TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
bryhamm
randomize

Survivor 12/5/12

Wow, malcolm has no idea how lucky he just got.

Probably the best move to get rid of Carter. Abi is in a good spot to be brought to 3rd.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan

Last edited by bryhamm : 12-05-2012 at 08:11 PM.
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

From the previews last week I thought they made it look like Malcolm's brother said something to jeopardize his game. I admit I multitask, so did I miss it or did the editors really fool me (as well as others)?

S2 526 HR - Lifetime
Premiere XL4 300 HR - Lifetime

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
jay_man2
jay_man-also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einselen View Post
From the previews last week I thought they made it look like Malcolm's brother said something to jeopardize his game. I admit I multitask, so did I miss it or did the editors really fool me (as well as others)?
I thought so too.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
I love how Probst hates Abi. She's not even a good villain because she's so self unaware. She's not trying to be evil. She's just mean.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
You didn't miss anything... the preview sequence stitched together the shot of them chatting with Probst before the reward challenge and then the scene of Malcolm talking on the boat after they'd already won and gone back to camp just talking about what a goofball his brother is.

The brother got like 0 screen time back at camp other than the 5 seconds or so they showed him talking about touching his nipples at a bar or something.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
dfergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
I love how Probst hates Abi. She's not even a good villain because she's so self unaware. She's not trying to be evil. She's just mean.
I wish they would have snuffed her torch instead of Carters, Malcolm did dodge a bullet with "Blair" having a revelation thanks to him...
dfergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #7
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Interesting that Abi didn't even really try to win Immunity challenge. Or at least try very hard.

Also interesting that Malcolm didn't pick his buddy Denise to be able to have her husband stay over. It was a smart move to give Lisa her brother but I wondered about why Skupin instead of Denise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #8
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
She's definitely not self aware. At TC Denise said that Abi is causing all kinds of tension, and Abi gets this look on her face like, "Who? Me?" and says that she doesn't cause any tension. Can she really be that clueless?
Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Also interesting that Malcolm didn't pick his buddy Denise to be able to have her husband stay over. It was a smart move to give Lisa her brother but I wondered about why Skupin instead of Denise.
I think there are two things at play there. First, I think Malcolm realizes that Denise is well liked by everyone, is very well spoken, and would be incredibly difficult to beat in the finals. Second, Malcolm said in this episode that he was trying to reward Skupin and Lisa for sticking with the alliance when they easily could have flipped last time and kept Penner in the game.

I think we discussed it in an earlier thread, but with the jury starting at 11, I'm pretty sure it will be a final two this year rather than a final three. It's definitely going to be interesting to see how things play out, because with 5 left, Abi suddenly has all kinds of power to decide how the final four breaks up.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #9
LordKronos

Quote:
Yeah, you missed the fact that the previews blatently lie (and have done this for a LONG time). Remember a few weeks ago, after Skupin turned on Abi, and Lisa wanted to turn on her but still voted with Abi anyway? Remember the previews made it look like next week Lisa was contemplating remaining loyal to Abi? They played the clip where Lisa was just totally unsure and stressing out saying "Breaking up with Abi is hard to do"? Yeah, absolutely nothing of the sort happened in that next episode. It was quite the opposite...the usually-wishy-washy Lisa was actually pretty resolute about leaving Abi.
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #10
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
She's definitely not self aware. At TC Denise said that Abi is causing all kinds of tension, and Abi gets this look on her face like, "Who? Me?" and says that she doesn't cause any tension. Can she really be that clueless?
She's not clueless. She's just too honest. You know, she's totally honest. Haven't we just heard over and over from her about how nobody likes her because she's honest. You know, like when Abi accused RC of backstabbing her over secretly looking for the idol while the idol was actually secretly in Abi's posession the whole time? You know...honest. Honest, honest, honest.

WTF girl, do you actually need to be taught what the word "honest" means?
Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #11
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Malcolm comparing Abi to a Dementor was simply awesome.

Dalton's recap - http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...ode-12-carter/

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #12
LordKronos

Quote:
I think we discussed it in an earlier thread, but with the jury starting at 11, I'm pretty sure it will be a final two this year rather than a final three.
I haven't had time to read a lot of threads this season, so I missed that, but that would make sense, and it would explain the thing I was just going to post about. We have 5 people left. Usually we eliminate 2 people in the finale, so that would have made the finale this Sunday (since I was expecting a final 3). But we actually have another Wednesday episode before the finale. That means the finale starts with 4 people. A final 2 makes sense.

So, options for a final 2. Maybe no matter who it is,they could bring Abi with them to the finale. Then, since the vote would a slam dunk (only Artis and Pete might vote for her, and I get the impression Pete didn't even really like her much...just tolerated her since it gave him numbers), the soon-to-be-winner could just use his/her opening speach to demolish Abi. Then the jurors could one by one use their Q & A time to simply demolish Abi (and put Artis last, so that by the time it gets to him he'll be peer-pressured into demolishing her too). Then at the reunion, Jeff could say "before I read the votes" and then just spend a few minutes demolishing Abi.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #13
LifeIsABeach

Quote:
Well, at one point last night Malcom said something like, "My brother talks a lot and his talking could jeopardize my game". Even though the brother never actually said anything bad I guess they extrapolated that into the preview.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #14
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Interesting that Abi didn't even really try to win Immunity challenge. Or at least try very hard.
I guess that was part of her master plan. After all she even convinced herself she had the idol, no reason to try to win one
Old 12-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #15
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Malcolm comparing Abi to a Dementor was simply awesome.
I loved that comparison too.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #16
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
Well, at one point last night Malcom said something like, "My brother talks a lot and his talking could jeopardize my game". Even though the brother never actually said anything bad I guess they extrapolated that into the preview.
Yes, I remember him saying that, and in the previews the week before (if I recall) didn't Jeff say something like one loved one will have a big effect on the game or something like that and they pan to Malcom's brother? Turned out it was really Lisa's brother who laid out the plan for Lisa to try and get Malcom out of the game.

Survivor used to be fairly good about not playing these types of games with the audience, but this year I noticed this has changed a lot. There have been a few of these misdirection games, as well as too many reveals during previews and commercials. I think it's taken a LOT away from my viewing experience.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #17
stark

Lisa and Skupin were all ready to vote out Malcolm before he won immunity. Why didn't they vote out Denise?

That would take away Malcolm's biggest asset other than the Hidden Immunity Idol.
stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #18
laria
Librocubicularist

They thought Carter was a bigger physical threat to keep winning immunity. The only thing that I can think other than that is that they think Denise is less likeable to the jury members than Carter.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #19
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

At least Lisa didn't tell everyone about her failed plan at tribal, I was almost expecting her to.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #20
jradosh
Newlywed

So, was Abi's horrible performance at the IC all a part of her scheme to convince people that she had the 4th HII?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #21
tiams

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post

Survivor used to be fairly good about not playing these types of games with the audience, but this year I noticed this has changed a lot. There have been a few of these misdirection games, as well as too many reveals during previews and commercials. I think it's taken a LOT away from my viewing experience.
In the first season they purposely doctored a shot of an upcoming tribal council and put it in the previews. It showed a final 4 sitting there that was different from what actually happened.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #22
VegasVic
Craps Player

It certainly appears as if there will be a final 2, which would be great. Otherwise either next Wednesday no one will be voted out and 2 voted out during the 2 hour finale. Or, if someone is voted out Wednesday then only one gets eliminated in 2 hours next Sunday. Either way that would suck. I've always hated a final 3.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #23
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
The finale is on 12/16. So they have a chance to eliminate someone next Wednesday to get it down to 4. Then they can eliminate 1 or 2 in the first hour of the finale. Final 2 or 3 is still possible. I wouldn't assume anything.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #24
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

In the Jeff Probst interview, regarding the makeup of the final TC, he makes an offhand comment
Spoiler:
referencing the "final three". For whatever that's worth.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #25
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
The finale is on 12/16. So they have a chance to eliminate someone next Wednesday to get it down to 4. Then they can eliminate 1 or 2 in the first hour of the finale. Final 2 or 3 is still possible. I wouldn't assume anything.
I don't think they'd have a final three with a jury of 8. It's too easy for a jury of 8 to tie.*

*Yes, it's also also possible for 9 people to tie (when there are three people to vote for), but the chances are much slimmer.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #26
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
They could make Wednesday's episode a 3 part challenge, and not eliminate anyone. I'd be surprised if there's a final 2, even though I like that a LOT better. I think the days of final 2's are over. It's got to be at least 5 seasons since the last one, right?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #27
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Here's the breakdown of how many were on the jury and in the finals in previous seasons:

Code:
	Total	No. on	No. of		Final
Season	Start	Jury	Finalists	Vote
1	16	7	2		4-3
2	16	7	2		4-3
3	16	7	2		5-2
4	16	7	2		4-3
5	16	7	2		4-3
6	16	7	2		6-1
7	16	7	2		6-1
8	18	7	2		4-3
9	18	7	2		5-2
10	20	7	2		6-1
11	18	7	2		6-1
12	16	7	2		5-2
13	20	9	3		5-4-0
14	19	9	3		9-0-0
15	16	7	3		4-2-1
16	20	8	2		5-3
17	18	7	3		4-3-0
18	16	7	2		7-0
19	20	9	3		7-2-0
20	20	9	3		6-3-0
21	20	9	3		5-4-0
22	18	9	3		8-1-0
23	18	9	3		6-3-0
24	18	9	3		7-2-0
25	18	?	?		?
There's only been one time where they had an even number on the jury.

Last edited by DevdogAZ : 12-07-2012 at 12:40 PM.
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #28
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Here's the breakdown of how many were on the jury and in the finals in previous seasons:

Code:
	Total	No. on	No. of 
Season	Start	Jury	Finalists
1	16	7	2
2	16	7	2
3	16	7	2
4	16	7	2
5	16	7	2
6	16	7	2
7	16	7	2
8	18	7	9
9	18	7	2
10	20	7	2
11	18	7	2
12	16	7	2
13	20	9	3
14	19	9	3
15	16	7	3
16	20	8	2
17	18	7	3
18	16	7	2
19	20	9	3
20	20	9	3
21	20	9	3
22	18	9	3
23	18	9	3
24	18	9	3
25	18	?	?
There's only been one time where they had an even number on the jury.
Wow, 9 finalists in S8, I don't remember that!! <I'm sure that's a typo>

So we haven't had a final 2 since season 18.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #29
laria
Librocubicularist

I hate the 3 finalist things... there's always someone that no one votes for.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #30
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Wow, 9 finalists in S8, I don't remember that!! <I'm sure that's a typo>
Yep, it was a typo. Fixed.