TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
newsposter
Poster of News

pc to tivo but not back..why?

ive never had the need to go from tivo to PC but just noticed so many things cannot be transferred back with pytivo. there are things that i've uploaded from PC to tivo that definitely arent copy protected and maybe there are a few that potentially could be, but even when i look at some of them, there doesnt appear to be a reason why some are marked not transferable. shouldnt anything that originates at PC be movable back

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
moyekj

pyTivo "pushes" go through mind.tivo.com server and are flagged as copy-protected. The traditional pyTivo "pulls" (which are transfers initiated from TiVo) are not flagged as copy-protected.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
xberk

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
pyTivo "pushes" go through mind.tivo.com server and are flagged as copy-protected. The traditional pyTivo "pulls" (which are transfers initiated from TiVo) are not flagged as copy-protected.
I was wondering about this myself. Just did some "pushes" of home video to TIVO and noticed I can't even transfer them to my other TIVO. Is there some work around when you "push" with pyTIVO to make sure they don't get flagged?
xberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by xberk View Post
I was wondering about this myself. Just did some "pushes" of home video to TIVO and noticed I can't even transfer them to my other TIVO. Is there some work around when you "push" with pyTIVO to make sure they don't get flagged?
No workaround short of using "pull" instead. Note that if you have more than 1 Series 4 unit MRS can be used to stream these copy-protected programs between them.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
i'm revisting this now and need a clarification:

if i record something OTA onto tivo, then use my laptop to pull it to the laptop it creates a .tivo file if i'm correct (not home now)

i tried sending that from the laptop to tivo with pytivo and it wont work

but are you saying if i pull that from tivo thru my movies it will work?

must remember to try this tonight

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
i'm revisting this now and need a clarification:

if i record something OTA onto tivo, then use my laptop to pull it to the laptop it creates a .tivo file if i'm correct (not home now)

i tried sending that from the laptop to tivo with pytivo and it wont work
If you are talking about "pushes" initiated from pyTivo web server it will work if you have a recent pyTivo installation and configure it for tivodecode (pyTivo will then decrypt from .TiVo to .mpg on fly when doing the push since .TiVo files cannot be pushed).

Quote:
but are you saying if i pull that from tivo thru my movies it will work?
Yes.