fine with going that route, but they only seem to post clips even of the current season.

Does anyone have a link to where the current season eps can be watched?

Try this

Delete your current Season Pass

Remove channel 5 from your channel list

Through the guide, set up a one-time recording of a show on 725

Find that one-time recording in the To-Do List, select it, check that it's set to record on 725, set up Season Pass from there
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
unitron

Be suspicious of your Tuning Adapter if you have one.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
ahwman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stev379 View Post
How can I record the FXX shows?

As we know, shows like the League and It's always Sunny in Philidelphia have moved to FXX.

I adjusted my season pass and it did not record. I confirmed there were no conflicts and delete and reset that pass, but it didn't record again. I'm about 6 weeks in and nothing we've done, including power cycling everything has helped.

FXX is shown on my guide as channel 725 so I set it to record, but when I view the pass, it defaults that record to channel 5 and never records anything.

At this point, we planning on getting rid of the TiVo and going with something like Hulu. The channel change isn't TiVo's fault, but my friends and neighbors with regular Comcast DVR's have no trouble recording these same shows.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

I was having the same issue not being able to record It's always Sunny in Philadelphia on FXX, however there is a software fix coming that will solve this issue, so don't give up...
ahwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #9
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwman View Post
I was having the same issue not being able to record It's always Sunny in Philadelphia on FXX, however there is a software fix coming that will solve this issue, so don't give up...
What makes FXX different than say FX, that a software fix is needed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #10
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
What makes FXX different than say FX, that a software fix is needed?
I was wondering the same thing.

I can record Always Sunny just fine on my cable system. However I pay for the Sport tier. My Mom does not and she doesn't get FXX at her house.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

I do not subscribe to the Sports Pak, but for some reason all my TiVos have access to FXX, while my Cox HD STB does not. Lucky me

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #12
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
I do not subscribe to the Sports Pak, but for some reason all my TiVos have access to FXX, while my Cox HD STB does not. Lucky me
Yeah, on my cable system, for some reason, I get Reelz even tho I don't subscribe. Not much on it, but it's nice to get something "free"...

But that same cableco slotted FXX to the Sports & Info "premium" tier, and I refuse to shell out more $$ than I already am....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote