TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
gamo62

PremiereXL and Cincinnati Bell FiOptic Digital TV

I recently swapped from my TivoHD to PremiereXL, and have had a heck of a time getting these folks at CinBellTel to get it working. They added a few HD channels a couple of months back, and those don't show up. Today, they added about 10 more and those aren't showing up as well. In fact the HDNet channels were moved and actually work in their new location.

According to their tech support folks, the card seems to be provisioned correctly. They have the right HostID, and CC info from the actual cablecard. (Different from the CC number on the Tivo diag screen.)

I also have HBO, and there was a provisioning problem with that as well. It now works, but the others still do not.

When I got the Premiere, I took the CC and put it in. With the exception of HBO and a few HD channels it worked fine. I don't know where else to what else to have them try. Any suggestions from CC experts out there?
gamo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
dlramsey

You might try going through the steps in this article--it might help you better understand and/or communicate the problem to Cincinnati Bell.

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...gchannelissues
dlramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
gamo62

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlramsey View Post
You might try going through the steps in this article--it might help you better understand and/or communicate the problem to Cincinnati Bell.

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...gchannelissues
I had two people from FiOptic at our place for 2.5 hours trying to get the newly added HD channels up and operational. They swapped cable cards, unpaired and repaired, changed tiers, instant hit and so on with no luck. None of the newly added channels work. They seem to think that it's a tuning issue with the PremiereXL. Those new channels are in the 1ghz range. (Does anyone here know what the tuning range of the XL is?)

So. The engineers are going to go out and buy a PremiereXL and troubleshoot it. They currently have an S3 and it works fine. I have no idea what's going on. Perhaps I have a bad box? Anyone else here on FiOptic using a Premiere/XL that can actually get the newly added channels? Or are you in the same boat? Thanks.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
BuckeyeGuy

It is probably a 1Ghz issue. Even if you use their box you have to have one of the newer models to get the new channels.

I have an S3 can cannot get channels over 860Mhz. Tivo says that none of their DVRs support channels over 860 but i would be surprised if it didn't' work with a Premier.

Maybe you have an 860 splitter or something that is causing the problem. You could try one of their STBs and see if the channels work.
BuckeyeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:12 AM   #5
gamo62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeGuy View Post
It is probably a 1Ghz issue. Even if you use their box you have to have one of the newer models to get the new channels.

I have an S3 can cannot get channels over 860Mhz. Tivo says that none of their DVRs support channels over 860 but i would be surprised if it didn't' work with a Premier.

Maybe you have an 860 splitter or something that is causing the problem. You could try one of their STBs and see if the channels work.
Well, I ended up sending the PXL back, and continued to use the THD. I am able to get all of the channels with the THD. Perhaps the THD can support channels over 1gz? If that is the case, why would the PXL's not support the higher freqs?

I can't see TiVo lowering the range on their new systems.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
jhauser77

Working.

Cincinnati Bell Fipotics.
Tivo Premier.

YOU DO HAVE TO SETUP TO A NEW CABLE PROVIDER. We may have been have been getting channels with first M card but we didn't know to to reset the channel guide.
Whoops. We tried 3 cards before we figured it out.
jhauser77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
gamo62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhauser77 View Post
Working.

Cincinnati Bell Fipotics.
Tivo Premier.

YOU DO HAVE TO SETUP TO A NEW CABLE PROVIDER. We may have been have been getting channels with first M card but we didn't know to to reset the channel guide.
Whoops. We tried 3 cards before we figured it out.
So. How much are you paying for your cable card?
Old 11-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #8
kyfalcon

gamo62,

What are the CCI bits set to on the HD channels for fioptics?

Thx,
Kevin
kyfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #9
gamo62

With the exception of the Premium channels they are all set to 0x00. Which means you can use MRV, and Tivo2Go as well.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #10
gamo62

Here's a question for Cincinnati Bell Fioptics customers with a Scientific Atlanta Powerkey cable card.

We recently had 5 HD channels added, and I am unable to receive three of the channels. Two of the three have another channel on the same freq, and when those channels were authorized, they come right up. Here is the list and corresponding frequencies:

515 - 849 Mhz Hub HD
558 - 951 Mhz Bet HD
581 - 927 Mhz OWN HD

We have tried switching cable cards, and the not authorized message shows up.

This is on Cincinnati Bell Fioptic using a Multi Stream SA Powerkey.

Anyone else here who has Fioptics having this issue with these channels?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
CintiDave

Angry Cincinnati Bell Fioptics Switched Digital ??

Over the past few months I've been losing HD channels on my S3 with 2 cable cards, to the point that now nearly half no longer work - screen is black but signal strength is strong. Cincinnati bell support is useless - only a call center that says they don't support tivo/cable cards eventhough they supplied the cards and so far no way to contact real tech support.

I talked to Tivo and they are saying it sounds like SDV is being used and I need a tuning adapter (been there with TW) but Cincinnati Bell knows nothing about this and I keep hitting dead ends.

Anyone else running into this? I'd hate to go back to TW but I don't know that I have a choice at this point. thanks!
CintiDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #12
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeGuy View Post

Tivo Premiere's do support 1 GHz because we have Cox in Omaha Nebraska and they put some Hd channels in the 1GHz and the Premiere can tune them.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #13
mbarcus

Did you ever get this worked out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CintiDave View Post
Over the past few months I've been losing HD channels on my S3 with 2 cable cards, to the point that now nearly half no longer work - screen is black but signal strength is strong. Cincinnati bell support is useless - only a call center that says they don't support tivo/cable cards eventhough they supplied the cards and so far no way to contact real tech support.

I talked to Tivo and they are saying it sounds like SDV is being used and I need a tuning adapter (been there with TW) but Cincinnati Bell knows nothing about this and I keep hitting dead ends.

Anyone else running into this? I'd hate to go back to TW but I don't know that I have a choice at this point. thanks!

mbarcus is offline   Reply With Quote