TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
maltbyman

iTunes 11 doesn't work with Mac TiVo Desktop

Hello, newbie here but longtime TiVo user (10 years this Xmas!).

So, I installed iTunes 11 and it has busted TiVo Desktop's ability to access my music and photos on my iMac, running 1.95a (NEW - oh yeah, 2009 new).

After a lengthy web chat with a TiVo tech support rep (who seemed fairly knowledgeable) and at his request, I turned off the firewall and checked again - still I cannot access my music and photos through my iMac.

Any ideas?

I can remove iTunes 11 and go back to iTunes 10.6.something but would prefer not too, Apple needed an extreme iTunes makeover and iTunes 11 is it.

This has worked since I bought this iMac in July 2009. Must mention that I'm running 10.7.5 (Snow Leopard, have not yet made the Lion leap).
maltbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #2
Arcady
Stargate Fan

TiVo will probably need to update something to make it work with iTunes 11.

10.7.5 is Lion. (10.6.X is Snow Leopard.)

I can't run iTunes 11on my Mac, because I am still on Leopard (10.5) which is stupid since iTunes 11 runs on Windows XP. I don't use Apple software on my Windows 7 box.
Slingbox M1

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #3
maltbyman

Sorry, I am running Lion 10.7.5 and apparently iTunes 11 is incompatible with Tivo Desktop 1.95a.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #4
Arcady
Stargate Fan

I put in an incident report with TiVo to see if they have any idea when/if they will update TiVo Desktop for iTunes 11. (They don't even officially support 10.7/10.8 yet, so I wouldn't hold my breath.)
Slingbox M1

Old 12-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
Arcady
Stargate Fan

FWIW, here's the response I received from TiVo about the issue:

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I would be glad to help you with your TiVo Desktop inquiry. At this time, we are aware of the issue and are currently investigating it. At this time do not have an ETA on when this will be updated in compatibility. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

We thank you for being a dedicated TiVo customer and encourage you to contact us again if further questions or concerns arise.

So, if it is something simple, I would expect them to fix it fairly quickly. If it requires a re-write, it could take a long, long time.
Slingbox M1

Old 12-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #6
maltbyman

Thanks Arcady! They should definitely be aware of the issue since I walked through all their debugging step by step to prove the defect.