TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Walking Dead 12/2/12 "Made to Suffer"

They sure do go through black guys...Tyrese better watch his back!

Now, I'm a little confused. I'm almost positive that the Guv knows that Andrea and Daryl were part of the same group. Shouldn't he realize that Daryl's presence is going to have an impact on Andrea's thinking?

I'm a little surprised they never did a perimeter sweep of the prison and found that rather gaping hole in their defenses. Unless they went to the 24 school of hard perimeters...
Old 12-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
Zevida
witless and unarmed

I'm not sure the Governor is thinking so clearly.

When he was cradling his daughter and the glass was still sticking out of his eye!?! Eww!

Gotta say, Carl is really stepping up. I do not dislike him this season.

Andrea clearly will find herself in a pickle. She knows Darryl is a good guy. I'm guessing Darryl let himself be caught so he could find his way to Merle. His bad luck that was the moment when the Governor finds out Merle lied to him about Michonne and decides to sacrifice him. Oops, bad timing!

Good thing we got a few new people as we were running out of red shirts. Tough four isn't a lot. Hehe.

The wait until February will be brutal!!

Eta: besides, the Gov has Andrea wrapped around his finger. She'll believe almost anything he says in order to maintain the facade of safety that is Woodbury. He just has to say they were trying to steal and that Merle did it all on his own and she'll probably go along.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
Beryl

I actually felt sorry for Michonne when she asked to remain teamed up with Rick. Andrea is being lead around by something besides her brain and Michonne can't reach her.

As much as I despise Murl, I didn't like how the Governor did him. I hope the brothers get out of that pickle.

Little Carl is the man now. I loved how he looked at the mustached pervert Macking on the farmer's daughter. The latter calling Carol a lesbian because of her short hair made me laugh. I think his days are numbered.

We need new good guys so I'm glad the Tyreese character is onboard and has a girlfriend. Too bad the other woman got bit.

Loved Glenn's creativity making a weapon out of a bone.

The Governor should be glad all he lost was an eye.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Since I've not read the comics, I'm assuming correctly the Gov has an eye patch in the comics? Or is this a departure form the comics?

Never knew about Tyrese 'til today. Nice that Rick's group has some new people.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Loved the episode, but want to rewatch it to catch all the stuff I missed.

Glen making the weapon out of the walker's arm was awesome! And it was Maggie that used hers. They are a great team.

It was great to see Merle and Daryl in the ring together, but I wish they had said something to each other. I can see how Merle may either turn to Rick's camp or maybe even sacrifice himself so Daryl can get away (that is pure my own thinking no spoiler knowledge there).

I like that both Andrea and Michonne now know what was hidden in the Gov's room (oh and the scientist guy too (if he didn't know before). The glass in the eye was great!

One thing I will say for this show...I WHIZ thru the commercials. I mean, beep, beep, beep, beep...I am thru them. No pottie or snack breaks. It keeps me on the edge of my seat wanting more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"

Last edited by betts4 : 12-02-2012 at 10:58 PM.
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #6
mwhip
All better

Governor needed a scape goat but I am torn if Merle deserved to be it.

I kinda thought this is what they were setting up a war between the two camps. Should be interesting come February.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #7
SocratesJohnson

I guess there's just a limit on how far you can go on cable tv, but the Governor seems pretty tame compared to the comic version.
SocratesJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #8
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocratesJohnson View Post
I guess there's just a limit on how far you can go on cable tv, but the Governor seems pretty tame compared to the comic version.
But maybe he just needed some motivation.....and now he has it
Old 12-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #9
Roadblock

Michonne sure handled that fight with the Governor poorly. I get why they did it this way, but it was hard for me to believe she wouldn't have killed him there.
Roadblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #10
Roommate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
Governor needed a scape goat but I am torn if Merle deserved to be it.
Remember, Merle swore to the governor that Michonne was dead. Then she shows up, (re)kills his daughter, and stabs him in the eye. Merle obviously lied to him, so as far as he knows Merle *is* working with the group.
Roommate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #11
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roommate View Post
Remember, Merle swore to the governor that Michonne was dead. Then she shows up, (re)kills his daughter, and stabs him in the eye. Merle obviously lied to him, so as far as he knows Merle *is* working with the group.
Except from Andrea, he surely knows "the group" isn't like that...

I think one thing this show suffer from (more than most shows) is that the writers get locked into a certain way of thinking about characters and events, and fail to see how things are going to look for the audience. As a result, sometimes motivations get muddled.

That said, I will say that regardless of any problems, I do like this show, and more this season than in the past.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #12
Vendikarr

I have a different theory about Merle.

Yes the Governor is pissed at him, but when they caught Daryl, he decided to stage the events in the pit, to set Merle up as the inside man in Rick's camp.

He will allow them to escape, even if it costs him a few more bodies, simply because he doesn't want these neighbors so close. He'll lose his control over some of the citizens of Woodbury if they think they can be safer at the prison.

When the Governor is through using Merle, then he will kill him.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #13
dthmj
Hinky

I finally got caught up. We watched most of the first season (all except the season finale) just in time for the second season. But then we got busy and never picked it back up.

Until around Thanksgiving - I started watching the second season - and continued on with the third season.

I'm mostly watching it by myself - but I'm not a suspense/horror type - so I frequently scream out loud - driving my family bonkers. I make some one stay up with me when I'm watching it late. Like last night - it was 11 before I was done with it - then I had to watch something "happier" - so we watched Nashville. It was midnight before I went to bed.

Anyway - enjoying the show. Daryl and Carol are two of my favorite. I loved the lesbian exchange. I was completely over Shane and cheered when he died. I didn't have as much hate for Lori - so sorry to see her go.

I noticed last night when they were talking about the baby's formula they said they had enough for "another month". I thought that baby was probably less than a week old.

Time is all fluxy in Zombie land... Which - I notice they have never called them "zombies" - each group seems to have their own name for them - walkers, biters - seems there was another name...

- Gaming Blog

- My brand new personal blog!
dthmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #14
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthmj View Post
I noticed last night when they were talking about the baby's formula they said they had enough for "another month". I thought that baby was probably less than a week old.
Pretty sure that Hershall said "a month's worth" not "another"

I thought Carl was a little too gung-ho about trying to get more formula. Give your Dad and gang a week to get back at the longest, not just 1 day!!!

Love that Cutty from The Wire is on the show now

MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #15
BradJW

dthmj, I'm the same way. Walking Dead can not be the last thing I watch before going to bed. Normally I watch Homeland afterwards. Once when I realized it was too late to watch walking dead and then something else after, I put off walking dead until the next day.

Can't go to bed with zombies on the brain!
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #16
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendikarr View Post

Yes the Governor is pissed at him, but when they caught Daryl, he decided to stage the events in the pit, to set Merle up as the inside man in Rick's camp.

He will allow them to escape, even if it costs him a few more bodies, simply because he doesn't want these neighbors so close. He'll lose his control over some of the citizens of Woodbury if they think they can be safer at the prison.

This clicks with me. It also accounts for Müel's reaction. He might be in agreement with that plan and Daryl is like, "I hope I can talk some sense into my crazy brother. "
Old 12-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #17
BrettStah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendikarr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
This clicks with me. It also accounts for Müel's reaction. He might be in agreement with that plan and Daryl is like, "I hope I can talk some sense into my crazy brother. "
You both must have missed the governor talking to Merle there in the pit, just loud enough for Merle to hear him - something like, "You wanted your brother, well now you have him!".

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
BrettStah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #18
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJW View Post
dthmj, I'm the same way. Walking Dead can not be the last thing I watch before going to bed. Normally I watch Homeland afterwards. Once when I realized it was too late to watch walking dead and then something else after, I put off walking dead until the next day.

Can't go to bed with zombies on the brain!
Homeland may be as bad. I usually watch The Simpson's after Walking Dead.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #19
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post

Love that Cutty from The Wire is on the show now
Black male on Walking Dead = walking dead.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #20
Shaunnick

The sad thing is, when a black male actor on the show sees a new black male actor brought on set, they now know to update their resume.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #21
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
Michonne sure handled that fight with the Governor poorly. I get why they did it this way, but it was hard for me to believe she wouldn't have killed him there.
No kidding!!! He is on the ground and she has her sword in hand. Should she just stab him or or maybe take off his head?

No, she jumps on top of him and tries and choke him out with the handle.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #22
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

Still think Daryl is going to kill Muriel.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #23
BradJW

Nothing is bad as Zombies before bed. Although last night's homeland was not the best for calming nerves before sleeping.

And walking dead last night - man the commercials were bad. Lots of scary movies advertised. I don't like scary!
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #24
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
Misspelling Mewel's name is my favorite new meme.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #25
Hank
AC•FTW

And Derrill, too.

BTW, I do believe that's how Merrell actually pronounced it in the show last night.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #26
Barmat

Quote:
Time is all fluxy in Zombie land... Which - I notice they have never called them "zombies" - each group seems to have their own name for them - walkers, biters - seems there was another name...
Kirkman has said in this universe there were no zombie movies, comics, legends. No rules to how to kill or become a zombie.
Barmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #27
crazywater
USS TiVo NCC-1780

And so it appears that maybe the doctor was right about the walkers brains retaining memories because of the way the Gov's daughter reacted to the music and the bowl of whatever that was...

HR20-700
HR22-100
HR24-500
Pioneer DVR-810H
Sony SVR-3000 235hr
crazywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #28
dthmj
Hinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywater View Post
And so it appears that maybe the doctor was right about the walkers brains retaining memories because of the way the Gov's daughter reacted to the music and the bowl of whatever that was...
I thought the bowl was raw meat (or brains!) of some sort - and she wasn't reacting to him at all - all she wanted was what was in the bowl - which made him sad.

- Gaming Blog

- My brand new personal blog!
dthmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #29
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
I thought the bowl was raw meat (or brains!) of some sort - and she wasn't reacting to him at all - all she wanted was what was in the bowl - which made him sad.
That is how I saw it too. It was just a bowl of something she wanted to eat.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #30
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywater View Post
Although that was made fairly clear (to us, anyway) in one of the very first episodes, when Original Black Guy (who didn't die! That we know of...)'s wife reacted to being at her front door.

They haven't done anything with it since the, though, until now.