Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #31
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post

Why would they have to tell her? They've done that for as long as I can remember.
Because she's a dummy.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #32
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoelH View Post
I have to say that Lisa ticked me off a little last night. After Carter bought the item that could be traded for rice and beans for the tribe (very noble of him), he started bidding on the next item and Lisa started bidding against him (and outbid him - he ran out of money to go up against her). The dude just gave up his money for the team's reward and you want to screw him out of a reward just for himself? I thought that was mean. He should have been able to pick up that item for $20. (I reserve the right to take back this statement if editing played some part in that not really being the very next auctioned item.)
I thought the exact same thing & agree 1000%.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #33
wendiness1
WiiMomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoelH View Post
I have to say that Lisa ticked me off a little last night. After Carter bought the item that could be traded for rice and beans for the tribe (very noble of him), he started bidding on the next item and Lisa started bidding against him (and outbid him - he ran out of money to go up against her). The dude just gave up his money for the team's reward and you want to screw him out of a reward just for himself? I thought that was mean. He should have been able to pick up that item for $20. (I reserve the right to take back this statement if editing played some part in that not really being the very next auctioned item.)
Yep. I thought so, too.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #34
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family View Post
I say it goes as far as instructing others to let her have it.
You saw the black helicopters, too?

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #35
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
You saw the black helicopters, too?
+1
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #36
pmyers

btw..LOVED Malcom's summation of Abi as the ex-girlfriend!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #37
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Why would they have to tell her? They've done that for as long as I can remember.
What if she doesn't know or doesn't remember that there is sometimes an advantage to be bought? What if she gets caught up in a bidding war over food before the advantage is offered and spends too much money? The producers want to take the what ifs out of the equation, so they tell her "save your money and buy the advantage".
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #38
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

one plausible explanation (more plausible than Abi being smart or the producers rigging the game) is that the other 6 discussed the advantage and decided Abi posed no risk even with the advantage. Abi overheard and decided to go for it.

The producers then did not include those discussions to maintain the drama.

The producers then proceeded to rig the challenge to give Abi the best possible chance of winning
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #39
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Yeah, but I doubt that she would have won something that not only had a clue to another HII (which she was trying to make it seem) but also an advantage in the IC. No way would they do both of those.
When I saw the challenge, I said, "no way she can win; she's better off not using the advantage in the challenge, as doing so would undermine her immunity idol deception."

Then she proceeded to win...
Old 11-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #40
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

I loved Penner shouting out "DENISE" when he was voting, that was awesome, silly, but awesome.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #41
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
At this point, I think the smart thing to do would be to take Abi with you to the finals. Malcolm and Denise are going to have to turn on each other at some point. Neither one wants to be up against the other in the finals.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #42
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
At this point, I think the smart thing to do would be to take Abi with you to the finals. Malcolm and Denise are going to have to turn on each other at some point. Neither one wants to be up against the other in the finals.
I agree. I still think Penner probably would have gone home this week even if Abi hadn't won, because people want (gamewise) to take her with them to the finale.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #43
greggt007

my tivo cut it out for some reason, but what were the other two questions probst asked at the challenge?
greggt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #44
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggt007 View Post
my tivo cut it out for some reason, but what were the other two questions probst asked at the challenge?
Your Tivo didn't cut out it. They didn't show it.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #45
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
I wonder if Abi got a talking to over her social media activity.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #46
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post

I can't stand Abi, but she was the only one smart enough to realize there could be help at the auction and saved her money. Hopefully no one is dumb enough to believe the "second note" scam.
Whether she was smart enough to figure it out on her own or not, I can't believe the others didn't figure out that it would be there and one of them needed to buy it--especially Penner and Carter.

The second note scam would be a good excuse for someone to begin to plan on going to the end with Abi. As far as Abi thinking she could win, she probably does, but if she goes to the end she will win more $$ than if she goes now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
I'd go so far as to say the "third stage" of the challenge was probably changed to make it easier for her. Why the first two stages were "tether to the rope, navigate the maze" and the last was simply "untie knots"? How easy would it be for the producers to make her knots easier to untie? Conspiracy I tell ya!
I don't know about that, but doesn't each stage of this kind of challenge usually get harder instead of easier? Plus we had the same kind of challenge last week, and they said it was because they ran out of planned challenges or something. That happened again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterMurph View Post
When I saw the challenge, I said, "no way she can win; she's better off not using the advantage in the challenge, as doing so would undermine her immunity idol deception."

Yeah, I though maybe she would not even use it and then claim to have an idol. But Jeff didn't even give her that option.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #47
greggt007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
Your Tivo didn't cut out it. They didn't show it.
i know. they have time to show 7 species of snakes but not the questions or negotiating at the auction.
greggt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #48
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Whether she was smart enough to figure it out on her own or not, I can't believe the others didn't figure out that it would be there and one of them needed to buy it--especially Penner and Carter.

There may have been someone else ready to bid on the advantage but Abi bid so fast and for the full amount of money that there wasn't anyway for anyone to outbid her at that point.

Was there a bid on letters from home? Don't they usually have those during the auction as well. I may not have been paying attention but I definitely missed it if it was there.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #49
pmyers

Latest Ponderosa clip:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/vi...-jonathan-pt-1
Old 11-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #50
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggt007 View Post
Here is the deleted scenes

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/vi...-questions-2-3

(I get these from "liking" on Facebook)
Old 11-30-2012, 06:14 AM   #51
Hcour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einselen View Post
Regarding the preview for next week:

Spoiler:
What did Malcolm brother say?
Spoiler:
I thought he said something insulting about someone's looks, something along the lines of "He's weird-looking...", or some such. I may be wrong, but that was the impression I got.

Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #52
VegasVic
Craps Player

Yeah maybe I missed something too but they showed the letters in the tree mail and then they were never discussed again. Kind of odd. This is a hard one to predict. I don't see Malcolm or Mike having many (or any) jury enemies. Abi hates Denise but otherwise I don't see anyone else hating her. Lisa doesn't really have any enemies either. It's pretty wide open at this point.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #53
pendragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
Wow... second TC in a row Jeff is digging deep into the wounds of the players to get an emotional reaction (tears). I didn't mind so much with Abi, but I thought he should have left well enough alone with Lisa What's to be gained by exposing her personal issues outside of the game? I really thought that was over the top exploitive.
I agree. Last week I was willing to overlook it because I felt Abi had brought it all on herself. This week, I thought Jeff was way out of line bringing up Lisa's incredibly recent divorce. And when she told him she didn't want to talk about it he asked another question. Bad form. I'm a big fan of Probst's, but I couldn't give him a pass on that.

tk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #54
pendragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
Yeah maybe I missed something too but they showed the letters in the tree mail and then they were never discussed again. Kind of odd. This is a hard one to predict. I don't see Malcolm or Mike having many (or any) jury enemies. Abi hates Denise but otherwise I don't see anyone else hating her. Lisa doesn't really have any enemies either. It's pretty wide open at this point.
I don't think they were letters from home. I think it was each person's purse with their $500 in it.

tk

pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #55
VegasVic
Craps Player

Ah that would explain it
Old 11-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #56
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterMurph View Post

How would that deception work? They think she has an idol, so they split the votes 3-3 for her and someone else (they have to find out who she's voting for and make sure they vote for someone different). Then, she wouldn't have an idol to play so they re-vote and she's gone. How is that possibly more of an advantage to her than her using the advantage to try and win the immunity challenge?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I don't know about that, but doesn't each stage of this kind of challenge usually get harder instead of easier? Plus we had the same kind of challenge last week, and they said it was because they ran out of planned challenges or something. That happened again?
I think last week it may have been a fallback position, but this week it was definitely planned. They always have a multi-stage challenge after the auction, and the advantage that is bought at the auction is always a pass to the final round, so this one had to be planned.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #57
LlamaLarry

I was pretty sure that one of the characters used to utter "Go suck an egg" (one of the first banned phrases in my house as a kid) but can find no evidence to support that.

I am with TB that Abi is a little blabby on FB.

Lisa said on Twitter that the there were additional items won that did not make the cut including food for the blonde guy, so she was not just a complete wench that stole food from him after he took one from the team.
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #58
Kablemodem
Get the ketchup.

There should be a 24 hour Survivor channel so we can see everything that happens.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #59
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablemodem View Post
There should be a 24 hour Survivor channel so we can see everything that happens.
But, but, in previous seasons it seems there has been sex involved.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:34 AM   #60
veruca salt
I want it NOW!!

Well, call me an idiot. I haven't missed a single episode of Survivor and I never realized that there is always an advantage at the auction.
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote