TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #181
TVCricket
HDUI

What do you mean? All that lists is episodes that were deleted or are duplicates of episodes. None of the episodes I want the Season Pass to record have aired in the last 30 days.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #182
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVCricket View Post
Ever since the update, my Season Pass for Seinfeld hasn't been recording all of the episodes. I have it set to All and Reruns. Under Conflicts, it lists none. The episodes haven't been recorded the last 30 days. So why doesn't the Premiere record them? Really stinks having to go through the Guide and manually setting recordings. Don't want to set the Season Pass to Record Everything because I don't want duplicates. Is there a reason this is happening?
Quote:
What do you mean? All that lists is episodes that were deleted or are duplicates of episodes. None of the episodes I want the Season Pass to record have aired in the last 30 days.
So which is it? In your first post, you say the episodes haven't been recorded in the last 30 days and you are having to manually set them. In your followup post, you say none of the episodes have aired in the last 30 days that you want to record.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #183
TVCricket
HDUI

No, what I'm saying is that the Premiere seems to think that these episodes have aired in the last 30 days when they haven't. This problem goes back 2-3 months. If I set the Season Pass to New & Reruns, it only records Seinfeld episodes that air at 6pm on weekdays. There are 3 other times that they air 11pm on weekdays and 7/7:30pm on Saturdays. If I set it to record Everything, then it records those 3 other times.

The reason that I know is because I manually set every episode for the last month to test it out. Based on the Tivo's 28 day air rule, shouldn't all episodes begin recording again? There are episodes coming up that I know I haven't seen since maybe September, yet it refuses to Auto-record them. I'm on OTA only. Didn't have this problem before the HD-UI update was finished.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #184
innocentfreak

And if you go into To Do List, why does it say those episodes won't be recorded?

Old 12-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #185
TVCricket
HDUI

"Currently there are no shows scheduled to record that conflict with other shows that are also scheduled to record."

The specific episode after I just turned the Season Pass back to New & Reruns doesn't even show up on the ToDo List when I keep pressing C until it shows ALL.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:56 PM   #186
innocentfreak

If you just updated the season pass it can take a bit before it rebuilds the to do list with new episodes.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #187
cherry ghost

All the airings are on the same channel?

I'd delete the Season Pass and recreate it.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #188
ItsRounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea7kenp View Post
This is the one where "orphaned data streams" are discarded prematurely, with TiVo "jerking" you to the start of the new program, now recording. I've been experimenting with this since it started, noting that, if there's only a short time remaining in the "orphaned data stream" (meaning previous show, with the time intact that you'd hit pause), everything's ok.

My suspicion is that this has to do with if "local commercials" were in the time-span between where you are, in your viewing, and the start of the new recording. In other words, Comcast might have placed their OWN "important announcements" inside this time span. And, if that's the case, TiVo loses your place.
I've had this issue a number of times but I'm still not clear on how to reproduce it. I'm not sure what you mean by local commercials causing the problem either. What exactly is required for the TiVo to skip the current finished recording and jump to the start of the next show?
ItsRounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #189
TVCricket
HDUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
All the airings are on the same channel?

I'd delete the Season Pass and recreate it.
Yes, they are all on the same channel. Tried removing the Season Pass, then adding it again, but it still does the same thing. I even put it at #1 in the Priority List, but only schedules to record the 6pm episodes.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #190
morac
Cat God

Here's a weird one. I was watching a recording in progress live. When it ended, the buffer showed that it went back into the recording, i.e. the recording ended at 12:02 PM, but the buffer went back to 11:32 PM. I couldn't rewind back into the buffer though, I could only rewind as far back as to when the recording stopped.
morac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #191
L David Matheny

Quote:
Yes, they are all on the same channel. Tried removing the Season Pass, then adding it again, but it still does the same thing. I even put it at #1 in the Priority List, but only schedules to record the 6pm episodes.
If you "set the Season Pass to New & Reruns" (as you said), the TiVo will not record the same episode more than once within the 28-day guide window, and of course it will not record it again if it's already in My Shows. If you want all showings to record, you have to set it that way in the season pass. Am I missing something? Are you saying that the episode numbers are different, yet it is only choosing to record one episode?
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #192
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
Here's a weird one. I was watching a recording in progress live. When it ended, the buffer showed that it went back into the recording, i.e. the recording ended at 12:02 PM, but the buffer went back to 11:32 PM. I couldn't rewind back into the buffer though, I could only rewind as far back as to when the recording stopped.
If it showed a buffer bar at the bottom but it was inaccessible for you to rewind into, to my thinking that is a bug. If it's inaccessible for any reason, it shouldn't be shown as a buffer.
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #193
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea7kenp View Post
Thank you, David. TiVo probably doesn't think it's "discarding data" at all. In fact, it's the time shifting that's lost. In fact, thanks for giving me a way to describe this problem: "continuing the now-orphaned data stream until its end". I consider anything OTHER than that to be a Bug.

Thank you and best regards,

Ken Parker, Seattle, WA
This just bit us too. My wife and I were watching a live TV show that was on from 3pm to 4pm. It wasn't being explicitly recorded, we simply came across it live and found it interesting. We fell behind a bit because we had to pause to tend to our toddler. At 4pm, both tuners had to record something else, but we were still "behind" in our program (around 3:50pm). However, the TiVo discarded what we were watching and pushed us into one of the new live TV streams. We missed the ending of the show - very frustrating.

The new Netflix and Youtube apps were bad enough. But now, between this and the slow channel changes, the updates are breaking very basic functionality that has worked for many years.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #194
ItsRounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispitude View Post
This just bit us too. My wife and I were watching a live TV show that was on from 3pm to 4pm. It wasn't being explicitly recorded, we simply came across it live and found it interesting. We fell behind a bit because we had to pause to tend to our toddler. At 4pm, both tuners had to record something else, but we were still "behind" in our program (around 3:50pm). However, the TiVo discarded what we were watching and pushed us into one of the new live TV streams. We missed the ending of the show - very frustrating.
I've seen this happen a few times but I'm unable to make it happen intentionally. I contacted TiVo support and they seem completely unaware of this particular bug and I can't tell them what makes the bug show up. When I get the chance I'll try to set up both tuners to be recording shows immediately following a show that I'll start a recording manually and then let it fall behind by 45 minutes to see if that triggers the bug.
ItsRounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #195
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRounder View Post
I've seen this happen a few times but I'm unable to make it happen intentionally. I contacted TiVo support and they seem completely unaware of this particular bug and I can't tell them what makes the bug show up. When I get the chance I'll try to set up both tuners to be recording shows immediately following a show that I'll start a recording manually and then let it fall behind by 45 minutes to see if that triggers the bug.
I was able to reproduce it. I scheduled two shows to record at 3:30pm, then watched a live TV show at 3pm that I paused for 10 minutes to build up a buffer. At 3:30pm, it yanked me away from what I was watching to show me one of the recorded shows.

Looks like I'm opening another support ticket... (Edit: opened ticket 121227-007248).

Last edited by chrispitude : 12-27-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #196
TVCricket
HDUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by L David Matheny View Post
If you "set the Season Pass to New & Reruns" (as you said), the TiVo will not record the same episode more than once within the 28-day guide window, and of course it will not record it again if it's already in My Shows. If you want all showings to record, you have to set it that way in the season pass. Am I missing something? Are you saying that the episode numbers are different, yet it is only choosing to record one episode?
If you go back to my previous posts, I state that none of the episodes are already recorded or have aired in the last 28 days. I know this because for the last month, I manually added every airing that it would not record. After 31 days, technically it should start recording everything again since the 28 day rule is over. Even the episodes I deleted (I delete them after watching them) are not ones that aren't being recorded now. Last month the majority of episodes were from seasons 1-3, this month they're pretty much all from seasons 6-8. Something's obviously wrong.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #197
L David Matheny

Quote:
No, what I'm saying is that the Premiere seems to think that these episodes have aired in the last 30 days when they haven't. This problem goes back 2-3 months. If I set the Season Pass to New & Reruns, it only records Seinfeld episodes that air at 6pm on weekdays. There are 3 other times that they air 11pm on weekdays and 7/7:30pm on Saturdays. If I set it to record Everything, then it records those 3 other times.

The reason that I know is because I manually set every episode for the last month to test it out. Based on the Tivo's 28 day air rule, shouldn't all episodes begin recording again? There are episodes coming up that I know I haven't seen since maybe September, yet it refuses to Auto-record them. I'm on OTA only. Didn't have this problem before the HD-UI update was finished.
I'm seeing something similar. (I'm OTA-only, SDUI, got fall update at time of full release.) I noticed that Saturday Night Live wasn't scheduled to record, so I checked Recording History, and it showed the "same episode appears" message for both channels that carry the show, but SNL doesn't appear in To Do or My Shows (except Recently Deleted, and those are different episodes). The episodes that should record were first aired more than a month ago. The season passes (one for each channel) specify "New & Reruns". The SNL shows are listed in the guide (via the Guide button) and in Upcoming Episodes, but interestingly "Saturday Night Live" doesn't appear in a Search by Title. GC, indexing, etc, all appear to be timely. I recorded last Saturday's show from the guide, but next Saturday's apparently will be missed also unless I do the same for it.

UPDATE: Since receiving more guide data over the last couple of days, my Premiere now has SNL scheduled for Jan 12, but for Jan 5 it still lists the "same episode appears" error for both channels (incorrectly it seems). And interestingly "Saturday Night Live" still doesn't appear in a Search by Title on the Premiere, but it does on my TiVo HD.

Last edited by L David Matheny : 01-02-2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Update
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #198
TTUGaryGregory

I am having the same problem when watching a "live" show not being recorded and it ending unexpectedly. I was watching the 10:00 pm new last night with about a 15 minute delay and at 10:30 I had a season pass recording start and the TiVo jumped to the show being recorded even if it's on a different tuner. And for the last couple of days my TiVo Premier is rebooting itself at least once a day.

I doubt that the hard drive is the problem since it's less than a year old -- was wondering if this could be related to 2.2.2.1?

Thanks.

Last edited by TTUGaryGregory : 01-01-2013 at 12:53 PM.
TTUGaryGregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #199
proudx

New bug from fall update. The zoom key that I use to exit menus and quickly close onscreen menus now triggers the channel banner with each push. Press zoom to clear banner and it disappears and comes right back.
proudx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #200
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudx View Post
New bug from fall update. The zoom key that I use to exit menus and quickly close onscreen menus now triggers the channel banner with each push. Press zoom to clear banner and it disappears and comes right back.
That is not a bug... That is how it is supposed to function
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #201
proudx

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
That is not a bug... That is how it is supposed to function
So before the fall update when I pushes the zoom button (exit key on remote) it would clear the channel banner. Now after the fall update Zoom
Will not clear channel banner? So what is the bug? The way it functioned before the fall update or after? I'd say zoom should clear channel banner just like zoom clears any other onscreen menu so it's a bug.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #202
proudx

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudx View Post
So before the fall update when I pushes the zoom button (exit key on remote) it would clear the channel banner. Now after the fall update Zoom
Will not clear channel banner? So what is the bug? The way it functioned before the fall update or after? I'd say zoom should clear channel banner just like zoom clears any other onscreen menu so it's a bug.
It's actually listed as the exit key on my ir codes
Old 01-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #203
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

"Zoom" does not, and has never, cleared the onscreen menus. That's what "Clear" is for. "Zoom" does two things:

1. Its original function: Switch between the different zoom modes, "Zoom", "Full", and "Panel". This is what it does when the video is full-sized.

2. When the video is in a small window, "Zoom" brings it back to full size -- zooming into it, in other words. (Exception: If you disable the preview window, "Zoom" still goes to live video. This makes for consistent behavior in one sense, but in another sense it breaks the metaphor.)

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #204
Arcady
Stargate Fan

The Zoom button on remotes used to be called Window. That almost makes sense on a modern TiVo, but who wants to use a Series 2 remote? And the button still does nothing on a Series 2.
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #205
proudx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
"Zoom" does not, and has never, cleared the onscreen menus. That's what "Clear" is for. "Zoom" does two things:

1. Its original function: Switch between the different zoom modes, "Zoom", "Full", and "Panel". This is what it does when the video is full-sized.

2. When the video is in a small window, "Zoom" brings it back to full size -- zooming into it, in other words. (Exception: If you disable the preview window, "Zoom" still goes to live video. This makes for consistent behavior in one sense, but in another sense it breaks the metaphor.)
I have a window ir code too and that's different. This appear to be a discrete ir exit code
Old 01-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #206
proudx

IR EXIT KEy does not remove channel banner screen

The exit key will close onscreen menus, including the guide, tivo menu, etc. However when pressing exit when the onscreen channel banner is up just brings it up again. Before the fall update the exit key would also close out the channel banner.

while the exit key is not found on the tivo remotes, there is a discrete IR code for it that has worked for years on my universal mx-800 remote. It has tradionally functioned to bring you out of recordings, onscreen, menus, etc. AFter the fall update the key no longer clears the channel banner.

placed ticket for this new bug now: 130107-008419

Last edited by proudx : 01-07-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #207
MichaelK

I vaguely recall the "exit" button was on an early remote- perhaps the original directivo remote? (of course could be my mind playing tricks on me...)

edit: yep olf directivo remotes had an exit button. http://www.amazon.com/Authentic-Dire.../dp/B001ANZTX4
MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #208
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Exit command is still there with the S3 device...which is what I'm using with all my XL4 activities on my Harmony One....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #209
leiff

I've mentioned the following bug a couple of times here:
"Can not erase entire folder while viewing contents of said folder. "
Maybe I'm one of the few people who this negatively effects but I find this extremely annoying. I sent email to Margaret from tivo but has anyone "opened a ticket" for this? I admittedly don't know what that phrase means but anything I can do do fix bug I'd like to do if any one wants to tell me how to do this.
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #210
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiff View Post
I've mentioned the following bug a couple of times here:
"Can not erase entire folder while viewing contents of said folder. "
Maybe I'm one of the few people who this negatively effects but I find this extremely annoying. I sent email to Margaret from tivo but has anyone "opened a ticket" for this? I admittedly don't know what that phrase means but anything I can do do fix bug I'd like to do if any one wants to tell me how to do this.
It doesn't sound like a bug to me unless it is happening when no one is watching a program in the folder. It seems like a good design decision to stop people from deleting a folder with contents you are currently watching.