TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #241
blackngold75

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoombs View Post
It has certainly been a month, but I am not sure if it has also been "or so" as well. As of last night I am still on 20.2.2 and am wondering if something is wrong, or if suburban DC/Maryland is even one of the magical zip codes affected?
The 20.2.2.1 update just downloaded for me this morning.
blackngold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #242
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold75 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that.
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:31 AM   #243
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold75 View Post
I have a non sub TP and I just turned it on (it had 20.2.2) and it updated to 20.2.2.1 so I think the big switch was turned on when TiVo is updating sub and non sub TiVos.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #244
TZR916

My Tivo version says 20.2.2-01-2-758

Do I have 20.2.2.1 ?
TZR916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #245
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZR916 View Post
My Tivo version says 20.2.2-01-2-758

Do I have 20.2.2.1 ?
no.

you have 20.2.2

version should be 20.2.2.1-01-2.758
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #246
PeteB

Same Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyFox View Post
I've experienced unusual behavior ever since the update and I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread (but it may be that I just don't know all the proper terms or acronyms)

It has to do with deleting shows. Let's say I want to go and clean up all the programs in the Suggestions folder. The folder may look like this:

> Show 1
Show 2
Show 3
Show 4

In the past if I wanted to do this I'd press the clear button and Show 1 would disappear and the cursor would then be pointing at Show 2. I'd hit the clear button again and Show 2 would disappear and the cursor would point to show 3, etc. However, over the past month or so if I delete Show 1, that gets deleted but at the same time the cursor jumps over to show 3

After Delete (Pre-Update):

> Show 2
Show 3
Show 4

After Delete (Post-Update):

Show 2
> Show 3
Show 4

It seems like a small thing but it makes for more keystrokes when deleting multiple programs. If I want to delete 5 programs in a row I used to be able to hit clear-clear-clear-clear-clear, but now have to hit clear-up-clear-up-clear-up-clear-up-clear

Anyone else experiencing this?
I have the same issue. It affects me when I try to clear out the deleted folder. I think it only happends with the SD menus, but not sure.
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #247
PeteB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
No it is a serious issue "bug"
Even if you record a program but are watching it in the buffer at the end of the program it dumps you to Live TV even when nothing else is recording. to finish you must go to My Shows and fast forward to where you left off. annoying.

And if you are trying to watching two recordings back to back, but in the buffer you can't, the buffer will not transition to the next show on the same tuner.
This bug is extremely frustrating (along with the many others). TIVO, hire some real programmers!
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #248
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteB View Post

This bug is extremely frustrating (along with the many others). TIVO, hire some real programmers!
I've found the live buffer in general to be buggy in this release when programs are recording. For example, I saw the following the other day.

I record the Daily Show and Colbert Report which air back to back on the same channel. I tend to watch live, albeit delayed. When I'm watching The Daily Show and it switches over to starting to record The Colbert Report, the channel banner pops up, which isn't terrible. That happens all the time. In this instance I later held down the advance button to jump to the end and ended up in minute 40 of the 30 minute buffer. Yes, I was watching the Colbert Report, but the buffer and info banner said I was watching the end of The Daily Show. Swapping tuners back and forth fixed this.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #249
oregonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyFox View Post
I've experienced unusual behavior ever since the update and I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread (but it may be that I just don't know all the proper terms or acronyms)

It has to do with deleting shows. Let's say I want to go and clean up all the programs in the Suggestions folder. The folder may look like this:

> Show 1
Show 2
Show 3
Show 4

In the past if I wanted to do this I'd press the clear button and Show 1 would disappear and the cursor would then be pointing at Show 2. I'd hit the clear button again and Show 2 would disappear and the cursor would point to show 3, etc. However, over the past month or so if I delete Show 1, that gets deleted but at the same time the cursor jumps over to show 3

After Delete (Pre-Update):

> Show 2
Show 3
Show 4

After Delete (Post-Update):

Show 2
> Show 3
Show 4

It seems like a small thing but it makes for more keystrokes when deleting multiple programs. If I want to delete 5 programs in a row I used to be able to hit clear-clear-clear-clear-clear, but now have to hit clear-up-clear-up-clear-up-clear-up-clear

Anyone else experiencing this?
Same thing for me. I use SD menus. This new behavior is really annoying. It might seem like a minor thing, but it doubled the key presses needed to do a simple, common task. And it changed the behavior from intuitive ( Want to delete two things in a row: hit clear twice. ) to counter intuitive (hit clear, up arrow, clear). I do this daily to delete stuff from the suggestions folder.
oregonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:17 PM   #250
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonman View Post

Same thing for me. I use SD menus. This new behavior is really annoying. It might seem like a minor thing, but it doubled the key presses needed to do a simple, common task. And it changed the behavior from intuitive ( Want to delete two things in a row: hit clear twice. ) to counter intuitive (hit clear, up arrow, clear). I do this daily to delete stuff from the suggestions folder.
Why are you deleting things from the Suggestions Folder? They will automatically get deleted to make room for your shows.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:15 PM   #251
mattack

That's moot, since some of these weird behaviors (I'm pretty sure this one too) happen when deleting anything, not just a suggestion.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #252
oregonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
Why are you deleting things from the Suggestions Folder? They will automatically get deleted to make room for your shows.
I know. If I'm in there looking to see if there is anything I might want to watch, I delete stuff that there is no chance I'll watch. That slows the exiration of older shows in suggestions that I probably wont watch, but who knows (If I think I want to watch it later, I move it out of suggestions). I also delete partial recordings. Heck, I'm already there and its only one key press per show. Oh wait - now it takes two key presses.

That brings up another thing I think has changed with the latest update. If a suggestion is recording and I stop it because I want to use the tuner to watch something else, the partial program stays in the suggestion folder. I'm almost positive that it used to be deleted from the suggestions folder. I like the old behavior better. If I stopped the suggestion recording, I don't want it saved.

Oh and I've mentioned this one before, but I used to be able to move something out of suggestions by going into the keep until menu and just selecting the default keep until date. Now I have to actually change the keep until date or it stays in suggestions. Another extra key press.

That makes three small changes that combine to make it harder to manage the suggestions folder the way I want. And I don't see any benefit from any of the changes. Please Tivo, change them back!
oregonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #253
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonman View Post
I delete stuff that there is no chance I'll watch.
If you are not doing it already, you should be giving these shows at least one thumbs down before you delete them.
It will improve your suggestions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #254
aridon

I cancelled about a year or so ago. Maybe a tad more. My premier was slow and borderline awful especially using the HD menus and half the UI was HD while the other half SD.

Have things changed significantly since? Performance wise etc.?

Thinking of coming back to cable and still have my tivo premier.
aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #255
Arcady
Stargate Fan

Get the Premiere with the E on the end and it will work better.
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:39 AM   #256
BigJimOutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
I cancelled about a year or so ago. Maybe a tad more. My premier was slow and borderline awful especially using the HD menus and half the UI was HD while the other half SD.

Have things changed significantly since? Performance wise etc.?

Thinking of coming back to cable and still have my tivo premier.
All of the "regularly used" menus are HD now. To-Do List, Season Passes, Program Guide, etc. The only real laggard left is the Settings area, which isn't too big a deal.

Last January's update provided a decent performance boost. It's nothing to write home about, but it was enough to finally convince me to use the HD menus instead.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #257
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteB View Post
There are so many little things that have worked for many years but are now broken in this release. I have little hope that they will be fixed; take a look at the complete lack of progress or understanding for this obvious bug:

http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/for...ostID=11050449

It's bad enough that TiVo has not been making the forward progress I wish they would, but it's even worse that they're taking so many small steps backwards while they're at it.

- Chris
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #258
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
that made me chuckle
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #259
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimOutlaw View Post
All of the "regularly used" menus are HD now. To-Do List, Season Passes, Program Guide, etc. The only real laggard left is the Settings area, which isn't too big a deal.
And Wishlists, which is arguably more important if not more used.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #260
chiguy50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post
that made me chuckle
+1
chiguy50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #261
unitron

Quote:
It's like the TiVo guy on the front of the S2 540s, it keeps falling off.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #262
aridon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimOutlaw View Post

Last January's update provided a decent performance boost. It's nothing to write home about, but it was enough to finally convince me to use the HD menus instead.
Thank you for the info.
aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #263
morac
Cat God

Here's a big bug. I'm recording the Superbowl. I originally set it up to record an extra 30 minutes, but changed it to 60 minutes (from the My Shows screen) after the black out. Despite the buffer showing the additional 60 minutes (4:30 minute buffer), the recording stopped at 10:30 PM EST instead of 10:55 PM (for a total of 4 hours and 5 minutes).

That doesn't even make sense since it actually recorded an extra 35 minutes (instead of 60 or even 30).

Last edited by morac : 02-03-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #264
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Here's a big bug. I'm recording the Superbowl. I originally set it up to record an extra 30 minutes, but changed it to 60 minutes (from the My Shows screen) after the black out. Despite the buffer showing the additional 60 minutes (4:30 minute buffer), the recording stopped at 10:30 PM EST instead of 10:55 PM (for a total of 4 hours and 5 minutes).

That doesn't even make sense since it actually recorded an extra 35 minutes (instead of 60 or even 30).
I have had that happen a couple of times, I now only edit to extend the recording from the To Do List.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #265
unitron

Quote:

If it stopped at 10:30 PM EST, then it recorded an extra 30 minutes, not an extra 35, as the show was scheduled to end at 10:00 PM because Elementary was scheduled to start at 10:00 PM.

Sounds like it obeyed the original "add an extra 30 minutes" part and ignored the change to 60 instead.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #266
cityboy72

Hello Margaret.

We own a Elite Series 4, and have had great use of it. Up to a few weeks ago an unexplained bug has creeped up, baffling tech support which has guided us through numerous troubleshooting steps to no avail.

The problem is at exactly 10:26 AM for 20 minutes our XL4 stops displaying recorded or live tv. However during this, we can view netflix video, view menus and settings etc, but no audio or video from live tv or recorded tv. Another strange thing if we press the record button it willl record the show so after the 20 minute time we can watch the show where we left off.

Any help you can provide us would be great.

Thank you for your help.

Mario
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
Hi Community,

We have made a few bug fixes to our 20.2.2 update, and are now making 20.2.2.1

Here are some of the issues that have been resolved:

* Customers in Pittsburg were hearing Spanish instead of English on their ABC channel (WTAE). This issue also affected a limited number of other networks and shows and resulted in customers hearing "Audio Description" audio. It should now be resolved for all.

* Channel Logos have been restored in the Guide

* Some customers were hearing sound effects when pressing CHAN UP/DOWN in live TV. These actions should now be silent.

--Margret

cityboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #267
gamo62

Quote:
If that makes you warm and fuzzy at night, you keep telling yourself that...
gamo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #268
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy72 View Post
Hello Margaret.

We own a Elite Series 4, and have had great use of it. Up to a few weeks ago an unexplained bug has creeped up, baffling tech support which has guided us through numerous troubleshooting steps to no avail.

The problem is at exactly 10:26 AM for 20 minutes our XL4 stops displaying recorded or live tv. However during this, we can view netflix video, view menus and settings etc, but no audio or video from live tv or recorded tv. Another strange thing if we press the record button it willl record the show so after the 20 minute time we can watch the show where we left off.

Any help you can provide us would be great.

Thank you for your help.

Mario
Philadelphia, PA
Mario,

You either need to email her or tweet her. Tivo does not monitor these forums
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #269
sldavis1952

Got the 20.2.2.1 update this morning.
sldavis1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #270
tomsavell

Non-intuitive new behavior in TiVo software

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
I am also seeing this and am not happy about it.

Does anyone remember if it was possible in a prior SW version to record the remainder of the Buffer after the next shows time-slot has started. I could have sworn I used to be able to do this?

Example rewind into the prior show and Hit Record, did that last portion of the show record. There currently is not an option to record.

Is this possible on a Series 3?
Yes, it was possible on previous versions. It changed recently when (apparently) the new software update was pushed to my Premiere

This boils down to intuitive behavior. When you press <Record> on Live TV, it should record what you are watching! It shouldn't produce a menu allowing you to explore season passes and other options, which is the new behavior if real time is already past the end of the show you're watching.

Even the previous behavior was a little non-intuitive, in that it would lump together two shows into one recording - the one you were watching that was in the 30-minute pause buffer would be in the same recording as the show that came after it. But at least it let you record it. Now it's worse, of course, but what it should have always done is record only the show you were actually watching according to the play position in the buffer.

And the sudden jump to the next show when the current recording ends is absolutely horrible. It's completely confusing to the person watching the show, and even if you do figure out what happened, it's a royal pain to get back to where you were. You have to go to My Shows and start playing back the show that was just recorded, then fast forward through the whole program to get to the place you were at.

Interestingly, I had a different issue that caused me to call TiVo phone support, and during the call I mentioned this problem. The tech support rep said he was unaware of it and also couldn't find anything about it after searching. So he told me he entered it as a new issue.
tomsavell is offline   Reply With Quote